Rick330's dual TrooperMaster TM build[*TM]

Nut I'm sorry to inform you that the tube stripes are on the wrong side, you should swap them L/R.

OK, I've done that now and replaced all the photos with photos with the tube stripes on the correct sides.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! Sorry, Pablo. I initially thought you were joking and theat the two sets of stripes are identical. Looking at them again, it seems they're not. I have indeed now swapped them so they are as displayed on Mike's site.

Good eye, P! :D

Thus ...

ESB3.jpg

ESB4.jpg

Edited by Rick330

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing some more work on my armour, trying to perfect the fit.

I trimmed more material from the sides of abdomen, made some adjustments to the back plate to raise it some more. It still could be a touch higher but in general I think the all-round fit is now much improved.

I'm almost there ("stay on target!"). :D

Took some photos with the helmet this time too ...

DSCF9423a.jpg

DSCF9426a.jpg

DSCF9427a.jpg

DSCF9430a.jpg

DSCF9432a.jpg

DSCF9436a.jpg

DSCF9437q.jpg

DSCF9440a.jpg

Much better! You look great!

The helmet is SPOT ON.

If you try these you'll gain some additional perceived height:

-put a foam ring around the neck and under the shoulder straps

-put a piece of foam inside the top of the shoulder bells to make them sit higher too

-put extra padding inside the top of the helmet to make it sit higher too

173243d1262995828-back-pack-report-borat-very-nice.jpg

Edited by TKDUEUNO

Thanks! It's been fun.

looks spot on to me mate, great work on your build , Richard are they TK boots you have ! , i have just got a pair need to do a serious troop in them yet to test them out . do you have any trouble with the top back of the boots popping out !.

Cheers

Steve

Richard are they TK boots you have ! , i have just got a pair need to do a serious troop in them yet to test them out . do you have any trouble with the top back of the boots popping out !.

Yeah, they're TK boots. They are really, really comfortable - super soft leather - and will do the trick all in all but, yes, the only slight downside is that they fit a little loose round the ankle. As a result, it takes some jiggling to get the back of your shins properly in place. And then they pop open a bit when you walk round. No big deal but I have been thinking about maybe taping up my ankles before I put the shin armour on.

Thanks, chaps! I'm just a holster away from clearance and an EIB application thread.

Get it done Richard! :D

Looking really good there, Rick!

I'm 1,73, so just about the same height as you guys, and I got the chest and back to fit quite well, also by shortening the "bridge" pieces on the back and making the front and back meet, rather than having a gap between them (had to heat and bend the back bridges a little so they would mate well with the chest and follow my shoulders).

tmfront.jpg

tmback.jpg

You can get it to look pretty much like the TKs on screen, even with a few centimeters short of the ideal TK height ;)

Edited by R2Dan

Thanks for the comments, guys. Compliments from the German Garrison's best dressed are really very big compliments.

Dan, I'll keep adjusting the back plate. I think I'm just a haf a centimetre from the ideal height. Your photos show that it's possible. In fact a little heat and readjusting that curve might just do it.

Grüß den Ruhrpott (meine zweite Heimat) für mich!

Edited by Rick330

Dan, that's the proportion a stormtrooper should fit.

Damm..i have to long legs for this stunning look.I'm 10 cm too tall.( 183 cm)

Edited by Turrican

I could use like 5 cm more actually, just to get a little more space between the leg parts, but thanks for the compliment mate! However, it's your fault I got my TM, so you can't look that bad in armour really ;)

• 4 weeks later...

This photo of me from the weekend caught my eye and prompted me to re-tackle my thighs.

thighs.jpg

I'd had a niggling doubt in my mind since I'd put them together that maybe I'd left them a bit too "roomy". This picture made my mind up.

So I took off the finishing strips from the back of the thighs and opened up the seam again. I cut out around 20mm (the width of the finishing strip) on each and put them back together again. It seems to have got rid of the extra gap and my thighs sit nice and snug now.

I also think I'm addicted to buildign armour too. It was so much fun to crack open the plastic weld and E6000 and have something to do again! :lol:

More photos as soon as I get my holster and suit up for clearance/EIB photos.

This photo of me from the weekend caught my eye and prompted me to re-tackle my thighs.

I'd had a niggling doubt in my mind since I'd put them together that maybe I'd left them a bit too "roomy". This picture made my mind up.

So I took off the finishing strips from the back of the thighs and opened up the seam again. I cut out around 20mm (the width of the finishing strip) on each and put them back together again. It seems to have got rid of the extra gap and my thighs sit nice and snug now.

I did the EXACT same thing with mine :P

I did the EXACT same thing with mine :P

I'm in good company then. All your tips for fitting my armour to my stature have been spot-on so far. B)