I was looking at many pics of regular stormtroopers and saw they have pauldrons but don't look like the Sandtroopers w/ the sand trooper back pack. Can you do that and still be a storm trooper or can you just put the pauldron on for a storm trooper os a special ops trooper. I really think that those are really cool!

here is an earlier thred on this subject...

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Just because others do doesn't make it right. The bottom line: if you have a pauldron you are not a canon TK. You are an expanded universe TX.

If you are a clean TK and feel that it is canon to wear a pauldron out doors at canon events and such...YOUR NOT ALONE!... you can go to Pauldron's Anonymous for a more caring support to your unfortunate situation..."PA" is a great community bent on a kinder, Understanding, and more pleasant rehabilitation...Success stories range from 4 -6 weeks... With our patented "BUDDY" system to follow you through the steps after leaving our doors at "PA"...our buddy's are there for you when you have those sleepless nights thinking about how the Pauldron made you feel long ago, and they are there for you during troops when you see the TD's wearing their pauldrons...its in those weaker moments when the "PA" buddy system shines its brightest...

Ā 

I wasn't trying to be a smart a**, I don't know it just popped into my head while reading deatrin's post :unsure::D

Daetrin said:
Just because others do doesn't make it right. The bottom line: if you have a pauldron you are not a canon TK. You are an expanded universe TX.

Ā 

that sums it up, but if you get that armor dirty you can have a pauldron.... but no chest mag pouch it;s a give and take kind of thing lol

sandtrooper_hd_096.png.9e4d484a6cf602ff5ab0c751a2928eeb.png

Ā 

It all depends on how accurate you want to be. and what makes you happy really

I'm an accuracy guy myself.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

roflmao!!! dude! that was one of your funniest posts yet! :lol::salute::pint1:

Thanks Steve, Its great to see your still around...I just don't know where the humor comes from :unsure::salute::pint1: ...there has been quite a few WAY TOO SERIOUSE stuff floating around this forum lately & I wanted to lighten it up a bit, you know like the old days...before the dark times :unsure::(

Current consensus is that there was no rhyme nor reason on Lucas' part for the sandtroopers - there was a bucket of pauldrons and they were put on for what looked best cinematographically. Missing pauldrons were probably not a worry as they were in the background. Lack of packs on some was due to stunts (e.g. tumbling after being shot), or like the lack of pauldrons due to budget/background issues.

Ā 

There is not a single shot of a stormtrooper (with wedge knee plate, drop boxes, etc.) in eps 4, 5, or 6 with any item from the the sandtrooper panoply. And, since this detachment focuses solely on canon stormtroopers, this is why we don't endorse such extras.

Ā 

<breathe>

Ā 

That said, it's your costume in the end and you're free to do with it as you will at non-canon events.

Current consensus is that there was no rhyme nor reason on Lucas' part for the sandtroopers - there was a bucket of pauldrons and they were put on for what looked best cinematographically. Missing pauldrons were probably not a worry as they were in the background. Lack of packs on some was due to stunts (e.g. tumbling after being shot), or like the lack of pauldrons due to budget/background issues.

Ā 

There is not a single shot of a stormtrooper (with wedge knee plate, drop boxes, etc.) in eps 4, 5, or 6 with any item from the the sandtrooper panoply. And, since this detachment focuses solely on canon stormtroopers, this is why we don't endorse such extras.

Ā 

<breathe>

Ā 

That said, it's your costume in the end and you're free to do with it as you will at non-canon events.

Ā 

I thought i read some where lucas was looking over the sandtroopers and asked "is there anyway we can show rank" so they used the pauldrons... they found a shop or somthing i cant remember where i read it. i think it's in that new Star wars book?

Apperently the pualdrons were motorcycle chest protectors that uncle george had painted different colours to show rank. Personaly i think they look weird on white tk's but what ever you do in the privacy of your own home is your business......

Both! Neither! Lucas said X at one time, Y in a different year. It will never be resolved - never I say!

Ā 

haaheehaahee................oh, whew. Now where were we? Quick, is the Force a wave or a particle?

It will be interesting to see what is shown on the Start Wars TV series. It could easily be canon in two years' time.

It will be interesting to see what is shown on the Start Wars TV series. It could easily be canon in two years' time.

Ā 

True, but then we can separate the two canons...the "Original trilogy", and the "new TV stuff" :D But, realistically, I only believe in 1 canon, and that is in the films, not some TV spin off :unsure:...because with that, were does the canon end? :unsure:

I thought it was a blood bacteria?

*puts fingers in ears , closes eyes , and hums very loudly *

If I don't see it or hear it , it didn't happen ;)

Ā 

A TK mate of mine offered me a pauldron over the weekend , and I had to explain to him how much he had offended me . Ewww , I own cleaning equipment and polish , I have no use for one of those dirt person things .

• 2 months later...

Ya i agree wear someone elses dirty pauldron is not right :)

Any way, Palpatine not willing, if we are ever in a star destroyer crash at least we are wearing clean armor.......

Ā 

Hope that reading that is thats as funny as i thought it was when i thought of it. ( I laughed)

• 1 month later...