A banned member:banned for many reasons (gino)

WWIIREBEL

:unsure: I've read alot about this guy Gino on many a topic here. being a newby i have no beef with this guy,but i can understand why people are or are not fond of him as well,(i see both sides of the coin but stay neutral) . Aparently however he seems to have had a change of heart with apologies of sorts,so to speak as he is offering up new V2 helmet kits to the masses now , claiming he never offered anything to the members of the 501st,members of this or any other boards except close friends,etc out of fear of recasters. Seems he's trying to regain the trust of the people

i guess, but who knows.I just thought i'd inform the group if anyone else has not seen his post on MEPD this morning.Think these intentions might be genuine :unsure::blink:???.

I saw that post too, but I think the price is insane. Is there anything better with his helmet than the AP helmet that justifies a double price?

Ya know?. I have to agree with you.Lol, know that i look at it......it looks alot like the one that M.O.T. was hawking on ebay not too long ago

I saw that post too, but I think the price is insane. Is there anything better with his helmet than the AP helmet that justifies a double price?

Ā 

Ā 

Just about everything.

Ā 

And I say that as no fan of Gino's believe me.

This is the post over on the MEPD if your not a member there and cant read it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hey everybody.

Ā 

In the past I have never sold any helmet kits EVER.

I also did not sell them to 501st members or people I did not know.

I realize this generated a lot of hurt feelings.

I have decided to try something new.

I am going to allow ANYONE to buy V2 helmet kits from me.

I am hoping that by me taking the first step in placing faith in the community, that they will return it to me.

It is a big risk on my part, but I'm tired of the way things are and it doesn't have to be this way.

I really want to be able to share these pieces with other people as they really are fantastic, but have been so afraid to do so because of recasters.

By me doing it now, I really hope that the community will honor me, in the same way that I've decided to give them a chance.

I have been banned from the FISD, but I know there would be a lot of guys over there who might love the chance to get one of these. I would love it if you could help me get the word out to them so that they have a chance as well.

Unlike other people I've read stories about, I can assure you that my pieces ship immediately, are well packed, and each piece is perfect. Any parts less than perfect get destroyed.

Ā 

This is the only time I've ever sold anything in kit form and these are a fraction of the cost of what one of my finished helmets cost in the past.

Ā 

They do not come with accessories, only the white plastic pieces trimmed.

You can easily find the accessories as there are many people out there offering them. Unfortunately just not me. If you need help with this, just ask around here, FISD, or the RPF and someone will surely help you out.

Ā 

These V2 helmets are made out of .060 high gloss styrene and are super sharp. Unlike the past V2's they do not have the super thin areas under the chin. They are actually quite sturdy and totally fine for trooping.

Ā 

I have both bumpy and smooth back/cap styles available.

The bumpy for the super accurate, and the smooth for the more idealized.

Ā 

Looking for $375 plus $25 shipping w/insurance USPS priority mail.

If you are outside of the US, contact me and we'll discuss it.

Ā 

No paypal, only US postal money orders.

Ā 

****PLUS..****

This is going to sound really weird coming from me.

But I don't care who you are, even if we've had beef in the past (even big beef), even if you are a 501st member, I promise I won't have a problem with dealing with you. I've grown really tired of all the BS and the infighting on all fronts.

I'm really taking a leap of faith in the community to not recast these, so please don't make me regret it. :unsure

Ā 

If interested, you can post and PM me, or just PM me.

V2 smooth

v2smooth_1.jpg

Ā 

V2 Bumpy

v2bumpy_1.jpg

Ā 

i only posted 2 of the pics and edited the rest out for space.

Ā 

My personal opinion, i think it would be great for these to become available. Sometimes we just need to put the past behind us and move forward. Is this a genuine offer from Gino, i dont know, id like to hope so, reguardless of his reasons. im a forgive and forget type of guy.I personally never had any issues with him, and im sure if anyone does have issues, they will avoid this like the plague, but that being said, maybe he IS trying to make a mends. i guess we shall see.

yes they are nice buckets, BUT! the man has an ego bigger than the death star and i still will not forget his claims of "touched the inside of a screen used helmet" which as we all know is complete bullplop :angry: wouldnt have one if it was free!.

In the end market forces will always win out. He's got a beautiful product and to those that it's worth it, they'll buy. If you don't feel it's worth it, then you won't.

Hmmmm....

Ā 

Its a good looking helmet. And despite my opinion of Gino its a tempting buy. I still think I'd rather sit back and see how his sincerity plays out.

I'm going to buy one and recast it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just jesting, chaps. I couldn't even recast a fishing line!

I'm going to buy one and recast it.

Ā 

Ā 

but i wonder how long before this happens just because of all the people hes upset in the past ?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just jesting, chaps. I couldn't even recast a fishing line!

Thats why he is in a win / win situation.

