My TM build![*TM]

Hi everyone,

my TM kit arrived about 1 year ago but I'm very slow in assembly due to job, family etc...

Now I've almost completed arm and legs so I decide to post some pic hoping you'll appreciate.

The pics are not always in chronological order.

Enjoy

tm0001.jpg

tm0004.jpg

tm0003.jpg

tm0002.jpg

P.S. comment and advice are always welcome

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I trimmed all borders. I tried with exacto knife and dremel but it takes a lot of time, a lot of blood (exacto don't forgive) and a lot of dust. Lexan scissor was the answer. Trimming legs and arms make me familiar with abs, a new material to me.

After trimming I've started with an easy piece, the biceps.

I watched every Stukatrooper pic 20 times... :o (thanks Stuka)

First I glued a inner strip of spare ABS (you can see it is different) on a half

tm001.jpg

After I glued togheter the two halves

tm003.jpg

tm002.jpg

and finally the outer strip with the right ABS.

tm004.jpg

The biceps are done. :D

Two buckets? How did you get two helmets? Did they both come with the kit, or did you buy a second one?

The second helmet is not a TM, is a recast (not TM recast, not made by me, not bought by me, is a gift) and it didn't come with the kit.

After all flames about recast stuff, I don't know if I can post pics without offending anyone... :huh:

I've been looking all over to see why you glued inner strips of spare ABS to the inside of the armor. can you tell me why? is it necessary to do that in order to make it fit better?

Is not a fitting question, is just to make the armor sturdy. I followed the Stukatrooper build and I thought it is a good idea to join halves with 2 stripes, inside and outside. Maybe a waste of time and glue but this method give me the chance to eventually correct cutting mistakes and to find a good position for outside strip. ;)

And now, to me, one of the best piece in the kit (except the helmet):

sexy curves.. ;)

tm0008.jpg

tm0006.jpg

I cut the halves and sanded until I reach the best fit

tm008y.jpg

then glued the inner strips

tm010.jpg

tm011.jpg

tm012.jpg

after 12 h :closedeyes: I glued the other half

tm013.jpg

and finally the outside strip

tm025.jpg

tm027.jpg

a detail

tm026.jpg

You can see the outside strip in right thigh is lightly bended to follow the thigh profile

tm019.jpg

Ciao Paride

TM is probably the most beautiful TK armour in the world (now that's my humble opinion).... to assemble such armour one needs to take time, love and passion.... your pictures show this already... no question.... :)

(Ah I see you are from Padova, I used to work in Trieste for about 2.5 yrs....)

Grazie mille....

Shiv

The second helmet is not a TM, is a recast (not TM recast, not made by me, not bought by me, is a gift) and it didn't come with the kit.

After all flames about recast stuff, I don't know if I can post pics without offending anyone... :huh:

No was just wondering if you lucked out and they accidentally put in two buckets. Wasn't sure, sorry I wasn't more accurate on my questioning!

No was just wondering if you lucked out and they accidentally put in two buckets. Wasn't sure, sorry I wasn't more accurate on my questioning!

No problem mate.

I used that bucket to practice and it was a good training. I tried some solution that helped me and I'll never tried on a TM bucket. For example screw instead of rivets under ears, to me, are more convenient, you can remove easly and do the same job. Also I found that a screw under the frown bind very well the dome and the faceplate... things like that...

Just my 2 cent :)

Hi everyone,

here are some updates

left shin and his overlap

tm022.jpg

sorry for the foot

here the inner strip glued to the front

tm024.jpg

and the two halves glued together

tm028.jpg

preparing for the outer strip...

tm030.jpg

glueing and clamping

tm029.jpg

and finally

tm031.jpg

tm032.jpg

Very cool!!!!!

I luv the idea of useing the masking to avoid the glue spreadingon the armor...... ( ya i know not new idea but i havent seen pics) :)