TM 1MM TD build[*TM]

Hi there Troopers,

This will be my Trooper master armor sandtrooper build. I will be building it and will post pics of my progress. I hope to make this a good tutorial for all of us to use. Please add to the body of knwledge here to help others and me to build the best armor possible. This is a 1mm sandtrooper kit made by troopermaster (Paul) and let me be the first to say this is a true work of art. I feel this armor is going to produce a sweet set of armor. I will say it is expensive but in my opinion well worth the price. When I'm done I will change my screen name here to Sand Flea...for some reason it fits. Hope you all enjoy this build!

Thanks for looking,

Darren

Here is the kit out of the box plus Canvas belt/shoulder straps, TK boots, Pouches from Zadokk, Sgts Paulderon, and my E-11 blaster

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

After laying out the kit my first task is to do some basic trimming. This kit comes untrimmed and needs to be cut down in order to do your measuring cuts. Here are some pics of the intial trim: Paul marked all pieces with a L or an R to help you figure out where they go. If you look at the picture you can see the lip I'm trimming off. It wraps upwards and will interfer with a measured cut. I suggest you just rim the bare min here then do your measured cut for the final trim. Measure twice on that step and cut only once!

IMG_0434.jpg

In this pic you can see how it curls up and will interfer with a measure test fit...depending on how you build. I am going to use the shims but may or may not overlap the actual peices of armor. If your not sure start with this step until you decide. More pic on this when we get to the measured cut statge. Yes all peices will need some basic trimming.

IMG_0427.jpg

Fin piece with basic cut. It is flat now and can be overlapped or will not interfer with the metal ruler

IMG_0437.jpg

This step only took about 2 hours for the whole armor...had a lunch break too. Not too time consuming and depending on your armor building skill well worth the time investment. Next post will be on measured cuts and will show some of my suspension set up. I will take this tread to the weathering point and then I will only post on MEPD.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy this build.

Darren

So did you trim the whole kit with a pair of scissors ?

This really is a good suit , its good to see example in America, you need to spread the screen accuracy to the land of the FX ... :o;)

So did you trim the whole kit with a pair of scissors ?

This really is a good suit , its good to see example in America, you need to spread the screen accuracy to the land of the FX ... :o;)

I could have but I am just doing ruff trim so I am doing finishing with a razor and metal ruler for straight edge. You won't really be able to see it under the trim piece but it will make it easier to line everything up in my opinion.

really a nice kit.

Do you plan the original strapping system?

I'm going to use some of the straps from stuff I've learned here with some mods of my own. I have some tactical orca suspenders I plan to use. Not sure yet Karin

• 2 weeks later...

Little update

Working on the Bucket this time. The first thing I did was mark off area with a pencil which was going to be trimmed out. Then I trimmed and dremeled out the areas on the teeth, eyes and excess. I installed rivets, ear pieces, brow trim, green lens, fans, added black mesh in teeth area, and painted the grey ares on the bucket.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

I used a Testor paint pen. I didn't have anyone to take pictures of some steps but I utilized hot glue to secure the lens and teeth mesh to the bucket. The fans are just in with velcro so I can move them around. I will be using ROM/FX Pro with this armor and not sure I will be placing it in the bucket. I can remove the mic tips for HOVI speaker type if I want to at a later date. The padding in this bucket is Spydex which is the same type of padding in military helmets. it is a velcro setup which is comfortable and easy to move around for adjustments

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

The paint isn't perfect and that is what I was going for because the pictures of the buckets I've research from the original ANH had the same look. I will hand paint the black outlines and chin on the helmets today and will ad finish pics of the bucket before I weather it. I'll keep at it and will work to update the tread. I'm a lot further in this build then I have on here so I'll work to update this more. Thanks guys hope you enjoy. I have to say this armor is a wonderful thing to build. Thanks Paul.

Darren

TK-7435

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm done with this build but I lost some of the pics along the way. I know I'll have more on MEPD so if you want to see a few more pics of this armor check over there. My name is SandFlea on MEPD. These are the last test fit pics before I went and got all dirty.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpgIMG_0546.jpgIMG_0545.jpg

I hope you all like this armor. Paul makes a heck of an armor kit. It was a true joy to build.

Thanks to all.

SandFlea