ROTJ armor...FINAL FITTING.

some more photos of me in my ROTJ armor.

2009-11-01195705.jpg

2009-11-01195720.jpg

2009-11-01200602.jpg

2009-11-01195555.jpg

2009-11-01195626.jpg

2009-11-01195528.jpg

These pics were taken a few nights ago, and as you can see, i had some problems with my thigh armor jamming into my butt plate, along with a few other annoyances. So I completely re-strapped just about everything so that the armor will look and feel better. The glue will take about 24 hours to fully cure, so once it is dry, i will take some photos tonight and hopefully, the armor will look better.

Matt did a wonderful job with the strapping the first time around, however, it was based on his son's dimensions, and even though his son and I are about close to the same height, there had to be some adjustments made.

I have to admit, I've never been the biggest fan of ROTJ armor, but threads like these are really starting to bring me around.

It fits you to a "T", Caleb. You've done an amazing job-- it really looks like that armor belongs on you.

The edge trim is awesome... and I love the vinyl straps too!

I think it's so cool that you've got all the little nuances dialed in.

Good, good stuff!

Thanks for sharing these with us! :duim:

Nice kicks too, BTW. :D

LOVE IT! You really have the Jedi look locked down.

You have the perfect build for the armour, nice and thin! The helmet is lovely, I take it that is the biscuit ABS?

Joe

Thanks man. But sadly, the helmet is a styrene painted biscuit. I never received an ABS. But i am trying to get my hands on one.

Caleb

I have to admit, I've never been the biggest fan of ROTJ armor, but threads like these are really starting to bring me around.

It fits you to a "T", Caleb. You've done an amazing job-- it really looks like that armor belongs on you.

The edge trim is awesome... and I love the vinyl straps too!

I think it's so cool that you've got all the little nuances dialed in.

Good, good stuff!

Thanks for sharing these with us! :duim:

Nice kicks too, BTW. :D

Thank you man, however, these are the before photos. I havnt taken photos with the armor readjusted. Wait till i post the new photos later on tonight once i get off work. It will look even better!

Im glad someone noticed the vinyl straps. I made those myself. Not the greatest job, but it was good for a first try.

The edge trim is awesome, i have to give it up to FON for doing such a great job reproducing them.

I think we have a winner.

2009-11-04220349.jpg

2009-11-04220355.jpg

Copyof2009-11-04220333.jpg

Copyof2009-11-04220340.jpg

The strapping on the entire torso looks much better. There is not much gap between the back plate and kidney plate. I also added straps to the chest and abdomen so that the tension increases on the ab plate, which keeps it up higher. Also added a bit longer strapping to the thigh armor. I also detached the strapping between the bicep and forearm to give me more mobility. I added foam inside the shoulder bells in specific spots so that the raise up off the shoulders, and i also added foam into the biceps to keep them in place. What do you think? Any suggestions?

By the way, i managed to get my shins on and over my boots, but i had to raise them much higher.

is that where they are suppose to be?

Calen

Wow, I'll agree that good looking suits like this really make new fans out of ROTJ. You should really go EIB after you get your TKID (I presume you're applying to the 501st?). It's a well done suit, and your attention to detail really stands out.

Also need to paint the boot soles white.

So, when are you submitting your pics to the Tyranus GML? ;)

True. Im getting a smaller pair though, these boots are a bit too big, so i might sell them once i get my hands on a new pair.

By the way, is the calf armor suppose to be up high on my leg like it is in the photo?

It's like that on me. I'm around 5'9'', how tall are you? It might just be the added height from your boots.

Im just about 5'10". Without the boots i can wear them comfortably when they are a bit lower. With the boots, there is not enough space at the bottom of the calf armor to push it down any further, unless i get a size 10 or 11 boot. These are currently 12, and there is still a lot of space in the boots.