Latex stunt neck seals research and build thread

web.jpg?ver=13182713520003

I think this neck seal is the same as the others above, just squashed.

Maybe you are over thinking the ribs on these. I am thinking they are more corrugated ridges rather than hard lines. It is hard to tell from the photos to be certain, but they may not be like the ribs on the hero seals.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I think it is like this:

post-3106-0-03073400-1318396064_thumb.jpg

Both the guy on the left on the two shot reference and the one putting off the helmet.

What do you think?

Saludos

My personal thoughts are the "stunt" neckseals were found objects. I think they were dive suit neckseals. They were both ribbed and smooth and they had a round bib that was sometimes shredded.

I honestly don't think they took the time to make a mold for latex to make them. I think they custom made the seals for Luke/Han, but the rest of the stormies were purchased in en masse.

Their seals look much, much looser than the DS troops. Also, the ribs look bigger/fewer. Just my speculation, based on a couple of pics.

I also assume they were improvised given that the Tatooine scenes were the first to be filmed and the first time the trooper suits were used. Given the changes made to the armor details, it would not be unreasonable to guess that they also made changes or improvements to the DS trooper seals filmed later in England.

Just my opinion. I have no inside knowledge or proof to backup my claims.

• 3 months later...

The more I look at the pictures, the more I think it is like this:

post-3106-0-03073400-1318396064_thumb.jpg

Both the guy on the left on the two shot reference and the one putting off the helmet.

What do you think?

Saludos

I'd be inclined to say the images almost looks like there are two ribs to a fold, so I guess I'm seeing the seal as being a little along these lines too.

• 3 weeks later...

Still working on various prototypes.

But the coldest winter inEurope for over 60 years (up to -30° celsius/centigrade prevented me doing any latex work!

I hope I have something to show soon!

Karin

Really!? This winter up here in Sweden is really nice compared to how it was last winter. I'm overjoyed at the mild weather. Seems like you got the short end of the stick this time...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...