Mad Max 4 Fury Road

RogueTrooper

Does MAD MAX have a future  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Can the MAD MAX franchise survive without Mel ??

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. Do you think Tom Hardy can do the role justice?

• Yes
    • No

A fourth installment of the MAD MAX series has been green lit, entilted Mad Max 'Fury Road'.

Mad Max creator George Miller states that Fury Road' will not be a re-boot like Batman and Star Trek, but continues the story line, to be set after Beyond Thunderdome.

Tom Hardy has been cast to replace Gibson in the role of badass ex-cop Max Rockatansky. Mel Gibson, star of 1979’s Mad Max and the sequels that followed in 1981 and 1985, apparently will not reprise his role in the sequel. Australian native Sam Worthington (Terminator: Salvation) was thought to be top choice for the part, but Miller never even asked Worthington to audition.

Miller also cast Charlize Theron in the fourth installment of his post-apocalyptic action saga. Does the vision of Theron on tricked out motorcycles blowing stuff up in the Australian outback sound like a match made in survivalist heaven or a casting choice from hell?

The film is to be produced in conjunction with Warner Brothers, and the production budget, looks to be upwards of $130m. Mad Max 4 Fury Road which is slated to begin shooting in August 2010, but pre-production has already commenced. The film is planned for a 30 week shoot. Filming Locations Sydnay AU. and Broken Hill, the same Mad Max 2 'The Road Warrior"

The projected release date for the film itself is some two and a half years away - look for Fury Road to hit screens no earlier than May 2012 at this stage!

Can the franchise survive without Mel ?? My opinion, I hope so! I think that Mad Max deserves a better send off than Thunderdome.

Here are some video links about 'Fury Road':

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Yeah, I have no idea who this Tom Hardy is, but I for one am sick of geriatrics continuing on in action films long passed their prime (per Stefan: Rambo, Rocky, Indy etc.)

Now I love Michael Keaton, but can you still picture him doing the Batman movies? ;)

I don't know what Hardy will bring to the Mad Max series, but I do think he is a talent that shows diversity. One thing I am glad is that he is not a well know actor, but has been in movies and TV since 2001. I think we can remember that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Cary Fisher had acted before Star Wars, but were essentially unknowns until May 25, 1977. So think outside the box.

What I should have probably asked; Can the Mad Max series survive without Byron Kennedy? Kennedy had a major roll in the story line in the first 2 Mad Max movies. I think he was the heart and soul that pushed them to be raw and edgy. I think this why Thunderdome was too Hollywood, commercialized, with a sagging story, with a Tina Turner soundtrack to boot. Kennedy passed away on 17 July 1983 and had no part in the third installment.

Here are some of the movies Hardy has been in.

Black Hawk Down (2001) (as Thomas Hardy) .... Twombly

Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) .... Praetor Shinzon

Bronson (2008) .... Charles Bronson

RocknRolla (2008) .... Handsome Bob

I wish the poll had a "Tom Who?" option.

I don't know what Hardy will bring to the Mad Max series, but I do think he is a talent that shows diversity. One thing I am glad is that he is not a well know actor, but has been in movies and TV since 2001. I think we can remember that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Cary Fisher had acted before Star Wars, but were essentially unknowns until May 25, 1977. So think outside the box.

What I should have probably asked; Can the Mad Max series survive without Byron Kennedy? Kennedy had a major roll in the story line in the first 2 Mad Max movies. I think he was the heart and soul that pushed them to be raw and edgy. I think this why Thunderdome was too Hollywood, commercialized, with a sagging story, with a Tina Turner soundtrack to boot. Kennedy passed away on 17 July 1983 and had no part in the third installment.

Here are some of the movies Hardy has been in.

Black Hawk Down (2001) (as Thomas Hardy) .... Twombly

Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) .... Praetor Shinzon

Bronson (2008) .... Charles Bronson

RocknRolla (2008) .... Handsome Bob

I suspect it will all come down to story. Indiana Jones had Ford in the last installment but the movie was boring. Having a new actor is less relevant than having a great storyline.

I suspect it will all come down to story. Indiana Jones had Ford in the last installment but the movie was boring. Having a new actor is less relevant than having a great storyline.

Yes Indy 4 was borning. I think Lucas, Spielberg and Ford, all three thought if they throw out a label that everybody knows and loves, and by bringing the iconic actor Ford back, making the movie would be cake walk, and audiences will sit there for two hours and applaud.

I was totally surprised after seeing the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. I remember reading in the early 1990's, all the way up to the point of the announcement that a new installment of Indiana Jones would be made, that Harrison kept saying he would not sign on until there was a decent enough story for him to commit to. Yet, during production it was still up in the air as to whether Sean Connery would return as Jones, Sr. Also, suddenly in mid-filming, the announcement of Karen Allen's returning, to repisie her roll as Marion. In my opinion this made me wonder if they had any real story or script to work with at all. I know you are going to say that scripts are always updating and changing as they go along. But, not when you are playing with multi millon dollar budget. You would think, at least, they would have the majority of their ducks in a row before, lights, camera, action. I also can say that Harrison is the type of actor that isn't shy about stating or chanigng things he thinks does not work well. But, maybe he was just along for the ride.

As in the case of Mel Gibson, I know first hand, by working on the movie set of The Patriot, while everyone else would show up, including other principle actors, Jason Isaacs, Chris Cooper, Rene Auberjonois, and Adam Baldwin were always there, through every rehersal from sun up to sun down, dedicated to the movie to make it the best it could be. Where as Mel Gibson would show up around 4 PM, ten hours after everyone else had been on the set working. He had to have his lines fed to him by a script girl and then leaves around 6 PM. Mel had a long days work, huh?

So when I say that maybe a new actor, hungry with a new perspective and eager to put forth his best performance, may be the shot of adrenalin it needs.

From what I have read across the net, there will a be a new version of the V-8 interceptor that is supposedly cobbled together from other wrecked inteceptors.

If you look closely at the Youtube video that I posted, the black inteceptor that is sitting there in the background is the new one for Fury Road. It has different light covers, back with the original black rims and is missing the bronze sheild logo on the side at the front of the doors. I guess Max went car shopping at the post apocalyptic pre-owned car lot and got himself another hot ride. I hope he did a car fax report on it.

Maybe he got it off of Ebay.

nevermind the actors, what about the car?

2739738001_b41fb8c10f_b.jpg

2739738007_0b1def22a6_b.jpg

tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

Also Tom Hardy YES THAT IS HARDY!

BTW , at this pic above the guy looks like the big bad naziguy from Raiders

<a href="http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/t/the-50-g...--28-420-75.jpg" target="_blank">http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/t/the-50-g...--28-420-75.jpg</a>

But he isn't ...or is he??

I don't have high hopes for this. It will probably just be another Deathrace type movie. I mean Max IS the charactor the story is made around, not just post apocalyptic cars. Sure, it will be action packed but it will probably not have a good story. Plus, they will probably throw in some zombies or some crap like that into it. :angry:

From what I have read across the net, there will a be a new version of the V-8 interceptor that is supposedly cobbled together from other wrecked inteceptors.

If you look closely at the Youtube video that I posted, the black inteceptor that is sitting there in the background is the new one for Fury Road. It has different light covers, back with the original black rims and is missing the bronze sheild logo on the side at the front of the doors. I guess Max went car shopping at the post apocalyptic pre-owned car lot and got himself another hot ride. I hope he did a car fax report on it.

Maybe he got it off of Ebay.

One wonders how they would cobble together a car from wrecked cars which there was only one of?

The original black coupe ( which is not actually the interceptor, that was the yellow XB four door that Max was driving at the start of the movie. It has "Interceptor" written across the bootlid in big white letters. ) was cobbled together from bits and pieces they found around the place. There was only one of them.

One of the gents in our Garrison knows someone who has been working on the film. All of the cars are built, and in storage. The film is supposedly set between Mad Max I. and II. The Black coupe is supposed to be a transition between the shiny car from I, and the almost wreck with the long range tanks of II.

No it is not the big bad naziguy from Raiders. Tom Hardy muscled up for the part in the movie "Bronson". I know Hardy looks like the BIG muscled up Nazi (in the cedits as 1st Mechanic) that Jones fights in plane blowing up scene of Raiders but that was Stunt man Pat Roach not Hardy. A little bit about Pat Roach, he was also in the scene of Marion's Bar (He's the big guy that Indy was fighting with when the nazi, Toht (Ronald Lacey) says " Shoot them, shoot them both" Roach is also in the "Temple of Doom." Pat is the bad guy who is slaming Jones around the mining car. He did have a part in 'Crusades" but the scene was cut out.

Bronson

Plot

In 1974, a hot-headed 19 year old named Michael Peterson decided he wanted to make a name for himself and so, with a homemade sawed-off shotgun and a head full of dreams he attempted to rob a post office. Swiftly apprehended and originally sentenced to 7 years in jail, Peterson has subsequently been behind bars for 34 years, 30 of which have been spent in solitary confinement. During that time, Michael Petersen, the boy, faded away and 'Charles Bronson,' his superstar alter ego, took center stage. Inside the mind of Bronson - a scathing indictment of celebrity culture.

Here is the trailer to Bronson:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC-FKGMeCY

BTW , at this pic above the guy looks like the big bad naziguy from Raiders

<a href="http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/t/the-50-g...--28-420-75.jpg" target="_blank">http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/t/the-50-g...--28-420-75.jpg</a>

But he isn't ...or is he??

Me too, I wish that they would make a movie that is set between Mad Max 1 and Mad Max 2 that tells the story about Max's journey as he wanders out in the wasteands. They could show him modifying the Interceptor for the long haul.....

Maybe call it "Mad Max 1.5 The Wastelands" :D

Wait, wait, wait---what? Set between 1 and 2? Oh,pleaseGod No! Although I would love to see the story of Max after 1 and how he became what he was in Road Warrior---just, I mean.... Aw Hell, forget it. This movie will blow!!