My AP

Ok Troop's. Old Sgt Steve now has his AP kit. I am still waiting for my RT MOD kit, but Rob needed a bit of time off (or I think Mrs Rob won and got the vacation she wanted... :P ) I don't know if I'll make it by the 31st but starting now i have all the main part's. Armour kit, boot's, ROM-FX,blaster's x3, I'll try to re-use some mic tip's with speaker's I have on hand, and other small gib's and stuff to at least get the stuff on the body. Rob said that he'll try for about 10 day's from now to post my kit, but at least it don't have to leave BC to get to me. And I was smart and paid the extra to have Rob do the lid for me. That alone will save a lot of time. (thank's Rob)....For now I'll just post the normal "Just here" box pic and the "first" open pic. :P (one thing, how the hell do I get this thing to start new paragraph.... :huh: ) OK first a bit about me, I have been wanting to get into the 501st now for about 2 year's. I have had two FX kit's and worked on some Clone lid's. So i'm not that new to build's. I will pull no punches, with myself or my assessment of the two well let's say better TK kit's then FX. And before you say "he's a canadain soldier, he'll say the RT kit is better because it's Canadian. Well both kit's come from Canadian maker's so that's not on. I would be the first to say a kit from the US was better over a CDN one if it where true. I cut no slack with any one or any thing. OK the AP kit. After opening the box, the parts where over all clean and packed ok. So far all the parts are here as I can see. And (I need to read it still) it has a instruction book. The parts are just that, parts. Fresh from a vac machine. One hell of a lot of trimming, and I mean rough trim and then fine trimming. At this point I must rock the boat a bit. Yes I thank all, AP,RT,even ATA (still on wait list) for all the time they take to make the kit's. For all the time , the "Laybour of Luv" they put into it. We should all give them a big :salute: BUT....(there all way's is) we must take the cost and shipping to the buyer into account also. Look at the time's we live in. For the AP kit, I payed very near $1000.00 CDN for it. I say the seller DOSE have a responsibility also. At least the FX kit at $600.00 is fully trimmed in the box. And the green len's all I can say is..."SMITTTTTTTTTTYYYYYY HELPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( " OK the part's are back in the box, but the instruction book is in hand, and it's time to read,read,read. And set-up my work space, And get more glue,snap's ect. I'll post more when I get to the first thing I'll start....the helmet.

Once completed Steve-o, you're gonna look in the mirror and say to your self, "Self...this was worth every gosh darned penny."

Or run into the street screaming maniacally "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It's like RRRRRRRRUUUUUUUBBBBBBIIIIIIIEEEEEEE'SSSSSSS. And get busted under the mental health act and never to be seen again!!!!!!!! :o

From the skills you described above there is no way your AP will look anything like a Rubies.

Jump in with both feet a pretty soon you will have one awesome looking trooper looking back at you from the mirror with a big grin on under that helmet. :)

Good luck on your AP, Steve. Can't want to see the progress.

Awesome Steve!! Can't wait to see it started now that you have everything you need (and more!)

Ā 

Get ready to use a heat sealing iron (as seen in Stukas build). My armor is AP based too, and I had to do quite a few mods to several pieces. But have no fear, with the iron, a Dremel and some sanding, you can make it work out.

Ā 

Good luck!

Once completed Steve-o, you're gonna look in the mirror and say to your self, "Self...this was worth every gosh darned penny."

Ā 

To Smitty, you should listen. :salute:

Ā 

Good first steps - I just hope you find a way to enjoy the process.

Ok Troop's. Old Sgt Steve now has his AP kit. I am still waiting for my RT MOD kit, but Rob needed a bit of time off (or I think Mrs Rob won and got the vacation she wanted... :P ) I don't know if I'll make it by the 31st but starting now i have all the main part's. Armour kit, boot's, ROM-FX,blaster's x3, I'll try to re-use some mic tip's with speaker's I have on hand, and other small gib's and stuff to at least get the stuff on the body. Rob said that he'll try for about 10 day's from now to post my kit, but at least it don't have to leave BC to get to me. And I was smart and paid the extra to have Rob do the lid for me. That alone will save a lot of time. (thank's Rob)....For now I'll just post the normal "Just here" box pic and the "first" open pic. :P (one thing, how the hell do I get this thing to start new paragraph.... :huh: ) OK first a bit about me, I have been wanting to get into the 501st now for about 2 year's. I have had two FX kit's and worked on some Clone lid's. So i'm not that new to build's. I will pull no punches, with myself or my assessment of the two well let's say better TK kit's then FX. And before you say "he's a canadain soldier, he'll say the RT kit is better because it's Canadian. Well both kit's come from Canadian maker's so that's not on. I would be the first to say a kit from the US was better over a CDN one if it where true. I cut no slack with any one or any thing. OK the AP kit. After opening the box, the parts where over all clean and packed ok. So far all the parts are here as I can see. And (I need to read it still) it has a instruction book. The parts are just that, parts. Fresh from a vac machine. One hell of a lot of trimming, and I mean rough trim and then fine trimming. At this point I must rock the boat a bit. Yes I thank all, AP,RT,even ATA (still on wait list) for all the time they take to make the kit's. For all the time , the "Laybour of Luv" they put into it. We should all give them a big :salute: BUT....(there all way's is) we must take the cost and shipping to the buyer into account also. Look at the time's we live in. For the AP kit, I payed very near $1000.00 CDN for it. I say the seller DOSE have a responsibility also. At least the FX kit at $600.00 is fully trimmed in the box. And the green len's all I can say is..."SMITTTTTTTTTTYYYYYY HELPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( " OK the part's are back in the box, but the instruction book is in hand, and it's time to read,read,read. And set-up my work space, And get more glue,snap's ect. I'll post more when I get to the first thing I'll start....the helmet.

Well today was shopping day. All the lil this and that's you need to get plastic to wear right! :P I did get some first cut's in, but still need to find more stuff like swiss file's. I'll try a bit more Sunday after pokeing around some hardwear store's.

Hey Steve, not sure if you're in Richmond much. But there's a store in an Asian mall called Aberdeen mall in Richmond, there's a store in there called Daiso where everything is $2.00. I bought small flat, 90 degree and triangular files in there for $2.00 perfect for the teeth.

Ā 

I'm racing with you now, buddy for 501st and EIB! :) Got my torso done today. I'll post a build thread soon too!

Hey Steve, not sure if you're in Richmond much. But there's a store in an Asian mall called Aberdeen mall in Richmond, there's a store in there called Daiso where everything is $2.00. I bought small flat, 90 degree and triangular files in there for $2.00 perfect for the teeth.

Ā 

I'm racing with you now, buddy for 501st and EIB! :) Got my torso done today. I'll post a build thread soon too!

Ā 

Ā 

I'm working on an AP hero style build!

Ā 

so I'm right behind you guys!

If you've got a steady hand, and you're not affraid of power tools, a Dremmel with a pack of carbon cutting disks will slice through armor like a hot knife through butter. I did all my cutting this way, and it saved me loads of time. My Dremmel is a varriable speed one, and it did an excellent job. Good luck on your build, take your time and you'll be trooping around the Great White North before you know it!!

Terry/Steve - I was talking to the regional director of Pottery Barn and she mentioned events for Vancouver. Can either of you ping me - I'm trying to get a handle on how many of you are in that area and what the status is, as most of Badlands is not in that part of the province.

Sgt JB said:
If you've got a steady hand, and you're not affraid of power tools, a Dremmel with a pack of carbon cutting disks will slice through armor like a hot knife through butter. I did all my cutting this way, and it saved me loads of time. My Dremmel is a varriable speed one, and it did an excellent job. Good luck on your build, take your time and you'll be trooping around the Great White North before you know it!!

Ā 

I prefer the diamond cutting wheel myself as it lasts longer and gets a cleaner edge than the carbon ones.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Terry/Steve - I was talking to the regional director of Pottery Barn and she mentioned events for Vancouver. Can either of you ping me - I'm trying to get a handle on how many of you are in that area and what the status is, as most of Badlands is not in that part of the province.

A when and where would be nice. I just started so don't think I'll be ready by the 31st this month but we'll see

A when and where would be nice. I just started so don't think I'll be ready by the 31st this month but we'll see

Ā 

It was yesterday - my query was for events that may come up in the future.

OK, now we really get down to it. Ya I'm working this late on my kit.. NOT happy. I'll have to get a location add from the AP chap and return my forearm's. I got two left hand one's. :huh: I will now have to look real close at all the part's and send them back. OK yes it is an honour to be able to have kit's like this. BUT after near $1000.00 CDN, to have to start sending back part's just make's the build time longer. this should not happen. :angry: I will Have to pay the shipping back if any, and hope the wait time is not to long. I also think I have two "Right" hand Bicep part's. Only one of the Bicep part's has the "Horse Shoe" mark on it right?The Left hand Bicep has no mark?....Right?? I feel like :Laser: shooting some thing!

Hey Steve, i think the AP kit uses the same bicep and same forearm for left and right, there's no "unique" left side and right side. You just get 2 of each (others on the board can correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they're the same.

Ā 

I think what you have is correct, so there's no reason to send the parts back.

Hey Steve, i think the AP kit uses the same bicep and same forearm for left and right, there's no "unique" left side and right side. You just get 2 of each (others on the board can correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they're the same.

Ā 

I think what you have is correct, so there's no reason to send the parts back.

Ā 

I believe you are correct, bicep should be the same.

Sgt Steve said:
So there is a "Horse Shoe" on both bicep, left and right? And the under arm is square cut on the inside? For both left and right? And I still say the forearm parts look "Left" handed.

Ā 

Some pics of other people with AP kit

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I have GF armor and I too have identical forearms not to mention identical biceps, hmmm and identical shins and shoulder bells. It still looks fantastic tho.

Ā 

PS and identical drop boxes too lolz

I have GF armor and I too have identical forearms not to mention identical biceps, hmmm and identical shins and shoulder bells. It still looks fantastic tho.

Ā 

PS and identical drop boxes too lolz

Well if Smitty say's it is then it must be so :P So will just "glue-along" :)

Well if Smitty say's it is then it must be so :P So will just "glue-along" :)

Ā 

Same here. One of the inner calve pieces is a duplicate of the outer calve too. All GF/AP kits are like that.

Ā 

*EDIT* -- And I just realized Smitty already said that. Oops. I'll shut up now. :P

Not much done today. Was going to start trimming the rest but A) my car is going to chew up the rest of my chash for the month with repair. And (again) had to pay for my own med's because the VA has stiffed me as well as the CF!(No life Like It!...ya Right! :angry: ! Well will try some cutting tomorrow. ;)