TE selling his molds

GINO

SO.. that said the SFS helmet forming molds will be sold to someone that wants to carry this on. I am not making anything ever again, nor logging onto any forums once the last helmet is pulled. I TE is dead. He cannot be anything more than a fan anymore, and a far and distant one at that.

I think I'm experiencing Deja Vu.

Based on personal experience and observation, Matt will only be done with making helmets until he needs more $, then the person who he sells the molds to (and supposed rights) will be screwed over just like everyone who he has done this to in the past, when he starts selling helmets/armor again.

Buyer beware.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers Matt making a dramatic departure from making trooper stuff by selling off his molds, only to return later with a magical new set.

This may sound strange to the noobs who weren't around for these shenanigans, but the ones who have been around awhile have never forgotten.

The cycle continues...

I think I'm experiencing Deja Vu.

Based on personal experience and observation, Matt will only be done with making helmets until he needs more $, then the person who he sells the molds to (and supposed rights) will be screwed over just like everyone who he has done this to in the past, when he starts selling helmets/armor again.

Buyer beware.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers Matt making a dramatic departure from making trooper stuff by selling off his molds, only to return later with a magical new set.

This may sound strange to the noobs who weren't around for these shenanigans, but the ones who have been around awhile have never forgotten.

The cycle continues...

Aw gino, I [accuse you of] stealing from me and not honoring agreements, only to show up later and claim I stole from [you]. [edit] Ruining molds is also another one of ginos specialties... ask him about it sometime.. did it on purpose.. got news for you little one, you are not the trooper police. Not even close to being an expert.. expert thief maybe...but not anything close to my level.

yes I sol of the others and then people hounded me to make some from the new helmet. So I did. Why dont you go out and post where people will care [edit]? I seem to remember a few posts back people told you to get lost and shut up. You should do that. Your jealousy keeps rearing its ugly head as well as your infamous attempts to thwart all I do.. He basically does not want someone else to have the molds that are better than his stolen ones are, again trying to thwart and dissuade him being beaten down again so he can lay a baseless and ludicrous claim to being an 'expert'... :lol:

So keep trying, its a good attempt!

LOL..

TE

[Edited by Daetrin]

Popcorn time:

OK so let's be clear. The reality Matt is that you have in fact sold molds only to come back and sell new items using new ones several times. You admit this yourself and many of us have seen this happen, so having this fact brought up shouldn't be cause for dispute.

Baiting Gino also is out of line especially considering that you've in the past complained about him baiting you. This needs to stop, and both parties (and their griefers) have been repeatedly warned. It's getting so the moderator team isn't even bothering to notify when threads are deleted. We just delete and move on.

It's not a secret (or shouldn't be) that you two have a dispute regarding two transactions: the selling and ownership of one set of molds and the lending and damage of another.

We can create a nice thread on these boards where both of you can air out your grievances and lock it for posterity, pinning it even so that every new person can read it.

But to bring this stuff up over and over again on every board that deals with armor is getting to be quite tiresome when there does not seem to be any hope of the matter being laid to rest.

You guys are both welcome here to sell stuff, lurk, and post. Stay. Enjoy the fellowship of white armor. But the flame wars have to stop.

In my personal Nirvana there is room for both of you to exist on the same board, but I'm wondering if it will only ever be a pipe dream.

Heavy handed deleting occurred. Any posts by anyone other than Matt or GINO will be deleted by me. Any personal attacks will be edited. One more chance...

Heavy handed deleting occurred. Any posts by anyone other than Matt or GINO will be deleted by me. Any personal attacks will be edited. One more chance...

See, my point exactly.. He hits and runs with his posts. I sold one set of helmet molds. So why worry about this one? Different helmet and quite frankly, not ginos job or worry about what i do. so please look elsewhere for your whatever you are trying to do gino.. gets old.. you ont answer allegations, only toss accusations.. so be lost. Better for everyone really.

That ok?

Umm, well I'm going to break the rules on purpose to ask where the **** my post went?

I don't know what happened to this thread after I posted my question. But it was a valid question and I resent the fact that I don't know what response if any it recieved.

It was not an attack on either Matt or Gino, it was not offensive. Why is it gone?

Respectfully; it is not the job of the mods to delete posts because they think it doesnt fit in somehow etc.

