lost my job

secracium

i'm not pissed about it, as i was pretty unhappy where i worked, but losing my position really threw a wrench in the cogs. so now i have to put my costuming aspirations on hold and focus on being as thrifty as i possibly can. luckily, my family is really supportive and is helping me along and living in alaska, i get free grand or so next month. this couldn't come at a worse time as i was just getting a nice, respectful heroin habit going.

Wow, is the heroin comment a joke or not? Everyone's stepping around that comment like someone just cut a tauntaun open!

You'll find something man, just don't think any job is beneath you. I've got a friend who's been jobless for about a year now, but if it's not a position that's anywhere close to what he was doing prior/went to school with, he won't even look at it... Don't be to picky, a job's a job in these times.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am one of the many who is looking for new employment too,so I know how you feel. Hopefully you'll find the next job soon and can get back to working on your armor.

I am currently unemployed due to the california economy. So, I can relate to being laid off. I did not enjoy my job either, but it still hurts to be let go. luckily, I get unemployment while I look for work. I had to e-bay some pop-art that I had to fund my armor( my wife didn't like that piece, so it was a no brainer to let it go for the sake of armor ). The upside is that I have some time to build my armor. I am sorry for your situation, just know you are not alone and that when one door closes another will open.

Good luck to you and hang in there! B)

Well, I am NOT a recruiter but...have you folks looked into the military? You don't have to go infantry or anything but its a steady job, free room and board (or house if your married and want to live on base) and you could see the world.

I was in the USAF for 7 years as a firefighter and I loved it. Just a thought, don't shoot me. ;) I'm just tryin to help.

Wow, is the heroin comment a joke or not? Everyone's stepping around that comment like someone just cut a tauntaun open!

just being sarcastic

Sorry to hear about your job situation. I do consider myself very lucky to be currently employed with the city & county here in Honolulu.

Believe me, I can relate to your heroin habit...without my job I couldn't afford to keep up my "daily" STARBUCKS Italian Roast coffee fix... :huh: (Not to mention I enjoy a good bong of Maui Wowie once in awhile... :rolleyes: )

But seriously, I hope your situation improves bro.

T :P

Well, I am NOT a recruiter but...have you folks looked into the military? You don't have to go infantry or anything but its a steady job, free room and board (or house if your married and want to live on base) and you could see the world.

I was in the USAF for 7 years as a firefighter and I loved it. Just a thought, don't shoot me. ;) I'm just tryin to help.

Tried...too many dependents. I would have loved to have gone..Keep a positive outlook bud you aren't alone

Well I was a recruiter and that sound's close to a lot of stuff I said a few time's :P

i did a stint in the reserves and i've considered going back, but i'm more attracted to the navy and being at sea, so if i decide to go back, it won't be the army . . . probably . . .

i'm getting enough from unemployment that i don't have to move out of my house or sell any of my stuff, so i'm lucky there. it's just taking a while for it to kick in. i missed one very small point on my required online resume which prevented it from being in "online" status, thereby preventing my benefits from being deposited into my checking account. with that fixed, i should now, hopefully, be getting my weekly suckle from the government's overburdened teat.

i did a stint in the reserves and i've considered going back, but i'm more attracted to the navy and being at sea, so if i decide to go back, it won't be the army . . . probably . . .

i'm getting enough from unemployment that i don't have to move out of my house or sell any of my stuff, so i'm lucky there. it's just taking a while for it to kick in. i missed one very small point on my required online resume which prevented it from being in "online" status, thereby preventing my benefits from being deposited into my checking account. with that fixed, i should now, hopefully, be getting my weekly suckle from the government's overburdened teat.

No problem with the navy with me. This is no joke...the food is a lot better :D