FYI two diffrent E6000 Glues

Chunk

HI Everyone,

Yeserday I was on my quest to find the Plasti Weld glue for my snap "tabs". I came across two diffrent versions of E6000. I found the regular version at Walmart. It was a grey tube with small words saying Amazing on top then the large E6000 going down. But yesterday I was at Michaels Craft Store & they had the regualr & another. In place of the Amazing it said "Industrial" on top & the E6000 going down. Both tubes were grey in color had big black letters of the E6000 going down the tube & clear gel. The only diffrence was the "amazing" & "industrial" Now I am finished with my glueing & I used the regular version. Found the other too late in my build. But I wanted tall the newbies searching for E6000 to be aware that there is two versions. If I had seen the industrial first I would have bought this. My armor parts are solid, but have not been put too the stress test of a troop yet. Will let you know how the regualr version holds up :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

i just bought a bunch of tubes at walmart... mine say amazing on the top and industrial on the side? i hope there is no difference.... i haven't even got armor yet:( but i like to be prepared..

Edited by dashrazor

the great part about this glue is that it stays on, but you can remove it!

it's flexible enough to withstand the bending that comes with putting on a

shin, or flexing a thigh. and it comes off capped abs well enough with

mild soap if you catch it while it's still curing.

(it balls up into a rubbery tan and comes off like rubber cement.)

On my three tubes of E6000 it only says "industrial strength" on the top, and nothing on the side of it. And it's 1 oz or 29,7 mL in the tube, if that helps with the size difference.

The one I have is a 2oz tube. When I rolled out the used portion I did see the "industrial" in small writing next to the E6000. The other I saw with the industrial on top was mabye twice the size of what I have. So hopefully this is the only diffrnce. If your a professional or "industrialized" you would need more than the common hobbiest. So perhaps this is the reason for the bigger tube. :dancing-trooper:

I might add that by the "top" of the tube, I mean near the tip, or cork of the tube. Just to clear things out. I do agree that in real industrial use, bigger tubes are always better. Buy in bulk!

• 2 years later...

HAY GUISE

--------

MEDIUM VISCOSITY

HIGH VISCOSITY

CLEAR

WHITE

GREY

BLACK

E-6100 NON-SAG

also comes in ALL TEH COLOURS!!!!!!!

UV6800 ULTRAVIOLET RESISTANT

FYI: THERE'S A BIT MORE THAN 2 OF THEM

sorry for yelling at you all, it's my birthday today and on my birthday I own pwn the internets emot-fuckyou.gif

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

On 9/13/2012 at 11:08 AM, Darth Furious said:

HAY GUISE

----------

MEDIUM VISCOSITY

HIGH VISCOSITY

CLEAR

WHITE

GREY

BLACK

E-6100 NON-SAG

also comes in ALL TEH COLOURS!!!!!!!

UV6800 ULTRAVIOLET RESISTANT

FYI: THERE'S A BIT MORE THAN 2 OF THEM

sorry for yelling at you all, it's my birthday today and on my birthday I own pwn the internets emot-fuckyou.gif

So....the higher the E number the stronger and more bad an impolite person the glue will be? lol Notice on E-6100, "repairs concrete". If trooping is as hard on the armor as you all say, would a tougher glue like that be better? lol

Well the E-6800 is just UV-resistant, so I don't think your theory about the numbering system holds true there icon_e_ugeek.gif

Seriously though, I think it is the 'non-sag' property of E-6100 that makes it suitable for concrete repairs.

I think we're all on the right track using the standard 6000.

The high viscosity might be nice to work with, if you find the regular stuff too runny.

And having colourmatched options for TKs and TXs was new info to me, could be worth a look into.

UV resistance isn't much of a plus, since all the glue is on the inside of the armour and not exposed (I hope)

And yes, I'm quite sure that if you inhale too much E-6000, you will eventually type all of your posts somewhat like my previous one.

Actually, that's not quite accurate. The writing style would be similar, but the content may lack... emot-downswords.gif