MOT TE Armor? TE-AA?

Doesn't it really come down to the quality of the product produced?

From what I've studied, (most right here) there are little differences that set different armor off from the others.

End result should be a quality suit of armor depicting and ANH or ESB or RotJ. A Stormtrooper.

It's up to the builder and his talents to make the armor what it is in the end.

I mess with old cars and pull parts from the junk yard, get them over the counter, from friends and swap meets. My goal is to build a Hot Rod.

To me this is very similar right here.

My goal is to make a set of armor.

Just saying.............

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know Maker of Things was an armor recaster. I know his E-11 is a MR recast. He seemed to have a good reputation around here till now I guess. Hopefully TE2 will see this.

Hi Jason,

I stumbled across this thread yesterday.

I am debating whether or not I need to validate this discussion.

T :salute:

Hi Jason,

I stumbled across this thread yesterday.

I am debating whether or not I need to validate this discussion.

T :salute:

Hahaha :lol:

You rock man.

I still say TE2 is the best!!! B)

You should separate 'recasting' as a whole from 'recasting TE armor' Mike, else the arguments get blurred. Are you saying that we as a community shouldn't give a rat's an impolite person if people recast TE2 or TM? C'mon now - you know that's not right either. :)

And for the love of god, let's please stop pretending that unlimited and unrestricted recasting is something to be admired, encouraged, and is healthy for the community, as it is NOT. If you believe otherwise, there's a good group of folks waiting for you on the DIY forums.

I thought this was worth quoting since I'm in agreement with Daetrin on this. QFT

IMO there's a huge difference between someone buying a set of moulds off a guy who's cast them off an original set (irrespective of how many times he did this), and some low-rent recaster who buys a set of (say) TE2 armor and replicates it to make himself some cash and "big-up" his profile.

Cheers

Jez

I have purchased this armor,

YOU CAN GET ALOT BETTER.

the face is good aside from two fold on either "cheek tubes"

the cap i recieved was in bad condition from either shipping or bad pulls,

two folds on the forehead, and many cracks in the back.

The armor is good.

but I have a feeling you and I could do a better job at getting a TE2 helmet.

If you want more pictures check out my photo bucket at photobucket.com/KARNAGE555

P.S I just read the entire thread. lil' confusing but ill keep my post here for information about the armor. I forgot to mention, one piece I received is bad the hook on the left ear cap, meaning paper thin. IDK if thats common, but I blame bad pulls. He does label Left from right on the legs and arm pieces, fast shipping. Packaging is weak (paper balls served as popcorn.)

I used to feel that way too Jez. But I dont now. The TE/TE2/CAP/PT/ATA armor has been copied openly by very many people here and abroad, even command staff. Those actions speak louder than anything. Lead by example? Also the owners of said molds seem to be OK with it too. I used to fully defend ownership and rights. Now I see that I was somehow mistaken. If its OK with everyone directly affected, why is it not OK with you guys??

I thought this was worth quoting since I'm in agreement with Daetrin on this. QFT

IMO there's a huge difference between someone buying a set of moulds off a guy who's cast them off an original set (irrespective of how many times he did this), and some low-rent recaster who buys a set of (say) TE2 armor and replicates it to make himself some cash and "big-up" his profile.

Cheers

Jez

What armor is that???

I have purchased this armor,

YOU CAN GET ALOT BETTER.

the face is good aside from two fold on either "cheek tubes"

the cap i recieved was in bad condition from either shipping or bad pulls,

two folds on the forehead, and many cracks in the back.

The armor is good.

but I have a feeling you and I could do a better job at getting a TE2 helmet.

If you want more pictures check out my photo bucket at photobucket.com/KARNAGE555

Alright good, I was thinking I got ripped off.

TK-4510, I seen your work for the TE2 helmet build and I am currently using it to build mine. You may be intersested in this armor because it damaged so much (cracks and folds) you may want to make like a thread on how to repair damages like these.

My idea to repair is glue a piece of scrap plastic on the back of the crack, then follow it up by placing the bondo paste in the the crack.

Boklast said:
I was just surfing the Bay and came across this:

---------

Anybody know the story? I thought MOT was just doing E-11's. If you click the link, he calls it "TE-AA". He's even "throwing in" a free helmet.

I haven't seen this addressed around here so I thought I would bring it up.

Jumping back to topic,

so MOT is a sort-of-known supplier?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm in possession of the CAP bucks. I'd like to clarify what I have:

Armor and faceplate 2005 TE Sandtrooper

cap n back modified 2007 TE2 *

Stormtrooper bits ie ab buttons and knee plate TM *

TD cannister keypad Crashmann *

* = to be replaced winter of 09

I do not limit myself to vac-forming trooper stuff exclusively, it is something I do for my friends and aquaintances. To date I've done more scratch build buck making and forming for people outside of Star Wars. I would like to be clear here that I am speaking for myself....... any pieces in my buck stash which are not 2005 TE will be replaced with hand made bucks by myself over the winter before I will offer suits to the 501st. I will not stoop to the lowness others have to report how CAP got the TM, and TE2 parts, I know who and why but it's not important. As far as the helmet I have been given the green light by the 501st to offer it to fellow members as it has been altered / improved. I'll have a new helmet in 2010. Mike is correct that there are so many ANH kits out now the concern should no longer be of "recasting" but more of quality assurance. What is necessary to the future of ANH trooper armor and getting people into it is Quality. Personally I'm more interested in the quality of a product than who has made it.

I used to feel that way too Jez. But I dont now. The TE/TE2/CAP/PT/ATA armor has been copied openly by very many people here and abroad, even command staff. Those actions speak louder than anything. Lead by example? Also the owners of said molds seem to be OK with it too. I used to fully defend ownership and rights. Now I see that I was somehow mistaken. If its OK with everyone directly affected, why is it not OK with you guys??

If you're saying that TE2, AP, GF, DL etc. are all cool with this then you're right, who am I to complain? However, I didnt know that they had said it was okay!

Cheers

Jez

Its recast TE2 from the Midwest.

Thanks Nathan.

Boklast/Jason it appears that you've got your answer.

No matter what side of the fence you're on, no matter what camp you're in, no matter who you claim allegiance to, everyone in this hobby will have a opinion the subject of recasting.

This thread has been answered and now will be closed. I invite all who wish to discuss or debate the subject of recasting to take it off-line.

T