ANH strapping - was it all brackets for them all?

Can someone explain this chaps white elastic to me?

Hope Tony TK300 doesn't mind me stealing this link

whitestrap.jpg

So if they all had the wire brackets and black elastic, why has this guy got white elastic and it's clearly stretching some distance

Stunt configuration maybe?

What Stephen says makes sense to me. It's only elastic for the inside. It's not supposed to be seen anyway, so I don't think they cared much it it was in a different colour than the other suits.

John I personally think your first instinct is correct, a Stunt set up of some sort. Look at how the crotch and legs are trimmed allowing much more movement than would generally expected in armour. Also when you factor in the fact that he is clearly doing a stunt in this pic it makes it make even more sense. I seeem to recall a theory a while back that some of the armour, Thighs I think, may have been rubber on the stunt guys. Did this only ever stay a theory or was there any evidence provided? looking on the thighs on this pic it seems possible as they do seem an odd shape.

taking into consideration that in periodic troopers in the movie, there's several scenes where a TK or two have "inaccuracies" in their armor. happened a fair amount...

If he was a (literal) "stunt" man then his strapping could've been completely different... especially if he was one who took a blaster hit.

Look at this guy from ESB who's about to get blasted... he's obviously got on more than any sort of strapping system of any kind.

ESB-TK-47.jpg

I'm sure they would've done all sorts of things to rig them up for a squib to go off.

Maybe someone else will actually know an answer... but that's my thought.

Talking of stunt suits....if they existed

I noticed yesterday that some of the guys sniper plates look yellow and floppy at times.

Will have to dig the scene out

I guess I doubt they had "different suits for stunt men"... but I don't doubt they did different things when dressing the stunt man for a scene.

• 3 months later...