My nearly ready to ship TE RoTJ suit

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy doesn't come close to describing how I feel. I'm bloody ecstatic!!!

And thanks, this is fantastic. TE did absolutely amazing work on this suit and he took the time to get everything right, even when it seemed quiet. A suit like this had to have taken a lot of time and attention and it shows clearly in the quality of this suit. The guy knows what he's doing.

At this point it looks like the armor's shipping out tomorrow, if I understood correctly. I'm curious to see if the armor makes it home before I do or if I beat it there.

TE's done the heavy lifting on my RoTJ presentation. The last remaining tasks for me are to assemble my E-11 and to rivet my holster to my belt when I get home. My SR Props kit is there waiting for me and I've shipped an assortment of additional pieces and greeblies home that will get there before I do. It'll be fun to put that all together.

I'm going home (to Australia) in about two weeks and as soon as I get my E-11 assembled, if the armor's there, I'll be submitting my 501st application.

Awesome suit. You don't think that's EIB??? I think it's EIB without even putting it on. From the pics, EVERY ROTJ detail I can think of is covered.

Maybe white velcro to keep the shoulder straps on? If it's not there, it's a VERY easy fix.

With a suit that nice, it may be time to open up the ROTJ footwear discussion again. There still is not a definitive conclusion on what exactly the TK's wore.

Great suit!

EDIT:::

After rereading the top of the forum (John's suit) and also checking out Jez's site of the same suit: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/origirotjStormypage.htm according to him, the Jod's that came with the suit are original. If true, and why wouldn't it be, I guess white Jod's (Caboots etc.) are definitely CRL-worthy.

Thanks, JSmails. :D

The suit was made to meet the EIB requirements and it meets every single one. But rather than me declaring it to be so I thought it might be best to let others decide for themselves.

Armor Details

* If a holster is worn, it must be attached on the right instead of the left with two white rivets (one per strap) Will be when I get home.

* Snowtrooper hand plates instead of the angular ANH ones Check.

* Ab plate will be be 3 dark blue and the rest black, unlike the ANH/ESB coloration. The three dark blue will be the three buttons closest to the belt. Check.

* Molded lip around the cod and chest (similar to car door trim) Check.

* Ab plate details (button area) needs to be upside down compared to ANH/ESB Requirements. Check.

* Single back/butt piece, not split like ANH Check.

* Belt must be 2.5" wide, not 3" as on ANH/ESB Check.

* Shoulder straps should not have a flat end at the ends of them, they should be ribbed 100% Check.

Helmet Details

* Slate blue traps/tears instead of ANH grey Check.

* Black frown instead of grey, and the paint should overlap the "lips" Check.

* Lenses must be flat green or bubble green Check.

* Traps/tears must be decals, no hand-painting Check.

* Four teeth each side Check.

* No screws on ears Check.

* Ends of frown are squared off, not tapered to points (rounded) Check.

Yes, there is white Velcro to hold the shoulder straps in place. If you look closely at the picture of the shoulder straps and the tops of the shoulder bells you can see white Velcro underneath the ends of the shoulder straps.

As far as footwear, I'm going to take a chance. I bought a pair of white jodhpur style Dr. Martens boots. They've got the look and they come with an all-white sole (ideal for RoTJ). Of course, this could blow up in my face and my Dr. Martens may be rejected (costing me EIB status if not 501st acceptance altogether). I hope not, though, as I think they look very good and they cost enough (and they were bloody hard to find). LOL There's a boot thread here in the RoTJ sub-forum where I advocate for the acceptance of the Dr. Martens. No one really seemed to agree with me, though.

We can take a quick peek, though...

RoTJbootComparison.jpg

You can see the Dr. Martens up top, a couple of screen grabs in the middle, and the CaBoots at the bottom.

i would suggest buying boots from tkboots.com or buy caboots and then paint the sole white. I would not suggest the Dr.Marten's due to the fact that you will possibly have trouble wraping the shin armor around the ankle part of the boot. The caboots and TKBoots are much narrow, and allow much more room for the shin armor to close properly.

Caleb

It's possible. I went on a bit of a hunt to find my white Dr. Martens, though. They weren't all that easy to find and at $110.00 they weren't all that cheap either. Examining the picture I put up, are the Dr. Martens wrong or do they look right?

If I get nailed for wearing them on my 501st application or when I apply for EIB then I'll reluctantly consider swapping to a less expensive pair of boots. Or if they just won't work with my shin armor. I think that these work for RoTJ, though. They're in the correct style and there's no painting required.

This is a good discussion, particularly for RoTJ troopers. I realize that a significant portion of troopers use the Caboots or TKBoots. After discovering this specific Dr. Marten boot, though, I believe that they are appropriate for a RoTJ trooper.

The soles in those reference pictures are black. JFYI.

Hard to tell, but looking at those screen shots, I see the heel is definitely white, so it follows that the entire sole is white too. The shadow of the floor is black, perhaps that is what you are seeing.

As far as the Doc Martens; I have to agree with others that they look "clunky". Also, there is the extra seam on the side that isn't on the TK's or Caboots. That being said...I suppose it would depend on your garrison, but what's to stop you from trooping in them? Buy a pair of TK's for approval, but if you really, really like the durability and comfort of the DM's ask if you can use them for trooping.

Based on my reference pictures I can see that the sole was merely painted white. On one of those reference pictures you can see what appears to be a glob of white paint below the shoe and forward of the heel. Which lends credence to the theory that the soles were merely painted white, if it wasn't the entire shoes that were painted white.

Against my preference I'm starting to think that I will pick up a pair of Caboots, at least for my application photos. Though I dislike the $70.00 expense for the purpose of simple photographs. If they work, I think that I'd prefer to troop in the Dr. Martens.

I have no problem with the TK boots. Unfortunately, they're on pre-order. The CAboots are in stock and a lot faster to get a pair of and take my application photos.

That's real SWEET! I love his armor. I hope someday I can get a TE set!

Thank you, Alan. It is pretty nice and I am more than thrilled with it.

I think since you have gone to such trouble with accuracy on the armor, it would be a shame if the boots didn't quite cut it. Best just to get a pair of CaBoots or TKboots and be done with it. I know you like the DM's but I'm not sure you would even get Legion approval with them. That doesn't mean you can't troop with them if they are more comfortable.

Whatever TE's plans are with TK armor, his efforts on the RoTJ version have certainly worked out well for me. I really like the idea of receiving an armor kit that doesn't require any modification in order to attain the look I want. It's a great convenience.

I received word from TE today. The suit has been shipped through the U.S. postal service. One week after the suit was finished and it's now making its way home.

I'm grateful that TE has sent this on its way. I'm flying home to Australia in 11 days. The suit may or may not beat me home. If it gets there first I'll be a happy trooper.

TE has done a fantastic job with this suit and he's been quite responsive as this suit neared completion and prepared for shipping. I'm grateful for all of the work he put into this suit and for his speedy shipping after it was completed. I'm really looking forward to getting this suit home.