Do you Carry Personal Belonging Druing Troops?

Wheeljack

Like for example your wallet, phone, watch etc? If yes where do you put it? Out of sight or within sight?

Reason I'm asking is because sometimes I don't trust the storage area when our luggage are kept. It may not be locked up all the time and can be also shared by other costumers so i always carry my personal stuff with me when in armour. (OK I admit to buying drinks occasionally when the weather gets too hot!)

I've got a neck wallet that I keep in my tote just in case we don't have a secure changing area. It's also handy at conventions.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I assume it's hidden inside the armour right? :lol:

On 4/4/2010 at 9:07 PM, SuperTrooper said:

I've got a neck wallet that I keep in my tote just in case we don't have a secure changing area. It's also handy at conventions.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I like the neck wallet idea. I'll have to get one of those.

You could give them to a trusted spotter to hold for you, or if your costume allows it you could put it in your thermal detonator or even in your holster.

Edited by Splattum

i stole midri's idea and use my drop boxes to store my debit card and license. it works pretty well im happy to say :) but i'm going to be working on modding my armor to put stuff in rather soon. i have a few ideas

i stole midri's idea and use my drop boxes to store my debit card and license. it works pretty well im happy to say :) but i'm going to be working on modding my armor to put stuff in rather soon. i have a few ideas

Not my idea, I just perfected it ;p

Sucks I don't wear drops anymore, thought my little bandage case works well and looks like it belongs. Holds what I need.

Edited by MiDri

well either way, it works great, though some times its a bit tricky to open, but that's good cuz you know it wont open on its own. but your lil box is sweet. lol.

The best way to go is to use a trusted handler to carry your stuff.

Barring that, I try to keep as many of my personal items - wallet, iPhone, etc. - in my locked car (or hotel room if I'm away from home at a con) as possible.

Basically in costume I try to limit myself to my keys (car or hotel room), and those I keep in my hollowed-out thermal detonator.

I try to keep my personal belongings to a minimum. Normally, I would give most of my things to our handler (usually my wife), and depending on the event, I will have a similar hanging wallet setup around my neck and my armor tub is lockable. At a recent con, I had my phone on my belt, very non-canon. Unless LG and Verizon supplied the Empire with comlinks :lol:

I also have my Thermal Det tube modified so I can keep my glasses in there.

i store an extra set of batteries in mine, the part where it looks like two rectangles... just made a little storage space there... i plan to make a water pack for the hot days and put it in there. that or i'm going to put a fan in there to help keep me cool.

I velcroed an old wallet (similiar to a business card holder) to the inside of my chest plate. I only carry a few things, but have never had a problem with it coming off or anything falling out.

Here's my iphone carrier pouch I made on the inside of my ab plate. Eric has one too, but his bottom slip came out, we need to replace it.

i6Ncv.jpg

a0HUH.jpg

I'm using the iphone to take pictures, so i put a placeholder in there to show how it goes in.

ZC0p1.jpg

And for not canon events all my other stuff (Money, Keys, Credit Card, Drivers License) I put in this bad boy (not really applicable for TK) It goes on my belt right before my ammo packs. Nice thing about it is it snaps shut.

Ct2ve.jpg

UwuK3.jpg

qCvkC.jpg

Edited by MiDri