FX ARMOR

Mines FX ( with an Master Replica's helmet ) and I'm cleared bro.

The old FX lid is the thing that causes clearance problems.

I believe that is dependent on the GML of each garrison- FX lids are still, to my knowledge, clearable in many if not all (?) garrisons.

AFAIK, traditional FX lids are still 501st acceptable however it can be confusing since none of the the CRL's are 100% ratified. My belief is that it still is, at least I haven't heard of anyone not being accepted with it.

I'll also say that the new FX (aka AM) if it lives up to what is claimed, will be far and away more accurate than the old kit, and corrects many of the items that only the FX needs to have done for EIB clearance.

I for one can't wait to see the new FX :)

at this point the best chance for a MR CE helmet might be ebay.

that's where I got mine for 150 bucks.

however... you might want to look on build threads for the ATA helmet and kit. IMO the best armor at this point.

I checked redfordfilms.com where i got my MRCE, along with others on here, and they are no longer listing it. eFX does not currently have any TK helmets available on there site. I just did a quick google and amazon search, the MRCE is not as readily available as it was last year, and prices are in the $175 (via amazon) to $199 (via google link). For that price, and the amount of work that needs to go into it to bring it up to 501st standards, you're probably better off going thru AP, TM, ATA, etc.

• 6 months later...

it seems like every day there is a new AM thread haha. John, id check out the ATA. IMHO its a great kit, pretty accurate and a fair price for sure. There are still some of the old FX problems with the AM even. Also I believe the kit still comes with the old FX helmet. Before you make a decision check out ATA armor, if you havent already, its right under your nose. Good luck trooper! :salute:

Edited by JD-89

There are still some of the old FX problems with the AM even.

Would you mind listing those? My understanding is that AM is valid for EIB with proper attention and a choice of helmet.

Some kits are inherently more accurate than others, but just about any kit can be made EIB-worthy with the proper mods and (especially in the case of FX) choice of helmet, so that certainly shouldn't dissuade you from getting an AM kit if you are considering it.

Any armor - even Rubies - can be made to be EIB. Some just take more work than others. FX armor actually only requires TWO unique items to make it EIB :

1. Replace ab plate buttons

2. Throw away silver stickers from O2 cylinder

Other items that need mod are not unique to FX

1. Close side gaps (true for anyone who needs to shim, but more so for FX)

2. Cut the butt plate (AP also needs this)

3. Get a non-plastic belt (all armor makes need this)

So you see, FX armor is can be made EIB for the cost of a set of ab plate buttons. It's not really much of a stretch at all.

ASo you see, FX armor is can be made EIB for the cost of a set of ab plate buttons. It's not really much of a stretch at all.

And with AM kit the button issue is already fixed...

Any armor - even Rubies - can be made to be EIB. Some just take more work than others. FX armor actually only requires TWO unique items to make it EIB :

1. Replace ab plate buttons

2. Throw away silver stickers from O2 cylinder

Other items that need mod are not unique to FX

1. Close side gaps (true for anyone who needs to shim, but more so for FX)

2. Cut the butt plate (AP also needs this)

3. Get a non-plastic belt (all armor makes need this)

So you see, FX armor is can be made EIB for the cost of a set of ab plate buttons. It's not really much of a stretch at all.

I have an FX kit. I am just now getting to it after a very long time. I see that the ab plate buttons need to be replaced. Can you tell me where I can get new buttons or how to go about making my own....THX

Look in the Ongoing Sales and Project Orders section of the forum for VaderDave's ab buttons - it's a pinned topic. THey work perfectly for the FX kit.