501st TK# timeline

naatsirhc

I am super anxious to become an official member of the FISD and have a question for anyone who might know the answer. My armor has been approved by my garrison and I would like to know how long the 501st usually takes to process and assign my TK#. I know I need to be patient , but I am curious about the time line. I have been told that most of the wait, usually, has to do with the local GML getting the armor put thru for approval. Since I am past this hurdle, I am wondering how long I have to wait from this point. I hope this question is not out of line. I have noticed that some folks seem to get theirs really fast and have heard horror stories of years of waiting. I appreciate your input. If this question is inappropriate, please remove.

Thank you

Christaan

Depends on the Garrison. I applied for Membership on a Thurdsay, was approved, and added to the 501st rolls on Friday. EIB Saturday :) that's how I roll...

The answer is, "It depends." With an organization as large in numbers and scope as the 501st, there's going to be some red tape and buerauocracy to overcome.

Give it a week or two. If nothing by then, give your GML a nudge. I waited for several weeks before finally querying my GML about the holdup. Within a day, my number came through. If there is a major event you're aiming for, your GML might be able to fast-track you.

Depends on the Garrison. I applied for Membership on a Thurdsay, was approved, and added to the 501st rolls on Friday. EIB Saturday :) that's how I roll...

Well Eric, you may roll like that but I rollllllll faster :smiley-sw013:

Sent pictures in early morning and by 9.30 THAT night I had my TK number and was a member of the UKG and the fighting 501st

whoooooosh!!! .... in like Flint.....how d'ya like those apples?.. :P:D

Christaan

As Eric and Brian have said it all really depends on your GML and how quickly they process everything at the 501st.

If they haven't got a lot on their plate they can push it through fairly quickly, but if they're up to their

eyeballs in it then it may take a little time. :)

Give it a few days and see how you go, and don't worry you'll have your TK Number before you know it :duim:

:)

It depends as said on your GML. When I was GML I tried to process all requests in 24 hours. Some costumes I was not familiar with took more time as I had to ramp up on their requirements, but never beyond a few days. Once the GML approves it's immediate, unless it's EU/SL which is LMO approval only.

Well Eric, you may roll like that but I rollllllll faster :smiley-sw013:

Sent pictures in early morning and by 9.30 THAT night I had my TK number and was a member of the UKG and the fighting 501st

whoooooosh!!! .... in like Flint.....how d'ya like those apples?.. :P:D

Christaan

As Eric and Brian have said it all really depends on your GML and how quickly they process everything at the 501st.

If they haven't got a lot on their plate they can push it through fairly quickly, but if they're up to their

eyeballs in it then it may take a little time. :)

Give it a few days and see how you go, and don't worry you'll have your TK Number before you know it :duim:

:)

and how long after that for EIB?!? was it more that 24 hours!?!?! hee hee :P

Thanks for all the input guys! My CO said that it is the 501st guys that will issue my number, that is what I am waiting on. That's the LMO from 501st, right?

I guess I will give it a day or 2, thanks again B)

I'm in the same boat as you, naaitsrihC. I'm all done with my armor and eagerly awaiting my TK digits. I submitted my pics to the LMO and my GML on Sunday. I got an email about 5pm today from the Midwest GML saying that I'm Ready for Duty, so now I just have to wait for the good Clone Emperor to finish processing things at the Legion level. I'll let y'all know when I'm official, and we can all have Taun Taun cake!

http://gizmodo.com/5389284/dead-taun-taun-...llery/gallery/2

EDIT: Hey Catbread! Looks like you and I should be joining the MWG at the same time! Sweet!

I was issued my TK number in just a couple of days. It took 2 and a half months to hear back from my Garrison about my armor. Even after checking in weekly with them. Turns out my email address got listed as spam in their filters. They never got any of my whining emails and then eventually forgot about me. I think they were hoping that I would just go away. :) After a giant email barrage on them with multiple emails accounts and having to send my pictures to them again they informed me that I had been approved 10 days after I applied. Crazy communication breakdown. I would have gone over an knocked on their door but I live 8 hours from them. I'm stranded on an outer rim world. Makes it tough sometimes.

Hang in there.

Update: I'm in! :salute:

So my timeline was - Sunday AM, submit pictures (I sent mine unsolicited to my CO, XO, and GML at the same time I filled out my application with the LMO)... Tuesday 5PM, GML reports me as Ready for Duty... Wednesday 11:30PM, LMO approves my membership.

Woo-hoo!

I was issued my TK number in just a couple of days. It took 2 and a half months to hear back from my Garrison about my armor. Even after checking in weekly with them. Turns out my email address got listed as spam in their filters. They never got any of my whining emails and then eventually forgot about me. I think they were hoping that I would just go away. :) After a giant email barrage on them with multiple emails accounts and having to send my pictures to them again they informed me that I had been approved 10 days after I applied. Crazy communication breakdown. I would have gone over an knocked on their door but I live 8 hours from them. I'm stranded on an outer rim world. Makes it tough sometimes.

Hang in there.

You know, instead of email why not just register on their local boards first? Everyone can see a post of your submission pictures. And I can guarantee that your GML checks their garrison boards regularly.

• 2 years later...