my HWT

tk8428

Well, every garrison is different. I know in ours unless it's a canon event we can troop in unapproved costumes (e.g. like trooping a book store or comic store). It's a great way for people to get the kinks out of their kits and as long as they are pretty close no one sweats it. Then again, we also aren't as anal about helmets on either (e.g. do your best effort but not if you're about to pass out or taking a lunch break), so take it FWIW.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, every garrison is different. I know in ours unless it's a canon event we can troop in unapproved costumes (e.g. like trooping a book store or comic store). It's a great way for people to get the kinks out of their kits and as long as they are pretty close no one sweats it. Then again, we also aren't as anal about helmets on either (e.g. do your best effort but not if you're about to pass out or taking a lunch break), so take it FWIW.

Ā 

UKG only do canon events mate, thats the problem. Every troop is dealt with as if Lucas himself is about to walk through the door. B)

Makes for very high standards, but can sometimes lead to situations like this.

As for lids: we have, as many already know, a lids on at all times infront of the public. Its made a little more workable as we ensure that EVERY event we attend is due to invitation and that we are provided with secure changing / lids off facilities out of the public eye. But thats for another discussion. ;)

Hey Blaine, check your topic titled "HWT clearence pictures" . Look at post #6: --------

Ā 

I just posted some pix and info over there that may help you out. I think that it is clear and should be in your favor.

Ā 

Hope they help ya, if I find more I will post them ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well just sold my pride and joy a gorgeous hyperfirm T21 as my garrison wont let me troop as a HWT with it !!

Ā 

still cant decide whether to build a bazooka to make them happy or may even go Incinerator Trooper!

Ā 

but i know they'll want a damn flamethrower then :angry:

Still surprised that the GML could overturn an LMO ruling - technically the LMO sets standards, and the GML acts under that direction.

Ā 

Well, perhaps next year a new GCO may have a different opinion. In the meantime, that flamethrower is outstanding and there's now way they can say no to that.

Still surprised that the GML could overturn an LMO ruling - technically the LMO sets standards, and the GML acts under that direction.

Ā 

Well, perhaps next year a new GCO may have a different opinion. In the meantime, that flamethrower is outstanding and there's now way they can say no to that.

Ā 

i Know that and i respect that we have a chain of command just as i respect the high standards of the UK Garrison afte all it's why i joined but... i was under the impression ( correct me if i'm wrong please) that EU costumes were just passed on to the LMO for decision by the local GML!

Ā 

if this is true then the Local GML has to abide by the LMO ( i understand that we need high quality and wouldnt complain if i'd tried to pass off a second rate costume.)but it wasn't :angry:

The UK GML should not be doing that, and is proving what a top notch a-hole he is.

Ā 

:duim: it seems to me that he may possibly have a personal dislike EU stormtroopers in general, and is making the standards for approval ridiculously higher to discourage people from attempting type of build.

:duim: it seems to me that he may possibly have a personal dislike EU stormtroopers in general, and is making the standards for approval ridiculously higher to discourage people from attempting type of build.

Ā 

Ā 

Considering he was one of the UKG's pioneers for EU costuming I find that highly unlikely. :angry:

Considering he was one of the UKG's pioneers for EU costuming I find that highly unlikely. :angry:

Ā 

Agreed. I think the issue is not the GML, just that the rules aren't clearly spelled out. If the GML can overrule the LMO, fine then so be it. If not, then problem equally solved. It's the ambiguity that is the issue, not the GML.

:blink: well i do not pretend to know the reasoning by any means... i am just seeing the end result, witch is somebody being discouraged from trooping/ and building by unreasonable changes being made to the set standards

ok to clarify my point i am not saying anyone person is at fault.

Ā 

i agree we need high standards but i aslo want the command structure is to be upheld eg: surely if the LMO says that would be ok then the GML has to abide or challenge the LMO directly. not just tell the member no sorry.

Ā 

surely there should be communication between the LMO and GML as i understood the EU costumes are supposed to be passed up to the LMO for clearance.

Ā 

if the GML has a valid point then the LMO can change the CRL requirements..

Ā 

use the chain of command guys B)

ok to clarify my point i am not saying anyone person is at fault.

Ā 

i agree we need high standards but i aslo want the command structure is to be upheld eg: surely if the LMO says that would be ok then the GML has to abide or challenge the LMO directly. not just tell the member no sorry.

Ā 

Ā 

That would mean all TK's can troop with black tube stripes and ab buttons then? ;):P

Ā 

Just to play Devils advocate.

Yes, that is my understanding, and hence my confusion as to why the UK GML seems able to override the LMO when other GML's cannot.

For EU stuff, the GML applies to the LMO for approval. If the GML never actually asks the LMO for approval, then the LMO has no say in the matter.

Ā 

Blaine, did you apply directly to Thomas, or was it through your GML?

Sometimes you can go outside the box ;)

Edited by davej

For EU stuff, the GML applies to the LMO for approval. If the GML never actually asks the LMO for approval, then the LMO has no say in the matter.

Ā 

Blaine, did you apply directly to Thomas, or was it through your GML?

Sometimes you can go outside the box ;)

apparently thr gml never sends it up to the lmo.

Ā 

the lmo has seen the costume and said ok but my garrison still said no therefore i would not be able to troop in said costume..

apparently thr gml never sends it up to the lmo.

Ā 

the lmo has seen the costume and said ok but my garrison still said no therefore i would not be able to troop in said costume..

Ā 

Thought so. As a Garrison Co, I get to see all the EU applications that the GML's send to Thomas. Never saw yours :( If your GML never puts it up, then the costume doesn't exist.

Bugger :(

i've pretty much given up!! i cant be bothered with the hassle

Ā 

as long as i only want to troop as a standard tk i'll have no problems which from now on is all i'll do. .

Ā 

Ā 

when i question stuff i just get told but you shouldnt aim for just passing the crl'l you should aim to be the best. but a pass is still a pass ....

Ā 

i agree in a way but once i was cleared i could work on making it the best not every one has unlimited funds or time i'd like to troop in a costume not spend 3 years building it then get told no anyway :huh:

why not make up a cannon, and troop with it?

Ā 

I'm in this same decision process with the HWT, and I've opted to make a

cannon, and go with that.

Ā 

I'm even going for the video game variant of the pack.

lot's of details different from a sandy pack, that's fur sure!

Ā 

hopefully you can resolve this!

Ā 

nice job on the armor...

• 1 month later...

yeah i could build the bazooka but why?? its no fun here anymore no one would know what a heavy weapons trooper is anyway..

so i have made a sad decision to stop trooping..

Ā 

i'm looking at a non 501st group but dont know if i can be bothered so may well just sell my commander and tk and have fun with something else ... :(

Edited by tk8428

Blaine, I hate to hear that something that has given you joy is no longer fun for you. If I may give you a bit of advice, take a deep breath, take some time off, let the wounds heal and don't do something that you may regret. Don't get rid of your stuff, just take a small vacation from this. The problem with you HWT may change in the future, you never know. Just don't burn any bridges.

Ā 

If you need anybody, we are here for you. :salute: