MY NEW ROTJ HELMET

Hi guys, I just got this ROTJ helmet :D . I'm looking forward to start to work on it very soon. These are my first pictures, I will try to post pictures of my progress from time to time. I hope you like it.

Cheers

A

ROTJ_03.jpg

ROTJ_01-1.jpg

ROTJ_02.jpg

ROTJ_04.jpg

Thanks guys :duim: , I'm glad you like it. I will start to work on it very soon, but first I might photoshop some of these images to help me to pre-visualize the final product. I have in mind to do a screen used version... slightly weathered. I will post pictures soon.

Hey Joe, you are right, this one is a bit different than yours, to be honest I like all different variations. BTW Joe does yours come with ANH/ESB hovi mix?

Thanks for looking

A

Looking forward to seeing you progress this Armando!!!

Nice lid! :duim:

Thanks Scott :D , I hope don't disappoint anybody :rolleyes:

Ok guys, this is the firs photoshoped image, this one is with ESb decals and ANH\ESB tips, I'm actually working in a weathered version.

Cheers

A

ROTJ_preview_01.jpgROTJ_03.jpg

May I see a pic of the rear traps from straight on?

Are these helmets resin? I have seen resin and now what appears to be ABS.

It is not resin, it is made of is ABS. I will try to take picture tonight. ;)

Cheers

A

• 2 weeks later...
Is this a TE? I ask because I wonder how tight it is. Can you wear this with glasses on

Yes it is a TE. It is as tight as an AP I would say.

BTW I'll take tomorrow pictures of the interior and the back. I completly forgot it :mellow:

So far I have painted the frown and the vocorder and started with the earcaps. It is work in progress. I'm not very happy with gloss since I used black coal satin from Humbrol but the results are glosier than I expected. I'll wait couple days to see how the paint cures

Cheers

A

ROTJ_in_progress_01.jpg

ROTJ_in_progress_02.jpg

It does look rather shinny, that black...

Looks nice though, maybe you could use a little glass wool to take off the sheene or are you thinking of redoing with satin or something?

I'll wait to see how the paint cures, but I just noticed that the ROTJ baground helmets are rather shinny than matte(heros and background helmets). In the menatime more pics of my progress...enjoy it ;)

Cheers

A

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

That is looking amazing.

The gloss is perfect and not too shiny at all IMO. You could just thicken the frown by a mm or two around the edges and lengthen it slighly so it goes nearer the corners.

Just add some of Keith's Hovi Mic Tips.

rotjrenov01.jpg

roj6.jpg

Then again regarding the gloss here is the helmet that Matt got his casts from which interestingly has a rounded off frown and the background style ears and a hard hat liner and chin straps. It has the more matt/satin frown. It seems to me that the background and hero moulds (ANH/ESB shape and the slimmer/wonky shape) were mixed up. Excuse the slightly OT.

origrotjhelmette1.jpg

More pics please by the way.

Also how do you paint the ears, they look very neat?

Joe

Great stuff Joe!! Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us :salute: . I think my second helmet will be a hero like the one you posted in the last picture. I will improve the frown the way you say, you are right, mine is a little bit short on the sides and the edge slightly small

I want to use the super accurate hovimix that Keith used in his TM hero trooper but he mentioned tome those are not offered for sale :( , so I'm afraid I have to used and alternative route unless he changes his mind.

I'm glad you like the ears and thanks for your kind words, basically I stroke them with black paint using a flat brush # 3 or 4, then when it dries I fill them up the interior with humbrol #5 creating a thing black out ring. Most of the time I try to hold my breath so my pulse is not shaky :)

Cheers

A

PD: more pics coming soon.

As I promised... more pics, decals added, earcaps painted. Need to add the tips, foam liner and neck trim. Opps and touch up slight ly the frown(to be more accurate). I hope you you like it as much as I like so far.

Cheers

A

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_7214.jpg