Original ANH

ctankep

Just wondering if there is any good quality original version of ANH. I mean does it exist? Or is every dvd release etz with the new cgi-pest and mickey mouse bullshucks?

The downside about this version is that I think the "original" are just copies of the vob's from the old LaserDisk verison, which while picture-wise is close it still has Episode IV on it and also only has stereo (2 channel) sound.

There's a really good fan edit of ANH where he took the base movie and blended it with some SE elements and custom CGI work that is now my favorite. Don't recall the name here at work, but I'm sure someone (Tom?) will chime in :)

The downside about this version is that I think the "original" are just copies of the vob's from the old LaserDisk verison, which while picture-wise is close it still has Episode IV on it and also only has stereo (2 channel) sound.

There's a really good fan edit of ANH where he took the base movie and blended it with some SE elements and custom CGI work that is now my favorite. Don't recall the name here at work, but I'm sure someone (Tom?) will chime in :)

That is Star Wars: Revisited. Just do a google of Star Wars Revisited or ANH Revisited and you should be able to find a copy

There was a version that had both, the CGI and the original

click here

I have this same package... I bought it around Christmas last year at Target for $10. Seems just fine to me... matches my old original VHS version. ;)

That is Star Wars: Revisited. Just do a google of Star Wars Revisited or ANH Revisited and you should be able to find a copy

Found info on both ANH revisited and ESB revisited, thank you so much! But i am unable to find any source for the actual movies unfortunately... Could anyone PM me? Or if it's ok to help directly in this thread? Would greatly appreciate i.

Of Ep. IV I have de official DVD version, the Limited version (with the Laserdisc version on the second disc) and two fan editions: Adywan's "Revisited" and the Darth Editous one. :duim:

Found info on both ANH revisited and ESB revisited, thank you so much! But i am unable to find any source for the actual movies unfortunately... Could anyone PM me? Or if it's ok to help directly in this thread? Would greatly appreciate i.

Is ESB Revisited out? I'd heard it was in work, but hadn't heard that it had been completed? I have ANH Revisited (it's the only version I watch anymore), and I'd love to add ESB Revisited to my library.

Yeah, if you can get Adywan's ANH Revisited on DVD it is the only one you will ever watch again. It looks super clean and great sound. Out of the hundreds of things he fixed or changed there is only one shot I disagree with. But I'll keep that to myself. If you can get it-- DO IT!!

By the way, heard a rumour that all the scenes with luke and biggs will be found in the bluray edit that LFL will release? Is this true? What else, if anything do we know will be changed/added in ANH?

Also, i can't believe that they missed the blue screen lid on the escape pod when it lay in the dessert... :D i mean come on? It can be seen miles away. :(