Velco Vs Elastic question

What are the pros and cons of using nylon or elastic to hang my thighs from a belt or ab plate. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I messed up in the topic title. I meant nylon VS elastic lol

Edited by Striker

I use a mix of elastic and nylon strap. I actually use two inch elastic for the thighs as it gives less than one inch but it still gives for movement. I have nylon strap on the bells and biceps. For the ab plate I have a suspender system set up of very heavy duty elastic.

I use 2 inch elastic for holding up the thighs. Actually I sewed another 2 inch strip of elastic so that the strap is 2 layers of 2 inch elastic. Makes it extra strong. No problems with walking - never had thighs fall down. To keep my under suit from fraying I always sew the hook side of the velcro away from the body. Another way of saying that is I put the pile side of velcro on teh armor itself, that way the plusher side of the velcro touches the undersuit. Haven't had any fraying yet.

Elastic will give and allow you a bif of freedom if needed.

Nylon webbing is rigid and doesn't flex at all.

TBH I don't think there's much of a difference and thinking about it, a stretched band will produce more pull of you than a rigid webbing strap.

I'd still go for elastic if you can as you can adjust things on your body as you see fit.

i use elastic with snap plates on mine. i rather like it. :)

i'll be posting pics of my strapping system later today actually...