assistance with getting eyes in

OK, I got my lenses from Smitty today (thanks Smitty, they're really nice!!) I was going to use silicone to put them in, but that turned out to be too messy. how do you guys glue in your lenses? e-6000 seems like it would be too messy, and super glue will leave a white haze. Suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

E-6000 would be ok.

You only need to use a small amount, remember your glueing plastic not houses.. put a small bead around the edge, leave for 10 mins and then hold in place with tape..

Should do the trick :)

Be careful of hot glue. I used it for my Dan Laws, and it was so hot, it warped the plastic on the snout.

Be sure to have a cold wet towel to hold on the other side of the helmet to keep the temperature down.

I was actually able to straighten the eye bump because it was hot. :lol:

E-6000 would be ok.

You only need to use a small amount, remember your glueing plastic not houses.. put a small bead around the edge, leave for 10 mins and then hold in place with tape..

Should do the trick :)

I was thinking of doing that with a toothpick, just spread what I need on the inside.

I used industrial velcro, outlined the eyes inside of the helmet,then placed them were they should be and applied the same outline on the lenses, very tight snug fit and i can remove for cleaning ( the ocacinal dumb@rse pokes my lens) :D

I used industrial velcro, outlined the eyes inside of the helmet,then placed them were they should be and applied the same outline on the lenses, very tight snug fit and i can remove for cleaning ( the ocacinal dumb@rse pokes my lens) :D

what is the chance you could get a few pics of this up? I'd like to see how you did that.

Hmmm my camera is dead but let me see if i have pics of that..... on sec i will post them if i have them.

Sorry pics not great but i did do a drawing (bad one) but here goes....

TBvCbju.jpg

Bad pics but u can see some velcro, i was test fitting it worked so i velcroed completly,like i said theses are very old pics....

8sWM9xi.jpg

8cIFUXA.jpg

I think this is the best way.

I used the same method and it rocks, lenses are perfectly installed and you can remove them easily to clean or replace.

That is a clever idea, might have to try that.

I used hotglue on my FX when I installed some of Smitty's lenses and it worked out great, but I know that will be too hot for the AP I am working on now so I may look into this. Otherwise I was thinking E6000 or maybe some clear silicone so they could be easily removed if need be.