HWTpack videogame version ... suggestions?

I was gathering parts to see what kind of variation would run for a videogame style

pack.

here's a few photos of my stuff so far.

HWTvgpack 001.jpg

HWTvgpack 002.jpg

here's the original one thanks to vincent!

back.jpg

here's a couple more photos showing some variation and added cases.

HWTvgpack 003.jpg

HWTvgpack 004.jpg

HWTvgpack.jpg

it's going to be tough, because the more I look at it, I'm just going to have

to scratch build it from the most basic shapes.

it's a military style frame flipped upside down: this allows for it to have a square top, and the bottom curves out for the

thermal detonator to fit below it.

two plastic containers as a starting point for modeling foam and other stuff.

some example PVC pipes, in different sizes, and I'm just now getting ready to figure out what elements I'm going to

put on, and what I'm not going to have.

does anyone have any photographic suggestions for parts that would replicate the video game style pack

as closely as possible, without it looking like plumbing parts, or such...

I'm looking for ideas here... and I'll be sharing my thoughts here in this thread.

so cmon troops... give me your interpretation of the video game pack here!

post photos and help me decide which way to go...

it's a team effort

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I have seen all of those, and while they are all great packs... I'm looking for the video game look specifically!

you really do great work there john. I've spoken with you before.

when I look at more screencaps I see more dimension to the parts I'm looking to replicate!

out of the many screen caps, and variations I see on the video game stuff,

this photo looks to be the closest to the variation I'm looking at:

HWT005.jpg

with this awesome texture:

tex_imp_inf_trooper_pack2.jpg

as you can see, the texture element is missing some of the mapped details.

but I can see one blue container, a modified radio section, a tower looking thing with angles

a box with horizontal vents, a few small boxes with details on them.

lot's of little details not seen so far on any replica or variant pack.

the textures do show a lot of details that do not show up in the 3d renders. if i can find more. i will post em up ;) it is tedious work to do through the thousands of texture files to find the right ones...

I have to say that I've seen some of the variations here that come from different games, in the screenshots for the HWT.

the cannon, and pack are the details that I'm looking for.

when I look at the screen shot for BFII on the playstation 2, that seems to be the version I want.

the other versions seem to be from SWgalaxies, BFII on the xbox and such.

subtle variations exist in print, and on the different platforms.

BFII on the PSII is the version I'm used to seeing!

there are lot's of details on this one:

HWT005.jpg

by putting together, the texture, the rendering in the model viewer, and this 3/4 view from the top, there's

lots of details that seem to be missing from the base texture file you've posted in it's un mapped version...

Wow...there is alot of detail in there. I would love to give it a shot. I may have to make one as a side project, just to see how it would turn out. Looks like alot of tedious detail work. May look at doing some of the more detailed pieces/sections in wood.

We'll see.

Is it just me, or does that texture pic contain the shoulder pauldron (top right) and ammo pouches (bottom right) ?

Also, just for courtesy, here's a couple of (trimmed) hi-def BFII screens from PC. They might be a little clearer than PS2 screencaps (and I think the pack is the same).

post-14338-0-68394100-1295004319_thumb.jpg

post-14338-0-26868200-1295004411_thumb.jpg

Hey Vern, if you're going to do the video game version - and especially if you plan on applying for Expert Infantry - the pack will need to be a single box construction, as opposed to the dual seed tray construction of an ANH TD pack.

Actually EI HWT allows for standard dual-tray packs. If it passes MEPD Police Officer standards, it's HWT OK. Now, if you want to use a game model, then oh yeah, it better be one box.

Kind of like this one....

AJsStudentoftheMonthAward1-2011036.jpg

AJsStudentoftheMonthAward1-2011040.jpg

AJsStudentoftheMonthAward1-2011037.jpg

This is my latest build for a fellow FISD member I will not name (I will let him chime in if he wants to)

This is a single base pack with the general layout of the game pack. Took a few liberties with the antenna(removable for EIB application) and the LED ring/speaker on the radio box.

Wow, that's reeeeeeally close. Just the radio details that are really different, and the filter is shorter (though I think it looks better at the length you did). Truly great work!

The radio dials were done a bit different because the Trooper who ordered this really liked the LED ring I did on some of my other builds. The radio in the game screen shot has no visible speaker and the twin dials are lower on the box. I placed them up higher and the speaker grill/LED ring low similiar to a TD Sonix radio.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Kind of like this one....

AJsStudentoftheMonthAward1-2011036.jpg

AJsStudentoftheMonthAward1-2011040.jpg

AJsStudentoftheMonthAward1-2011037.jpg

This is my latest build for a fellow FISD member I will not name (I will let him chime in if he wants to)

This is a single base pack with the general layout of the game pack. Took a few liberties with the antenna(removable for EIB application) and the LED ring/speaker on the radio box.

that looks really cool are they hard to make ???

your packs are nice and all... but what I guess I'd really like to see

is a huge foam pack sculpted for the game version style

and really really light.

I'd like to see a pack that weighs less than 5 lbs.

it would not have any compartments to open,

completely non functional. no doors or extra weight.

it would really be nice to get the frame, and thermos parts

from a pack maker, and I'd have a go at sculpting some stuff

up, and making a foam pack.

how would we work up the dimensions of the pack from the render

what scale would we use?

I would think maybe scaling based on the helmet. As a secondary comparison, I would assume the TKs should be 5'7"-5'10" (I'm sure that was the height range of TKs in the film).

I'll try and do some scaling with some of my ultra hi-def screens for you, we can play with numbers, it'll be fun.

Hey Vern, I've been looking REALLY closely (and counting pixels), and I think the dimensions for the main base/body section of the pack should be 15"w/18"l/5"d.

At that size, it would be easy to fit an O2 can underneath (especially if you made a half-round one ;) ).

I'm in the middle of making up a massive series of illustrated observations on this, with loads of measurements and diagrams... I can either start my own thread or I can spam this one up with them- if you don't object.