HOORAY!

VacTrooper

Well, it's official!! :D I sold my first armor kit to somebody in my local area. He is hoping to get into the 501st with it. I have been told by a few individuals in my local garrison that my homemade armor is a decent contender for 501st approval, hence the reason why I have sort of a membership in the garrison until I'm 18... ;):P

It ought to be interesting if he makes it in the 501st. That would be two of me! :lol:

I should post some pics of the kit, as my armor kit has changed a bit over the past couple years. The changes are very small and slight, and there are very few, but they are there. I have yet to finish my helmet, too. :mellow: But it's chugging along.

I'll post some pics when I can.

Plz do post pics of everything!!!!!! molds cast armor your man cave the works!!!!

Congrats man!!!

Thanks guys! High Five! :D

I can't wait to see your armor on someone thats of average to large size. You've done some impressive work, next comes the size range test LoL

Yes, it'll be interesting to see the final product on someone of (semi) average size. My molds are huge, I just do A TON of trimming to make them work on me. :lol: Thank you. I might have to post a thread showing his build progress, too. MAYBE.... Well, that might be too much pressure for him. :mellow::o Nevermind. ;)

Here are (a lot of) pictures of my setup, molds, etc. for those not "in the loop". I haven't touched this subject in a while.... :mellow:

20100116_6.jpg

The Man Cave.... LOL

20100116_7.jpg

20100116_8.jpg

20100116_31.jpg

20100116_13.jpg

Inside the mold closet...

20100116_19.jpg

20100116_20.jpg

20100116_21.jpg

20100116_22.jpg

Oops, a little webbing... Might have to replace this one...

More on the Next Post!

Sharp looking Pulls there Alex :duim:

looks like you 've built the Thurston James model too!!! ;)

Keep up the good work man!!

Tom

The ab look very sharp!!

Rome was not built in a day....... Look at 409 spray. It took the guy who invented that four hundred and eight times before he got it right and WD40 took 39 trys at the formula before it was perfected too...

You can do it, I am rooting for ya!!!!

Tom

Thanks. I like the pulls, too. I tried really hard to get that mold off the Abdomen mold. As for the Backplate... That was H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks if you dig what I'm sayin'... LOL

Thank you guys for the kind words. It was you guys, though, and many other people and forums who lead me in the right direction, and helped me get my suit up to par! And for that, I thank YOU! :D

Looks like this guy is PUMPED to tackle this armor. I can't WAIT to see the results. I wonder how TM felt when he sold his first suit... I'm sure it's different for someone who made the molds from scratch.