• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Refer them to this page with states that a T21 is acceptable:

HWT CRL

Ā 

My gun is not a bazooka, and I got 501st HWT clearance with it.

Ā 

i was told the UK garrison will not pass it without a bazooka as otherwise it's just a clean sandy!!

Ā 

i'm gutted. i have tried showing them the crl's but they say that they are just guide lines and the final decision is down to the garrison GML!!

i was told the UK garrison will not pass it without a bazooka as otherwise it's just a clean sandy!!

Ā 

i'm gutted. i have tried showing them the crl's but they say that they are just guide lines and the final decision is down to the garrison GML!!

Ā 

Not sure they can do that. Thomas (LMO) has final say in all EU characters, not your GML.

Not sure they can do that. Thomas (LMO) has final say in all EU characters, not your GML.

Ā 

Ā 

try telling my GML that lol i have been told that they have final say!

Ā 

and as soon as i have a bazooka they'll clear it

And I replied. Well if he's got an issue then it's between him & Thomas (LMO). I stated the facts as I see them and the ball is now in their court.

And I replied. Well if he's got an issue then it's between him & Thomas (LMO). I stated the facts as I see them and the ball is now in their court.

Ā 

Ā 

i saw your reply mate thanks :D

Edited by tk8428

I cannot accept this into the UKG at the moment. As said you will need 3 references for any EU costume. This has bee the rule from day 1.

Ā 

Also the limited refs always show HWT with a bazooka, a HWT with a T21 does not exist as far as I am aware. Giving a HWT is like giving a Clone Trooper an E-11 or Boba Fett a droid blaster.

Ā 

Just because other garrisons have allowed this rule to slip doesnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t mean to say I will. Our standards are the highest in quality and accuracy and I canĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t and wonĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t be the one to allow them to slip.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I am sorry mate, I understand it must be frustrating.

Ā 

I am going to email Thomas myself and get to the bottom of all this I would like to know why HWTs are in other Garrisons and why they are allowed to troop with the wrong weapons

Ā 

Ā 

this sucks big time !!!! it's rules like this that make me wonder why i do this you follow the crls' but thats not good enough :angry:

Edited by tk8428

Well, as the email says this is really between the LMO & the UKG GML.

Ā 

Your GML says it himself - he holds the UKG to higher standards than the rest of the Legion. To be honest I have no idea how far this can go, and to what latitudes GML's can allow variances.

Ā 

Perhaps it's best to post on the Legion boards, as it would be interesting to hear from the LC & other GML's why one costume would be held to a different standard than others.

Ā 

To wit: TIE Pilots troop with weapons all the time, yet there is no film showing them doing so. Same goes with Officers who seem happy to wear what ever side arm they want though only the gantry officer is so shown, and that's with a Power5 and not any other type of blaster.

Ā 

Again, it all comes back to who has more authority, the LMO or the GML.

i baffles me too i have to talk to the uk garrison Co and he said we'll sort something out but the bottom line seems to be we can sort it out as long as i make a bazooka or go sandy?

Ā 

but i'll post the results up on here, in my opinion ( and thats all it is)

the 501st LMO should have authority over garrison GML's after all who's in charge.

Ā 

i agree with having high standards and it's not as if i'm using cheap or poor equipment! but if i knocked together a bit of soil pipe with a box on the end that would be clearable.. suerly its better to have a decent weapon than a bit of odd looking pipe!

Ā 

but who am i to say these things :huh:

i have been told over the weekend that it makes no difference what the CRL's say my gml WILL NOT pass it without a bazooka.

Ā 

even tho every other memeber i have spoken too thinks it sucks!!

Ā 

i have to ring my CO and try to resolve this as they don't want to lose the HWT, but i have to build a bazooka, which i will not be building as i spent a fortune on a hyperfirm T21 to do this costume properly..

Ā 

it saddens me but i'm coming to accept that i will never troop as a HWT with the uk Garrison..

Ā 

and had an email over the weekend from the LMO ( see below)

Ā 

Dang it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now I am at work, but I feel obliged to knock-off to reply to this.

Ā 

Ā 

Detachments don't set 501st standards. Garrison Membership Officers don't set 501st standards.

That's the role of the LMO. I don't do it alone, I work heavily with the detachments and other experts to make standards and policy that balance accuracy, a solid looking costume--because some accurate details look ridiculous reproduced--and fun.

Ā 

Ā 

501st HWT=Stormtrooper + pauldron + backpack. In other words, a clean sandtrooper.

Ā 

Ā 

All the HWT serves as is a distinction between TD armour with a backpack and paldron and clean TK armour with a backpack and pauldron.

Ā 

Ā 

Presence or absence of drop boxes, the number and diametre specs--I leave in the capable hands of FISD.

Ā 

Ā 

Following secure event policy where hand weapons are prohibited, blasters and other weapons are costume accessories=not required. (Personally, I think costume pride alone would mandate a fellow get the appropriate accessories during their costume career.)

Ā 

Ā 

We are not giving a member another costume when we click HWT on their profile. We are celebrating the addition of a back pack and pauldron, and some hard to find ammo pouches. For what that is worth. We don't do this sort of thing--make a new subcategory for the addition of basic accessories--for many other costumes, it is true. The HWT is really a product of 501st naming convention. If I had my drothers I would throw out TX and TD and make them all TK with subcategory names for distinction. Same for Clones. But I don't think that would go over well.

Ā 

Ā 

In the end, the so called HWT is not really an EU costume. It is just classified as such in reverence of the fine work of the MEPD, not to step on their toes as it were.

Ā 

Ā 

T-21 is a fine gun for a TK with a back pack. Let's not make this a big issue. Get a handsome shot and call him a HWT.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Be well,

Thomas

Blaine,

Just because your GML won't give you official 501st clearance as a HWT, doesn't mean you can't get suited up as one and troop events! In fact, I'd encourage you to troop as a HWT because your fellow garrison members will see how awesome it looks and you'll gain more support on your side. You'll be able to get your garrison members support in letting your GML know how immature he is being.

As I said several times, this is really an issue of who sets standards, and in this case Thomas (LMO) is stating that he trumps the GMLs.

Ā 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out at the Legion level - it's the first time I've seen a GML being told he was too picky rather than not picky enough.

hi guys

thanks for the support

Ā 

but trooping in an uncleared costume is too risky i'd never get away with it we are never allowed anything other than canon stuff

Ā 

my thread on our forum has been locked and moved to prevent further input from members.

Ā 

i have had a PM from our co today, and have been asked to contact him about why they are saying what they are,

Ā 

i dont want to make this personal or petty but i'm not backing down i have said i'd rather split the costume and build something else..

Ā