If this thread was supposed to be sort of a prize fight between Matt and Gino "for all to watch" then I think that sort a thread is exactly the sort of stuff you Mods would like to keep off the forum, not make its own thread.

So if my question was discussed, commented on or sworn at, I have the right to hear those.

Modify the post, delete the swears whatever. But I dont appreciate having my posts go missing with no explaination.

It is not acceptable to have a thread between just two people. That is called a PM. B)

Although I'm a newb to Trooping. I've seen this before.

Reminds me of a self-proclaimed modeling expert named David Merriman... who self righteously announces his stuff is the best, and everyone else is a 'mere' modeler / scatchbuilder... all of whom are his customers btw.

Old noise. Have a blast peeps.

I am sick of this crap too. If you are gonna retire, retire..Go away. If you are gonna proclaim yourself God of all accurate helmets and charge $X,XXX.XX for them then go away too...

There are plenty of great helmets out there that look just as good if not better than yours. There are plenty of recasts that are half the price and look just as good too.

Just go away.....and stay away for all I care. Your selfishness and ego's have made you look terrible to everyone. Do this fight in PM's not in public. Your reputations already suck enough.

Umm, well I'm going to break the rules on purpose to ask where the **** my post went?

I don't know what happened to this thread after I posted my question. But it was a valid question and I resent the fact that I don't know what response if any it recieved.

It was not an attack on either Matt or Gino, it was not offensive. Why is it gone?

Respectfully; it is not the job of the mods to delete posts because they think it doesnt fit in somehow etc.

If this thread was supposed to be sort of a prize fight between Matt and Gino "for all to watch" then I think that sort a thread is exactly the sort of stuff you Mods would like to keep off the forum, not make its own thread.

So if my question was discussed, commented on or sworn at, I have the right to hear those.

Modify the post, delete the swears whatever. But I dont appreciate having my posts go missing with no explaination.

It is not acceptable to have a thread between just two people. That is called a PM. B)

Yes, it was bad of me to delete all posts including the inoffensive ones. Sorry those got caught in collatoral damage. The reality is that we did more moderating on these boards yesterday than we in the entire history of this forum combined. We try to stay on top of things, but us mods have real jobs that require real attention throughout the day, and we just don't have the time to babysit every thread.

Well, since "everyone's" doing it :P I'm going to repost something here.

I try to live by following some simple yet very helpful rules which I think can help all of us keep things enjoyable and constructive. I think we should all set a good example of the 501st and FISD here.

http://www.twth.org/video/player.html?vide...et_good_example

http://www.twth.org/video/player.html?videoId=be_competent

I very much respect both Gino and TE's freedom of speech, their right to have their opinions and know what they know. But I do think that it should really be discussed off line, as in using the PM system. The service that they both provide has been useful and needed - let's please leave it at that.

But as a group, lets also not tolerate uncivil behavior - you guys are like part of my extended family, and I want other people who sign up and come for advice on how to build the best TK in the galaxy, to enjoy their time here and feel welcome, just as I did.

And in terms of keeping things civil, I think these PSAs are quite relevant:

http://www.twth.org/video/player.html?videoId=seek_truth

http://www.twth.org/video/player.html?vide...hings_to_others

http://www.twth.org/video/player.html?vide...eat_others_like

Hmmm, it looks like my post was deleted too.

To summerise...

If someone has a history of producing, retiring, selling moulds,

then re-emerging, producing, retiring, selling moulds

Then doing it again

And again

You have to ask yourself whether this person is genuinely trustworthy in ANY transaction. Can anyone buying his "moulds" really believe that they are the original ones and not another knock-off set? Or is he given them the originals but making a new set for himself before he does this?

There's a hell of a lot of trust in these transactions that is clearly being abused, and as consumers you have to decide whether you want to risk your hard-earned earnings with someone with this pedigree!

Again just my 2c

Cheers

Jez

i think positive

while TE is doing this there would be a lot of great buckets from different makers available for us

the only thing i want to know is where i could buy things from maker who are using TE molds

so i don´t have to buy recasted things

i think positive

while TE is doing this there would be a lot of great buckets from different makers available for us

the only thing i want to know is where i could buy things from maker who are using TE molds

so i don´t have to buy recasted things

but....TE is a recast :huh:

but....TE is a recast :huh:

Yeah maybe.. BUT... At least I ponied the money for the originals and didn't steal them and try to offer helmets from second gen castings like some other members here.

Your opinion is noted Jez, not worth much, but noted. I frankly would trust someone that at first was AA spokes rep and instead of doing research to make absolutely sure of what he was helping to push, and then later changes his/her mind.. so right back at you there pal. So toss the rock if you like, but I can toss it harder, faster and much more accurately than you can.

TE

Matt,

I don’t think I would have called myself his “spokes rep”. If that’s the case then owning StarWarsHelmets.com has meant that over the past 5-6 years I’ve been the “spokes rep” for just about every helmet and armour maker out there, including yours (you just asked me to refer to them as “Anon” on my site so I did). If you check out “your” page on my site you will see that I could hardly be seen as negative towards the helmets and armour you have produced - suggesting I am not quite so impartial as you would suggest.

Like anyone I can only go on the information available to me at the time. If subsequently it proves to be incorrect then I update my site, and have done so for many sections including SDS’s. However the Jury’s out (almost literally)regarding the provenance of AA’s helmets so we’ll just have to wait and see. Whatever happens, my site will most certainly reflect the outcome.

However the difference between us is that it seems to many that you have milked this hobby for the past 10 years. It appears that a number of “irregular” agreements with others have gone very sour as following your “retirement” and re-entrance to the hobby, the disagreements with previous buyers ALWAYS seems to follow – as the mods have said….

It's not a secret (or shouldn't be) that you two have a dispute regarding two transactions: the selling and ownership of one set of molds and the lending and damage of another.

Add to this the “misunderstanding” with Mike V and your misuse of the scan of the SFS trooper helmet (again following yet another “retirement”) and together it paints a pretty clear picture of someone’s true motivation towards the hobby!

If you feel that pointing the finger at me will somehow deflect people’s attention on you then you are clearly mistaken.

Cheers

Jez

Jezz, I really dig your site. When I was looking for a set of armor I stumbled onto starwarshelmets.com and was amazed at all the detail and huge amount of photo's available. Hats off to you.

Matt. I think you have done great things for the props community bringing these helmets and armor out for everyone. All I meant by my comment is that it is what it is. To me there is no gray area when it comes to recasting. Just because you bought it does not mean it was ever yours to recast. That is a myth that has been created by prop guys to make the recasting of originals a legit practice. Now, having said that.... Do I think that you are a bad person for recasting the original helmet? No I dont. Do you care? No you dont, and I am not trying to say that you are wrong or right. We needed a great helmet cause FX sucks, and you delivered.

Now my opinion about you being recasted... EVERYONE GET THIER MARSHMELLOWS READY.....I dont see how you or any of the rest of the original trio can get upset that you are being recasted. Yes you spent money on the original, and SO did Lucas. The only reason that any of you guys are getting mad about being recasted is because its taking money away from you. Thats pretty clear. It has to be money, because its not about morals. If the helmets were worthless then you would have never gotten envolved in the first place I suspect. You would have MAYBE kept your original and locked it away somewhere safe. I dont think that its a bad thing that you have spent the last ten years cashing in on the molds, but you cant blame others for wanting to try it too. I think the only thing that keeps people from buying recasts is the quality usually sucks. in closing I guess I see no difference between you and anyone recasting you. To me its all good. :)

Now my opinion about you being recasted... EVERYONE GET THIER MARSHMELLOWS READY.....I dont see how you or any of the rest of the original trio can get upset that you are being recasted. Yes you spent money on the original, and SO did Lucas. The only reason that any of you guys are getting mad about being recasted is because its taking money away from you. Thats pretty clear. It has to be money, because its not about morals. If the helmets were worthless then you would have never gotten envolved in the first place I suspect. You would have MAYBE kept your original and locked it away somewhere safe. I dont think that its a bad thing that you have spent the last ten years cashing in on the molds, but you cant blame others for wanting to try it too. I think the only thing that keeps people from buying recasts is the quality usually sucks. in closing I guess I see no difference between you and anyone recasting you. To me its all good. :)

This kind of thinking is what holds us back from getting other 'cast from original' props... Why on earth would someone lay down money, only to let others profit from their loss. There has to be some incentive. Not everyone is as free sharing as ppl would like... Hell I wouldn't be, in that situation, either. Same situation applies for closely guarded prop info aswell. Why bother sharing, if its going to be exploited by others??

