RoTJ holster?

After a fruitless search through the forums I find that I need to ask about the RoTJ E-11 holster...

Is the RoTJ holster a right-handed holster (which makes no sense with the E-11's configuration)?

Or is the RoTJ holster a left-handed holster worn backwards on the right-hand side (which gives us an awkward cross-draw)?

After a fruitless search through the forums I find that I need to ask about the RoTJ E-11 holster...

Is the RoTJ holster a right-handed holster (which makes no sense with the E-11's configuration)?

Or is the RoTJ holster a left-handed holster worn backwards on the right-hand side (which gives us an awkward cross-draw)?

honestly, i have never seen a holster on any stormtrooper in Jedi. for example, watch the arrival scene of either darth vader or palpatine. In both scenes, you will find that all the stormtrooper are holding their blasters in a battle ready stance with the blaster in the left hand. The reason why they hold it with there left hand was to prevent the ammunition magazine from scratching in to the armor and scuffing it up.

Understood. There were a few troopers in Jedi wearing holsters on the right side, though...

ndvd279jl3.jpg

I can't quite tell though I suspect it to be a right-handed holster.

It makes no sense with the E-11's magazine on the left side of the weapon but there the holster is.

Understood. There were a few troopers in Jedi wearing holsters on the right side, though...

ndvd279jl3.jpg

I can't quite tell though I suspect it to be a right-handed holster.

It makes no sense with the E-11's magazine on the left side of the weapon but there the holster is.

You got me! That's the only time i've seen a holster for the TKs in ROTJ. i dont understand why the trooper in the middle has one but the other tk above does not. maybe its on the other side. Also, if they are all left handed, then why the hell is the holster on the right of him and not the left?

But yea, because the magazine is on the left side, they hold the blaster with there left hand to prevent scuffing or something like that. I cant remember who or where i heard that from.

Caleb

In both the CRL and EIB requirements, if a holster is to be worn , it should be on the right side, connected to the belt with 2 rivets. I suppose that means if you want to holster you're E-11, then cross draw it is.

If you're going to holster the weapon then it would have to be cross-draw. And if that's the case

You'd have to wear a left-handed holster on the right side of the body and the holster would have to be facing backwards in order to accommodate the E-11.

Does anyone disagree with this?

I know the EIB requirements for this. Unfortunately, they don't clarify whether the holster is a right-handed or a left-handed holster. To the casual observer you'd think that it would be a right-handed holster because it's located on the right hand side. But because of the shape of the E-11 it would actually require the holster to be a left-handed holster worn on the right-hand side if you were to ever holster the E-11.

And that oddity is why I've created this thread, to clarify precisely which type of holster a RoTJ troooper needs to possess if he's going to use one.

Just rewatched parts of ROTJ in 1080p to answer your question.

It is a LEFT-handed holster worn on the right side with LONG black straps riveted about midway on the belt. The straps seem to lower the holster right below the bottom of the drop boxes.

I also just realised there was a rebel dressed as a scout trooper who was under arrest right before the Ewoks attacked. O_O

scout.gif

Thank you for that. Logically, that's the only way it could work. I appreciate you looking into it.

I agree with you. I've never seen the E-11 holstered either. But since the holster is there it had to be discussed.

I've seen both right-handed and left-handed holsters for sale and to avoid confusion for myself and for anyone else working on a RoTJ build the E-11 holster had to be discussed. This was the one detail that was nagging at me. and although I could reason my way through it I thought it better to discuss it with others and get someone else's point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread on the RoTJ holster is already started and since the thread's primary purpose has been satisfied I'll branch it off into a related subject...

After looking around throughout the FISD forum, on the internet in general, and by examining the screen shots of the RoTJ troopers that I do have I find myself wondering something new.

Is there anything special that differentiates the RoTJ E-11 holster from the holsters used in ANH ad ESB?

A couple of details that I am aware of so far...

The RoTJ holster straps are all black and are not looped over the belt.

The RoTJ holster hangs approximately six inches below the belt.

Are there any other differences or is the pattern of the holster the same as ANH holsters?

• 1 month later...
Since this thread on the RoTJ holster is already started and since the thread's primary purpose has been satisfied I'll branch it off into a related subject...

After looking around throughout the FISD forum, on the internet in general, and by examining the screen shots of the RoTJ troopers that I do have I find myself wondering something new.

Is there anything special that differentiates the RoTJ E-11 holster from the holsters used in ANH ad ESB?

A couple of details that I am aware of so far...

The RoTJ holster straps are all black and are not looped over the belt.

The RoTJ holster hangs approximately six inches below the belt.

Are there any other differences or is the pattern of the holster the same as ANH holsters?

Yeah the straps that attach to the belt are longer when it comes to an ROTJ Holster which makes the holster dangle lower than an ANH...I seam to remember that in ESB in between shots the troopers placed their weapons in the holsters backwards

For the RoTJ holster straps I estimate a total length of about 7.25-7.5 inches in length when measured from the top of the holster.

I figure that the RoTJ belt is 2.5 inches wide and the holster straps are connected just below the center point of that width. Halving the belt gives us 1.25 inches and then we add that to the six-inch hang of the RoTJ holster, for a total length of 7.25 inches.

But since the rivets holding the holster to the belt aren't sitting at the very edge of the leather straps I give it another .5 inches for a bit of room in riveting the straps to the belt.

Because of the E-11 magazine the blaster would have to go in backwards. I'd love to see a picture of one holstered, even if it was on an ESB trooper.

Because of the E-11 magazine the blaster would have to go in backwards. I'd love to see a picture of one holstered, even if it was on an ESB trooper.

I took a few screen caps from ESB with the E-11 in backwards. I'm not anywhere near them at the moment though.

The TK's have them holstered in a few scenes on Cloud City if you want to pop the DVD in. They are clear that the E11 was put in "backwards" with the handle facing forward and the magazine pointing out away from the right leg.

I found a picture of the holstered E-11 in ESB...

pic3vd.jpg

The red circle obscures it but if you look you can see a holstered E-11 on the second trooper from the left. And sure enough, it's in backwards. Not that he had any choice.

• 6 months later...