Well, my TE finally arrived.

Hi Guys,

I got home from work this evening and found this in the hall........

It's taken a year and it's not the best assembled set of armor I've ever seen but I suppose it kinda looks vintage?

I'm sure you lot will be quite frank and let me know what you think?

TEarmor008.jpg

TEarmor018.jpg

TEarmor009.jpg

TEarmor017.jpg

TEarmor015.jpg

TEarmor014.jpg

TEarmor012.jpg

TEarmor013.jpg

TEarmor016.jpg

TEarmor011.jpg

TEarmor010.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark,

I am glad to see that you got yor armor from Matt. I didn't want to have to post your bail for beating the "cr@p out of him.

For what my opinion is worth, and it could just be the angle of the photography, but the calf piece looks "boogered up".

You're right, it's not the best assembled I've seen... but you're also right that it looks pretty good as an authentic, 1970's TK! I think with some cleaning up some glue here and there and such you'll have a pretty nice looking set of armor!

You know you have the calfs swapped on the wrong side in the pictures don't you? The "sniper plate" calf goes on the left leg. The "plain" calf on the right.

Yeah, post some pics once you have it on!

Congrats too on getting the TE!

Too be honest I just threw the armor on the floor and took some photos without paying much attention to left and right! :lol:

I've also just noticed in my haste that the belt is missing and the drop boxes are missing and the TD is missing!!! :lol:

Nothing that can't be replaced but a little poor considering the wait I've had.

It's covered in over spray and quit poorly done. I think Matt must have had it lying around for ages and found some time to get it done recently and kinda rushed it as you can see.

When I get the time I will rework the assembly and paintwork and get it looking sweet.

When I first talked to Matt about this armor he said he would do a bang up job on it and it would be the envy of you all?

Matt I know you are reading this or will at some point but I only speak the truth my friend......... :lol: I'm just glad after all the wait I finally got something to show and wait eagerly for my helmets that are waiting to dry and get shipped.

Glad you got your stuff Mark. TE seems to have finished all the armor/helmets in a hurry. I have to admit that this sucks after all this long time waiting for that stuff. But if you like the crappy look of the originals (like me).....its ok, although certainly not planed or wanted by Matt. :rolleyes:

Ill say it. Looks like a rush job and well.. The prop accurate line only goes so far. FBJ makes dead on replicas and they look far better than this. I felt I thrashed my first set of TE2 and this looks along the same lines. This is from the acclaimed Trooper Expert himself? Trimmed lousy in spots as well. :angry:

Calves look like poo. The pulls look like seconds. I have never seen a set of calves from any maker that bad. VT, CAP, all better than that. I would contact TE2 or ATA for a new set.

Man. I am sorry you had to wait so long to get that.

Sand it, re build parts and repaint it. :(

Damn. Sorry man. <_<

hey Nathan,

I have spoken to Matt and he said he asembled it to look like an old screen used set of armor. I know the originals were thrown together. i have always kinda like the screen used look as you all saw with my Sterling E11, but I think this could to with a little tidying up. To be fair to Matt he has offered me a replacement ROTJ set of armor if I wasn't pleased but to be honest I have always wanted a TE ANH and can't afford both!

I can make this look great with a bit of work. I just need to find the time.

When I saw it, I was bumbed for you, I felt that Matt had done a rush job and did not care :(

I just hope that Matt will better describe his asembled ANH armor, that it is made to look like a thrown together old screen used set of armor and not pristine.

But...Mark, I know you can make this TE into a BILLIANT! set of armor :duim: ......Can't wait to see you work on it!