Does any one actually play the Wii?

Runnriottt

This thing sucks. Really. Having played the xBox now with Kenect.. Can you go back?

I thought it was kinda weak from the start, but now.. its looking silly. Ill bet there worth like a third of what I paid for all this now huh? Are there any redeeming qualities of these game systems or did I just fund a shelf ornament?

I still cannot figure out how to Play some of these games...

Ghostbusters

Clone wars Heros

Force Unleashed

Light saber duel

Tiger Woods

The only games we play at all are sports and Fit. Yeesh.

i have the wii (for the kids) IMHO the only great game for WII is the new SUPER MARIO BROTHERS WII. other than that you can install some custom firmware to make the WII more useful and run homebrew apps.. mine has a 300gig hard drive :P but i only play the PS3 myself, the wii is more for young kids.

Got the Force Unleashed, thats okay, but I kept getting beaten by my 6 year old son (seems to know all the button combo's off the back of his hand) not being a competitive father I gave it up :wacko:

Currently at 97% on the Lego Clone Wars game on the PS3, beating him there :dancing-trooper:

My kids and I play the Wii. Our fave is Mario bros. And my fave is the 007 games. We have the USB loader and have several hundred games on an external HD. We limit how much we play but enjoy the Wii very much.

I have one and only use it for netflix, and the occasional game of donkey kong or super mario. The new wii was announced last week, and looks pretty cool with the HD graphics. There is a video of a guy playing some sort of zelda tech demo on it, and I was certainly impressed.

Oh, and if you so inclined, its incredibly easy to mod the Wii to play backups with no worries about being banned.

Edited by Wiggleplum

The first party games (Mario) are great, as is Goldeneye. You have to filter to the good stuff because there are many poorly developed third party games out there. I've played the system at friend's houses on several occasions but would never own one just because of the motion controls and the selection of games. I'm a traditional button controller and mouse/keyboard gamer. The Wii U doesn't impress me either. Nintendo lost me after the N64 and I stopped buying their products. However, I do like what companies are doing right now because every time a new technology is developed we're one step closer to creating a Holodeck. :P

Edited by TrooperTim

My kids did like it... but with the Kenect you are far more mobile. I bought the Jackson game, the Wii was so weak. They liked it at first then quit. The menus are confusing and hard to navigate. My 7 and 5 year old just gave up. Aside from the sports and fit, thy cant get it. Kenect wham... Right from the start. Plus you have to dance, not just shake the controller.

Seems like the Netflix is good, but living overseas i am blocked from content. I have a Japanese IP. xBox does that too... Meh... Mario cart huh? Ill look into that.

Never was into the wii from the beginning, and then playing it at a friends house just confirmed it lol. It was fun with friends, but thats what made it fun, friends. PS3 is the my drug of choice, i'm on all the time. Its kinda bad when the move and kenect come in and just blow even the 2nd more advanced version of wii's motion controls out of the water. You just cant quite get the experience of fallout, assassins creed etc on the WII as you can on the PS3 or 360, and thats what I want.

Here's what I ended up doing to my PS3 because i love it so much. I took 2 fans from a burnt out power supply then cut into the shell and wired it into the PS3 to help cool it down lol.

DSC00385.jpg

My Wii's been sitting in it's box since I got my 360. After going to hi-def, I just can't go back. Most of the same games are available on Xbox anyways, so why not just buy them for the 360 and get everything I want out of it? Wii should have had hi-def from the start. Nintendo has only made me sad since they stopped making games for the SNES. :(

I play the Wii. Don't play Xbox or PS3, can't afford them so I started with the Wii and I'll probably keep playing it for a while. Besides I got a free game to test and rate from pandatrooper when he was working for EA Games. Perhaps someday I'll get either an Xbox or PS3, but I want to purchase armor first.