1 of 3....

Here are some photos of the partially incomplete TE ROTJ armor that is being built for me. The armor is made out of .06 biscuit colored ABS (just like the original rotj armor) with the exception of the helmet which is made out of .093 styrene painted biscuit. It is a beautiful piece and i cant wait to see the finished product. Anyway, here are a few pics.

6200_1180724287743_1517267817_30480.jpg

6200_1180724327744_1517267817_30480.jpg

6200_1180724367745_1517267817_30480.jpg

Enjoy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can say what they want about Matt as a person, but boy does TE make some nice looking kit. Caleb - this is going to be awesome and I for one can't wait to see this come together.

Great job :)

Thanks for all the kind compliments. Just to dismiss any confusion, the person in the photos is not me, its Matts son who he is fitting it too. He is the same height and around the same weight as i am, so once Matt sends this off to me, the suit should fit like a glove.

Yes FON, your trim is the absolute best.

I am starting to like this scruffy looking beat up jedi armour.. it has a certain look to it, something i cant quite put my finger on..

I really look forward to seeing how this turns out :)

I am starting to like this scruffy looking beat up jedi armour.. it has a certain look to it, something i cant quite put my finger on..

I really look forward to seeing how this turns out

I never used to like the Jedi helmets or armour but the more you study them, the more they grow on you.

Caleb are you going to do anyweathering on this suit?

Joe

I never used to like the Jedi helmets or armour but the more you study them, the more they grow on you.

Caleb are you going to do anyweathering on this suit?

Joe

Mmm, hard to say. The plastic is biscuit colored abs which is what the original rotj suits were made from, and from what i have been told, the plant which produced this plastic has closed down, and I believe they were the only ones who produced this biscuit color material. So with that said, I dont want to ruin it by weathering it. Now the styrene suit which i will be receiving, that will be made into a SE "Special Edition" suit, which is nothing but polished styrene. Will i weather it? possibly. I will probably add scuff marks here and there in the legs and chest pieces.

Caleb

Your getting 2 ROTJ armor suits?

Yurp. One biscuit colored ABS, and the other is styrene. Im going to troop in the ABS only once, after that its going to be thrown on a Manni and im going to do all my other future trooping in the styrene.

Yurp. One biscuit colored ABS, and the other is styrene. Im going to troop in the ABS only once, after that its going to be thrown on a Manni and im going to do all my other future trooping in the styrene.

That is great man :duim: ! be sure to post tons of pics. Congrats man!!

Cheers

A

Awesome, cant wait to see pics :) I have the styrene set on order. Wish I could have pulled off the ABS set. That looks awesome.

I have one on the way, I am really excited as I have been after a Jedi helmet for about 3 years.

Also my helmets will be ready to go by Christmas if all goes to plan.

Joe

Sounds like I gotta tell santa what i want for christmas! haha.

• 2 weeks later...