My First Big Brown Box

My first set of armor, it's a TM Stunt kit. I plan on following Stukatrooper's build, and working with my local garrison for help too. And here are the pics, which is the reason your looking at this thread anyway :lol:

The mailmen must not like these boxes very much, good thing Paul uses lots of bubble wrap. No cracks or problems with the armor.

armor001.jpg

armor002.jpg

armor005.jpg

armor003.jpg

armor004.jpg

armor.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya gotta love them big brown boxes :D Have fun Jim...

And don't forget to post pix of your build!

Staring, drooling, anxious to start working on it, but scared to mess it up.

Hi Jim , I was like that at first thinking oh my god i dont want to mess this up , but if you follow Peter ( stukatroopers) TM tutorial you will be ok and just keep asking here and iam sure we will be able to help , any hows good luck with the build and lots of pics :D

First trim of the first piece. I trimmed it, then trimmed it again, and tried to smooth it out. It's still kinda rough. Should I sand it smooth on the edge, or what? Is this how it should look. Left forearm btw. I heard the forearms are the easiest place to start.

armor006.jpg

armor007.jpg

armor008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is all I've accomplished thus far,

armor010.jpg

armor011.jpg

Does it all look like it should?

So, next part is trimming the sides of the arms, so I can put them together. As I understand the coverstrip should be 15mil across, so from the edge (green line) I measure about 8mil, and trim there (red line), right? Just making sure before I cut, because I can't undo it.

armor009-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've made a lot of progress, and trying to start working on fitting, but I'm unsure how it's supposed to fit, so I'm trying to get an armor party in my local garrison area. I'm also trying to decide if I want to paint the inside of the helmet or not. There are a lot of threads about it, but I'm still not sure if I should or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some pictures to share of my progress!

Trimmed, waiting for the rest to be ready

armor017.jpg

armor018.jpg

Trimmed, fitted, ready for glueing

armor019.jpg

Mostly trimmed, waiting for help fitting

armor020.jpg

Not yet started

armor021.jpg

Trying this by myself was not nearly as easy as it would have been with help. Shoulders kept falling off, and it took what felt like 5 minutes to pick each one up. Camera ran out of batteries right before I took the photos. I attempted to get up the stairs, but fell apart 3/4th of the way up. Retapped everything, and it stayed together long enough for a few pictures, the shin fell off during the 3rd, and it's impossible to put the shin back on, without taking everything else off. But it was well worth the hassle! :lol:

armor014.jpg

armor015.jpg

armor016.jpg

With free time currently hard to come by, I'm just piecing away at it. Currently the Thermal Detonator, I'm happy with the end caps, but I'm not sure where to trim the control panel at.

armor025.jpg

armor022.jpg

armor023.jpg

armor024.jpg

Where do I need to trim this piece at?

Edited by SapaWanmdi

I believe someone said 5-7 inches wide is good. I also think mine is somewhere around that wide. It all depends on how deep your end caps go, and how much grey you want to show between the control panel and the end caps.

Edited by Locitus

Jim,

The panel should be 115mm wide. Leave 10mm past the end of the ribbed strip on the right hand side and measure from there.

Hell, you made me measure mine! It was 130 mm...

Jim, go with what Troopermaster says :)