There has to be some sort of 'honor amongst thieves' otherwise the prop hobby would fall to bits.. Not only for the original cast props we have now, but also to insure others can be released in the future. Otherwise not only are we burning our own bridges.. we're making the strive for dead on accuracy an impossible task.

My thoughts

That is quite possibly the most important post ever made on this forum.

Those new to the hobby should take some careful time reading it.

It will benefit you more than you will ever know to understand this, especially if you plan on hanging around for any period of time. Honoring the above is what gains you trust in the community, and with that trust gains you access to other original stuff that you otherwise never would have even known about.

However, this issue isn't about recasting. It's about being truthful in regards to what you are selling people. I have a million issues with Matt, all of them completely valid. He is them most dishonorable person I've come across in this hobby, and I've been doing this since 1993. However the only time I really jump in and blow the whistle is when I see him deceiving people who just simply don't know better.

If you are buying a helmet or armor, you have the right to know exactly where it comes from, what generation it is, etc...

This was never about competition. People who think it is, really just don't understand the issues at hand. I do have faith in people in so much as that once they are aware of what has occurred over time, they don't see these internet spats as trivial as they seem to casual onlookers. Once they see the big picture, it all comes together for them.

People will buy what they want, I understand that. But at least by me speaking out, they can be informed before they make that choice.

In other words, if you plan on buying molds from this character, you should be aware to what he has done to other people in this very similar situation in the past. Do you think he will honor you, when he has not honored anyone else he's sold molds to in the past? This is important to be said so that someone doesn't get screwed over again,and again, and again...

All he cares about is your money, and will tell you anything you need to hear to get it from you.

Well here is a thought for the masses.

While I agree that recasting is wrong, I also believe it's illogical to for a prop maker to only make 10 or 15 of a prop ever and get upset when they are recast. If you have a lineage prop, and sell them at a premium price, make enough to satisfy the masses. Otherwise it's s kick in the balls to those who want the best props but get left out because they aren't on the right forum or don't check the forums/email every few hours.

Recasting is always going to happen and luckily most recasters turn out substandard work. But I also believe the limited offerings of top notch props is also partially to blame as well.

Well here is a thought for the masses.

While I agree that recasting is wrong, I also believe it's illogical to for a prop maker to only make 10 or 15 of a prop ever and get upset when they are recast. If you have a lineage prop, and sell them at a premium price, make enough to satisfy the masses. Otherwise it's s kick in the balls to those who want the best props but get left out because they aren't on the right forum or don't check the forums/email every few hours.

Recasting is always going to happen and luckily most recasters turn out substandard work. But I also believe the limited offerings of top notch props is also partially to blame as well.

Verta ha no claim an even said so himself... end of discussion.. nice try jez. You were the spokesperson for AA, you were all over the RPF answering the questions for people by taking them to him and providing the answers. So yes, you were.

gino and ave gielda stole my molds, did not honor his end of the agreement, purposefully ruined the actual cap and back master on purpose, and continues to lie, thwart and also lay false claims of ' the most accurate helmet'.. in addition he keeps trying to tell people he is an expert, but is nothing more than an expert thief and spinner of tall tales.

Nice try gino... keep shooting for the stars my man. Your jealousy keeps growing with each lie you tell. The crap that comes out of your mouth is about the same quality of your $850 too thin to wear an poorly assembled helmets.

See gino I can clearly admit I recast, but you wont admit to stealing, not honoring the original agreement that was made, tell people you purposefully ruined the molds or answer any and all accusations toward you or even a simple question. I do. Your moral compass is so far off its amazing you can find your way around. So dont try to go head to head with me. YOU WONT WIN. Why dont you tell everyone how you and dave tried to buy the SFS helmet for a paltry $5000.00 telling the owner that it wasnt worth more than that, and the fact he refused to deal with you two for the thievery of my first molds set?

And keep this in mind. My motivation is money huh? Prove it. I did try to retire MANY TIMES and had even sent money back to people. Only to get 30 -40 calls a DAY telling me people waited to get something, be cussed out and screamed at. So the PEOPLE would not let me go. So my motivation was money? nice try, again a shoot and a miss from you. You inability to use deductive reasoning in this situation is a true testament to your intelligence.

Again, no proof from you. just blah blah blah... Should I post the lawyers letters an potential lawsuit you and dave were about to be served with? How about your threats to me (which of course were laughable considering my Marine Corps background).. see YOU are the one that has issues, not me. You should be banned for your actions of theft, destruction of private property without making amends and also the threats you made..

