What kind and who has gotten this armor?

Quinn_101

Hey FISD,

Just curius, who has gotten armor from Makeroftherings on ebay (armor link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper...ht_1027wt_1165)? Wondering if there is any future problems with the armor i should prep to no happen and stuff. I remeber there was a discussion about the supposed ATA + TE ANH helmet he includes.

Hey FISD,

Just curius, who has gotten armor from Makeroftherings on ebay (armor link is: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper...ht_1027wt_1165)" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper...ht_1027wt_1165)</a>? Wondering if there is any future problems with the armor i should prep to no happen and stuff. I remeber there was a discussion about the supposed ATA + TE ANH helmet he includes.

What are you asking? is it a recast yes ,then you might have problems :rolleyes:

Stay clear from all and any ebay sells!!!!! the only ebay sell that one can jump head first into is when a reputable member here (FISD) posts that his/her are is in the bay.

Stay clear.

that spliting in the helmet was me. I just don't have the money to get new quality armor like AP. I think what i am asking is what future problems can arise from the armor being recasted, thin, streylene instead of HIPS. I also just wanted to discuss this armor with people who have it or are interested in it and would like some solid facts about it. TK 6918, I would imagine we are talking about the same guy.

Ā 

If you want to view the armor and sudo see my process of making it my photo bucket is here: photobucket.com/Karnage555

Ā 

p.s. supertrooper, the cracks were bad but EASILY fixible with some E6000 and nylon webbing straps. the E6000 exses filled in the cracks, then with a bit of sanding and painting became less noticeable.

If your looking for cheap good quality armor, give ATA a shout. Guaranteed you'll be happier with ATA over this MoT 60 guage HIPS crap.

Ā 

ATA is HIPS too but its thicker than 60.

Ā 

I miss the CAP helmets, nothing beats a highly detailed face plate pulled in .100 guage.

I saw that post on e-bay too. Great deal huh? So, I contacted him. This is the response I received:

"Hi

The reason for it being less costly than the rest is because you are paying for material and a little of my time and not the name that goes with it. I believe everyone should have a nice set of armor and not have to break the bank to get it. This armor is 60g just like the originals. The armor is styrene. I purchase the molds because of their connection to the TE line of armor. Once assembled it looks the same as the TE2 armor.

Ā 

Thanks

Michael"

Ā 

Now, I'm a total noob (except for research on FISD) but that response made me a bit suspicious. So, I did a search for makerofthings on FISD and came up with this thread http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8579&hl=

Ā 

I hope that helps!

If your looking for cheap good quality armor, give ATA a shout. Guaranteed you'll be happier with ATA over this MoT 60 guage HIPS crap.

ATA is HIPS too but its thicker than 60.

Ā 

plus with the ATA kit you get the brow trim, mic tips, lenses, neck trim. all of this purchased on your own will make the ATA kit actually cheaper than this ebay kit. I have built an ATA helmet, and was pleased. I have not seen or handled the ATA armor in person so I speak having only seen pictures of the armor. I assume the armor is similar quality to the helmet, which I am pleased.