Time to go ROTJ

The det looks awesome. Proportionly I'd like to see it against a 2.5" belt - I have to say the 2" looks a little narrow, but I did some line drawing in Paint.Net between your suit and the screen cap comaring the belt to the bottom tab on the butt plate and guess what? Both came to the same proportion - .7, so while visually to me it looks narrow when I measure it, I think you're spot on (or maybe 2.25"?).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has your trim arrived yet? This suit has so very little to do in order to be complete and I'm admittedly curious to see it completed.

No trim yet. It should be here by weeks end or early next week. I'm just sorting out the strapping at the moment.

I think that 2" webbing looks accurate and I am changing my belt to it for sure. The pics of John's suit at the top of the forum, and at Jez's site: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/origirotjStormypage.htm definitely look to be 2" wide webbing.

Ā 

Also, I think you have the detonator correct. The pics of the detonator at Jez's site definitely look a little shorter than an ANH TD. And in the pics.

My rubber trim arrived today :D, so it's about time I got off my fat a$$ here.

I'm trying to work out the best way to put the trim on, and was wondering if there is any particular place - for each section of armor - I should start. For example: ab plate - start at top right. I can't seem to get decent screen grabs that show this type of detail, and I don't really want to follow the pics I took of the Tour Suit.

Ā 

Cheers

J

I think the big thing to keep in mind when applying the armor trim is to remember to cut the corners at 45 degree angles in those places where strips of the trim meet. That way you end up with a neat corner. Such as in the lower left or right corner of the chest plate

Ā 

I don't know if there is a "proper" place to start when applying the armor trim.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure. I thought maybe the trim would go round the whole piece in one go. Doesn't matter, it's on.

Ā 

P1010141.jpg

P1010160.jpg

P1010151.jpg

P1010153.jpg

P1010154.jpg

P1010157.jpg

P1010158.jpg

P1010159.jpg

Ā 

Planning on getting the boots tomorrow, finish some of the strapping, then it's time to get it on.

YES!!! :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper:

Ā 

Now that's how it goes! Very nice RoTJ, my friend. The trim looks very sharp and well done.

Ā 

That's two RoTJ troopers for Australia.

Ā 

How do you plan on attaching the shoulder straps?

Thanks Shawn. I'm quite happy with it.

As for the shoulder straps - velcro front and back. Though I am wondering if my straps will be long enough to get the right look.

Very cool. Your shoulder straps will go on the same as mine, then. There's one definite way to see if they're long enough. :)

oohhh yes thats how it should be done,fantastic work there trooper ROTJ all the way with this one 100%

Ā 

Its no good hanging in the window "GET IT ON"

Ā 

Ā 

You got it!!

Ā 

P1010220.jpg

P1010233.jpg

P1010245.jpg

Ā 

Left greave is a little small, may need to replace it later. And the shoulder bridges are a bit on the short side I think. Was thinking of maybe lengthening them by half again so they sit closer to the top of the back plate.

Time to see what the Deployment Officer thinks :D

It's looking very good. Is the frown painted enough? In your helmet close up I'm seeing some white on the upper lip of the frown. I thought it as supposed to be all black.

Ā 

The suit is looking really sweet, though. Good job.

I can see what you're looking at but I think it might just be a reflection.

Ā 

Nothin' but black

P1010230.jpg

P1010232.jpg

It's just not as deep as mine is. If you say it's painted I've no reason to doubt it. I can see it. I just expected it to be a bit more. The suit looks extraordinarily well done, though.

Ā 

I like that you painted your soles white. That's a good extra step to take. Now you're a Death Star RoTJ trooper. :)

Ā 

The shoulder straps worked out well, too.

Ā 

And we've already spoken about the front sight.

Very nice Jason,I am no expert on the ROTJ suits but i will say again super job.May i be add some constuctive Criticism on the overall suit fitted,in that the leg area seems a little short to your body size.you may want to drop the ab-plate and inch or two,allowing the legs to drop the same. This will lengthen the suit which will balance everything out better.Its just a little top heavy in my eyes.The same goes for the biseps could drop an inch distributing the arm armour a little better.

Small things i know but dont stop short for a great looking bit of kit.

Yep, I can see what you're talking about Pete. I have shimmed the calves so they sit down over the boots properly now, which will allow me to drop the thighs and ab now as well.

I'll try to get some shots side by side for comparison.

New pics with calves, thighs and ab dropped. Biceps are also as low as they can go now. I think it looks much better - thanks Pete :D

Ā 

P1010252.jpg

P1010268.jpg

Ā 

Time to bother Terrell again :rolleyes: ...

That is a very nice Armor, hell yes :duim: . Big congrats. Regarding the helmet, I would suggest to extend the frown a little futher to the lips and paint it again in black matte, no gloss paint. same thing for the vocorder, then will be dead on.

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

You say much better,its blumin fantastic.What a difference now this suit looks like its straight out of the Star Wars Dictionary (You know the Picture im sure) Im going to say it again,fantastic.

That is a very nice Armor, hell yes :duim: . Big congrats. Regarding the helmet, I would suggest to extend the frown a little futher to the lips and paint it again in black matte, no gloss paint. same thing for the vocorder, then will be dead on.

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

Ā 

I can do that Armando. I wasn't sure if it was satin or matte, so playerd it safe with the satin :D

Ā 

Ā 

You say much better,its blumin fantastic.What a difference now this suit looks like its straight out of the Star Wars Dictionary (You know the Picture im sure) Im going to say it again,fantastic.

Ā 

Thanks Pete. Yeah thats the look I was after ;) , and I wanted to paint the ab buttons the same way, but wasn't sure it would be granted EIB, even tho there are suits with that pattern in the movie.

I can do that Armando. I wasn't sure if it was satin or matte, so playerd it safe with the satin :D

Ā 

There is a quick way to fix it using satin if you like the square frown. The ROTJ with SF helmets are painted satin, but if you prefer round frown then is matte :salute:

Ā 

I actually did both versions, you can see it here.

Cheers

Ā 

A

Ā 

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...20&start=20

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...20&start=20

Ā 

BTW starwarshelmets.com has many references