Just letting you folks know about the real slim shady named gino.

TE

I will chime in here briefly to point out why these types of thread get "edited" so much, and we on the command staff get tired of these types of conversations.

Your opinion is noted Jez, not worth much, but noted. I frankly would trust someone that at first was AA spokes rep and instead of doing research to make absolutely sure of what he was helping to push, and then later changes his/her mind.. so right back at you there pal. So toss the rock if you like, but I can toss it harder, faster and much more accurately than you can.

TE

This is an example of plain old unnecessary posting. Matt, if you want to note Jez's comments fine, but then you have to follow up with the insults. You could have said the same thing, without making everyone (or almost everyone), mad as heck at you personally with a few words. An alternate could have been:

Your opinion is noted Jez. I frankly would trust someone that at first was AA spokes rep and instead of doing research to make absolutely sure of what he was helping to push, and then later changes his/her mind. Let me know if you disagree, or have other comments.

Now, if I was Jez, I would respect your products AND you with this. I'm not saying we have to be rainbows and sunshine, but does this discussion always have to become a mud-slinging competition between 12 year olds? Most of us are much older than that, but you would not know it by reading this dribble.

Please continue.

:trooper:

Adding to Scott and Gino - this thread is important from a historical helmet referencing perspective.

However, any rude and unnecessary comments will be mod and/or deleted. Repeat, no BASHING. History and understanding is important for this site, so keep the comments free from the unnecessary. Clear?

I will chime in here briefly to point out why these types of thread get "edited" so much, and we on the command staff get tired of these types of conversations.

This is an example of plain old unnecessary posting. Matt, if you want to note Jez's comments fine, but then you have to follow up with the insults. You could have said the same thing, without making everyone (or almost everyone), mad as heck at you personally with a few words. An alternate could have been:

Now, if I was Jez, I would respect your products AND you with this. I'm not saying we have to be rainbows and sunshine, but does this discussion always have to become a mud-slinging competition between 12 year olds? Most of us are much older than that, but you would not know it by reading this dribble.

Please continue.

:trooper:

If he could PROVE something before he opens his garb, then sure I can let it go. But since they dont provide proof of anything, just a baseless accusation, I provide a sarcastic truthful response on my end.

Its up to them. Mods have done nothing to stop this by providing proof, only one opinions and jealousy are offered up here.

Again, up to them.

TE

This kind of thinking is what holds us back from getting other 'cast from original' props... Why on earth would someone lay down money, only to let others profit from their loss. There has to be some incentive. Not everyone is as free sharing as ppl would like... Hell I wouldn't be, in that situation, either. Same situation applies for closely guarded prop info aswell. Why bother sharing, if its going to be exploited by others??

There has to be some sort of 'honor amongst thieves' otherwise the prop hobby would fall to bits.. Not only for the original cast props we have now, but also to insure others can be released in the future. Otherwise not only are we burning our own bridges.. we're making the strive for dead on accuracy an impossible task.

My thoughts

The answer my friend is GREED. Prop builders/collectors buy originals and have already considered recasting them to sell. Those people who dont recast the original are the saints. But I think most of these guys are sinners. I can see why they would want to cash in on the SW legacy. But to get upset when someone else does it to them? You made your bed, now go lie in in. They created their own problem by stealing in the first place, see? Honor among thieves? What is this, Pirates of the caribbean? Thieves cant be trusted even among themselves as you can clearly see here... To comment on your closing statement.... There will never be a shortage of prop collectors looking to cash in on their investment and they will continue to steal from the originals to make money off of them. To think that everyone will stop offering up stolen recasts from originals because they are being recast is rather foolish in my opinion.

After having said all that, I would like to tell Gino and Matt that I appreciate their contribution to our hobby. They are both very talented people and I think we all appreciate the lineage as much as they do. If it wasnt for Matt, we wouldnt have anything right now........See Matt, its all your fault!!!! LOL Just kidding...Thank you guys for bringing us closer to screen accuracy.

Yeah, I'll echo that thought. If it weren't for people making armor we'd all be SOL. Very, very few have the time & talent to make molds from scratch and pull their own kit.

You may not like someone's business practices, but if it weren't for hobby armor makers what would we be left with? MR? Rubies? I don't think any of us believe the licensed stuff out there is in any way comparable to fan made. And don't even think of bringing up MR clone helmets.