Ā 

If it goes uncast ( which sadly it will not) and it recievs rave reviews , not only will he have made money AND secured himself (and his ego ;) ) more status in the prop community but you can guarantee the next batch will cost double this first batch.

Ā 

When it gets recast he will just say " this is why etc etc etc...." and wil forever more have a reason not to share and to berate the likes of the 501st and their stance on recasting.

Ā 

Sadly I fear when its recast it will be someone in or close to the 501st that does it, much as it pains me to say it.

Honestly I think the recast impact is small. Once it's out, how many boards allow openly selling a members recast items? Also, in order to compete they'd have to be cheaper, higher quality, or both.

Ā 

And secondly, over time the differences are getting smaller and smaller. Back in the day the difference between an FX and AP or TE helmet were huge. The differences between the ANH helmets are far more subtle and at least for troopers become harder to justify shelling out a large difference in price for.

Ā 

Lastly, there is customer service. The plastic is only one part of the equation - the sellers that get the most traffic are those with solid reputations for quality, consistency, and honesty.

Ā 

My $.02, which is why my recommendation is that the seller is just as important as the product in making choices of where to buy.

Great question. I saw this same post on the RPF site. I saw one of his completed helmets there too (someone's trying to sell it) and it's nice, but nothing special. At least not compared to the ones I've seen here. It could be a supply and demand kind of thing. I just did a quick browse over there and not too many people sell TK buckets. He's pretty much the only one. Pretty much all the "where can I find" posts all say to come here :smiley-sw013:

to be totally honest, yes his buckets are nice... but nothing better than anything else thats well put together and i think the reason for the demand on them is that up untill now they have been unobtainable.. human nature is to want what we cant have!

yes they are nice buckets, BUT! the man has an ego bigger than the death star and i still will not forget his claims of "touched the inside of a screen used helmet" which as we all know is complete bullplop :angry: wouldnt have one if it was free!.

Ā 

Yes, that point i can approve , too.( As 100 other more i think :P )

I had a few PM or better only 2 PM over the RPF with him.

As i said him that, i'm not of this guys who blow up suggar in someones bottom only cause they want it , that i always say my true belief, i never got any response from him again.

Also he said, that he never would sell me something from his stuff, cause i have a TM Trooperarmor.

Which is , in his eye , a bad recast.

LOL :duim: what a prig person.

From Gino i would never buy something ,not if it only would cost one dollar or i could get it for free.

Edited by Turrican

Also he said, that he never would sell me something from his stuff, cause i have a TM Trooperarmor.

Which is , in his eye , a bad recast.

Ā 

Wait, huh? How's that again? I missed something. :blink:

Having a conversation with Gino the last few days...

Ā 

Ā 

I think three things are happing.

Ā 

Ā 

1. He is having a serious rethink on things. That is good.

Ā 

2. He has made something available that has not been available at any real time. Not just one year ago, these were 1000.00. I have seen a Vac machine he built, (online) so he is looking to supply. This is good as well.

Ā 

3. He (in his own way) is trying to apologize to the community. Now, not everyone will get that and leopards dont change spots easy. However... I think its fair to support as we really dont know anything on Gino the Vendor, just Gino the collector and prop guy. I would also venture to say that his offering will be a tad warmed over.. not his full on prop. I dont blame him. Really, many complain about bumpy caps as they dont know that its accurate.

Ā 

That said...

Ā 

He has made many a mistake in this community as had a few other vendors. Some of his accusations I even went Toe to toe with him on. Your view on Gino be what it may just remember that people can change. Only time will tell his intent. We as a community are a giving and forgiving bunch. There are still people willing to give TE money, and he has a very long history of not delivering. This game is a game of trust, and it only takes a few bad sales to mess up a guys rep. I hope that his helmets find a market... but as times are tightening and his name may hinder some sales. Ginos helmets are close to the top of the food chain and I plan on getting one. I want to see how big they are. They are from the time frame of the TE and TE2. Should be a nice helmet. His ways, I hope at least, are changed.

Ā 

Many a bridge burnt, but maybe... just maybe... he can build some back. Time will tell.

Edited by Runnriottt

Wait, huh? How's that again? I missed something. :blink:

Ā 

Ā 

15 page derail of a thread calling TM a recaster on the RPF. Really, its not worth rehashing. TM is not a recaster.

"Also he said, that he never would sell me something from his stuff, cause i have a TM Trooperarmor.

Which is , in his eye , a bad recast."

Ā 

This made me laugh! as we all know his helmets (anh) are recasts of T*E, by recast i mean he uses a duplicate of T*E's molds there might have been some strange permission involved in the dark dealings of Matt, Gino & the others involved.. but even by his own description of recasting his are recasts.

Ā 

In my own humble opinion TM's products will allways be far superior (and no i dont own any.. i wish)... not just for the fact that he has produced them himself but also the service from the man who from what ive seen here is allways friendly & punctual with his delivery.

Ā 

Funny how he still claims on his site that his helmets" touched the indide of a screen used" :lol::lol: