Star Wars In Concert 2009-Tons of Pics!

DEDEDEJr

What an incredible concert! But more importantly, what an incredible feeling! From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, I was unable to move from all the people wanting a picture! I think I must have had at least 200 people take a picture with me, and a lot of kids dressed up as clone troopers couldn't take their eyes off me (guess that means they'll be converting to TKs soon enough ;))

Anyhow, after the event, I got access to the 501st's change room and met a bunch of them! The CO of the Canadian Garrison was real encouraging about me joining up, so I'll be sure to do that soon! Phil, if you're on here, thanks for the info and for the pauldron offer! And to the Boba Fett, I have forgotten your TKID, so if you're on here, please give a shout!

Well, I guess you guys always like pics...so thankfully my sister was there to take some! (She wasn't able to get some of the better ones cause of the wall of people around me :()

Even though I didn't get to see some of the exhibits, it was worth it, seeing how many people I made happy. Some guy even said "this is a good thing you're doing man". Little kids and big "kids" alike were all beaming, and it was incredible to know that I was the person that did that.

Next time I do this, I'm gonna have to go with a handler though :P

DSCF4869.jpg.a88aecfe117b53acf711c49fef8543df.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Holy smokes! All I can think is "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!" Why haven't you gotten your TK number? I'd hate for you to join the rebel scum, but I can see where they are coming from.

Something's goofy about that Vader though. It looks like a ROTS codpiece and belt boxes with a ROTJ chest armor (with silver pauldrons?) and maybe the ROTJ Chest box? The surcoat is worn in the same style as ESB/ROTJ. Am I THAT big of a nerd? May I use that picture on 501stsithlords to discuss?

Looks like you had a great time, Andrew. Now, go get your TK number so instead of meeting the 501st, you can be IN the 501st!

Vic

Great pictures, looks like you had lots of fun. Are you hooked now? :)

The Luke thing is really funny. Sadly, the RL doesn't accept Han/Luke in stormtrooper disguise as a costume (I asked). Would make a great convention outfit with a good Leia or Chewie.

Awesone pics man! I didn't know there was going to be props and stuff there, very cool ;) and about that whole "Luke" thing, just remember, Once you start down the path to the dark side . . . well you know the rest, lol.

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I really wished that SW in concert would come to the west coast but it's not happening. :(

Good to see there were so many friendly legion members there! Looks like it's time to get your application in, Andrew!

The Luke thing is really funny. Sadly, the RL doesn't accept Han/Luke in stormtrooper disguise as a costume (I asked). Would make a great convention outfit with a good Leia or Chewie.

Smitty and I along with one of his friends in a Chewie costume did exactly that at Dragoncon. Fun time, and the reactions we got were great. :lol:

Andrew...glad to hear you had fun as we all did...it was an amazing event for all...thanks for posting those pics..

Looking forward to trooping more with you in the future.

Rob