Pyro's INC build[*ATA]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as your 501st application.. well, you need to submit the photos to your GML, he will then forward them to the LMO as it is a EU costume.. it will be up to the LMO who will use the game references as a guide for approval... it is also takes a bit longer to get approved sometimes when going EU ;)

I have submited it to my GML and he texted me and posted on our garrison boards that the only thing he saw that concerned him was the pauldron

he is asking around to see if it is the right size and if it meets the crl requirments

Hey Jarred,

I am with everyone on the paint chips. If you want to give it a little scratch and scoring, just take something like steel wool or a Brillo pad and scuff it up to give the red a little bit of battle wear.

One other thing that I noticed was that your Co2/Thermal Detonator endcaps are a bit too long. The total length of Co2/Thermal Detonator should be 7 1/2". Trim the caps just a little bit and it should look better. Take a look at the little diagram that I made:

CO2-1.jpg

Hey Jarred,

I am with everyone on the paint chips. If you want to give it a little scratch and scoring, just take something like steel wool or a Brillo pad and scuff it up to give the red a little bit of battle wear.

One other thing that I noticed was that your Co2/Thermal Detonator endcaps are a bit too long. The total length of Co2/Thermal Detonator should be 7 1/2". Trim the caps just a little bit and it should look better. Take a look at the little diagram that I made:

CO2-1.jpg

sorry to go OT, but I love how that guys suit in your 'action figure' reference looks just like an action figure :lol:

ok now, back to topic :P

Edited by seantrooper

could you just paint over them with white? and re color them using a bit less paint? i dont think it is the actual button size that is off, because ATA is screen accurate in that respect. looking at your pics it seems to me that you just used too much paint.. worth a try, and it will save you a few bucks!

Actually both the CRL (http://www.501st.com/crl/TK_CRL/140_Stormtrooper_ICN/index140.php) and the EI state that they should follow ROTJ, e.g.

EI

* Ab plate will be be 3 dark blue and the rest black, unlike the ANH/ESB coloration. The three dark blue will be the three buttons closest to the belt.

CRL

* The ab plate has a button area that matches the color pattern shown (3 blue + 6 black); buttons are approximately 7/16" in diameter and inverted compared to what is seen in A New Hope,

I think for 501st either all black or ROTJ blue/black would be fine, no?

• 1 month later...

Here is what my GML told me I need to do to get approved

1. Either purchase or make a correct, stiff version of the red pauldron.

2. Blacken the blue buttons, they should all be black. Ref pics indicate 5 buttons but 4 is ok

3. Make the buttons smaller (per my recommendation). They are far too large

4. Correct the weathering on the red painted areas. I've included a pic that someone photoshopped to show you an example of what he is talking about. I've also included the pic you sent me so that you can compare them. (Just ignore the different shaded red spots in the photoshopped picture and look at the corrected weathering only) 

It was mentioned by another member that your weathering in the red painted areas looked too "leopard like" (as in like spots on a leopard). So try to avoid that effect on the second attempt ok? :)

Optional things that I noticed but not required:

1. Stripe on the chest should stop lower beneath the pauldron

2. Armor needs more scuffing/weathering..not too much though.

3. Boots are a bit too clean. (Again, don't go too crazy and make them too weathered if you decide to do them)

I have the helmet done and currently working on painting the rest of the weathering red as stated above

I think that's easily done

I got the legs and arms done aswell today next up is the AB buttons and the red details on the chest then all I have to do is get or buy a new pauldron

I don't know why I need a regular pauldron as the Inc has a modded one?

I don't know why I need a regular pauldron as the Inc has a modded one?

That's an LMO call. Honestly I think the custom pauldron is fine but he's the boss. You can always push for an appeal through your GML.

Thanks I think if I lengthen the arm strap it should fix it

Oh are still selling flamethrowers? When my tax refund comes in I would like to buy one if they are still available