The ultimate ANH Helmet is now complete

Well they have already said that the price will be competative to what already exists. What that really means is left to see. But I for one thinks the days of really high prices for a good helmet are numbered.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its gonna be the who wants to buy this kit or helmet for collecting or trooping...

Ā 

for trooping the price would be too much and for collecting only a few people could "easily" buy it...

Ā 

I really hope Simon reads these discussions and thinks about what he is doing to avoid another TE debacle or alienate himself with fans like AA has done with his machinations. Simon does not owe anything to anyone but a gold mine fell on his lap and he has to be careful how he is gonna use this gift. If greed gets in the way, it will come back to bite him in the behind.

Ā 

It's not that people are cheap but the reality of it is that a lot of people already have buckets and suits that does the job and pretty well at that. Buying this would be more like rewarding yourself more than anything else. Will people want to invest thousands of dollars again on a hobby just to say i have a "better" looking kit than i have right now. Its like having a cool looking Honda in your yard but you want that vintage Harley also...you already have a cool looking expensive bike...do you really need another one just because of the name?

Ā 

Another thing that worries me now is that everybody is jumping in the air and are happy but what about the guys that offer very good kits like ATA , Gino ( sometimes ) and TE2 and the others...where does that leave them? Will people drop them in favor of the Si-Man suit? It would be a sad day if this happens if you ask me because they are well known and respected contributors to this hobby and i would really hate that troopers do an about face on them and stop buying form them just "because" of you know what...

Ā 

Ā 

my 2 republic credit..

Edited by LittleOne

No people will not "drop" the other makes, just as they haven't already been dropped before when a new maker comes out. Did people stop buying TE2 when TM came out? No. Did they stop buying TE2 when ATA or CAP-W came out? No. Some people want more than one helmet, and they probably want them from different makers as well.

The price will be what the price will be. Either you as a buyer will find it worth it or not, and he is free to charge and much or little as he likes. GINO made beautiful helmets, but they were expensive and not overly troopable. ATA's aren't the most accurate, but he sells a bunch, and AM does a nice business in armor even being fan made. TM is the most expensive you can get, and yet he too is not hurting for sales.

Ā 

What it does provide is choice, and it will be great that people are allowed to have that choice, regardless of price.

Ā 

As for recasting - it will be inevitable only if we allow it to be so. Has anyone recasted TM for instance? Even the DIY crowd is not that stupid.

I hate to sound lazy, but can anyone here sum up the origin of this helmet? I clicked on the link to the original thread and saw 25 pages that I'd have to read through. Plus the original article talking about the helmets origin is no longer up. If someone who has followed this could reply with a brief history, I would be very grateful. :blush:

Awesome news!

Ā 

ƂĀ£225 is good value considering they are cast from an original ANH helmet and have not been messed with at all. Considering how much his helmet and suit is worth that is a steal.

Ā 

Joe

I think i missed something . :blink:

Where is the price written or the material this kit wil be made off??

Ā 

Edit:

Ā 

Ok, got it:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/new-hope-stunt-helmet-interest-siman-kit-116207/

Ā 

225 GPB is for a styrene Kit.

300 GBP for a complet finished one.

Ā 

I think i wait till i see some finished ones.

Not want to buy the cat in the bag.

Edited by Turrican

Unless I'm reading it wrong... In this statement, SiMan said the 1st batch would be ABS.

Ā 

"Re: Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

The first Run of helmets will be white ABS all casts so far have been taken from the inside of the helmet and suit its been a very delicate process so as not to harm the original in anyway and no arm sections or leg sections have been split to achieve this."

Ā 

Sounds like we can expect to see a full suit as well! :D

Ā 

J

Edited by TK 4702

There seems to be at least one original hand guard in the pictures...

Ā 

This is really going to shake up the trooper world! :duim:

Ā 

Joe

Ā 

Riiiight... I remember. The one with the pattern drawn onto. But they wont be able the cast these latex. at least these will have to be "fan sculpted"tongue.gif

exactly if you don't like the price then don't buy simple

Ā 

Very true, and you guys have listened to suggestions and taken onboard advice all through this so i salute you :salute: - as for the price WOW ƂĀ£300 for a finished - cast direct from an original ANH helmet (dunno why i keep typing helemt??)that is an amazing price!!!

How many paid ƂĀ£1000 for anyother "makers" helmet thinking it was a direct casting when it was infact cast from duplicate molds??

I don't understand - when I was reading through the thread on the RPF - I thought they said they were going to make these helmets in HDPE? Also - SiMan showed a picture of a pull done in black HDPE - what happened to that???

Ā 

jack

Riiiight... I remember. The one with the pattern drawn onto. But they wont be able the cast these latex. at least these will have to be "fan sculpted"tongue.gif

Ā 

And why wouldn't they be able to? Make a plaster mould of the real deal, pull it out, pour in new latex. It's that simple.