FBJ's new armour :)

Nothing much to see here, its all pretty standard stuff. But i have used dungaree bib and brace style adjustable thingymajigs so that the ab plate and chest plate are adjustable. This is so that i can move the parts up or down for a nice snug fit.

fbjsTMarmourchronicles038.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles041.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles040.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles039.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The armour body

fbjsTMarmourchronicles044.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles046.jpg

The finished belt, i used plastic weld to put the rivet covers on and the drop boxes are rivited to the 1 inch white elastic which is simply looped over the belt so they can freely move around

fbjsTMarmourchronicles047.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles048.jpg

The legs with the sniper knee plate and ammo pack. The joining strips on the back of the calfs are 1 inch wide, where as the rest of the joining strips on the legs are 25mm

fbjsTMarmourchronicles049.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles050.jpg

Do you only glue the shoulder straps on the front side and not the back?

The screen used suits weer only connected at the front, the back of the bridge would be floating.

I noticed that you and other troopers lately painted their ab buttons with humbrol #14 french blue instead of the commonly used midnight blue.

It really makes sense because it was also used for the helmet stripes, and matches more with the blue in reference pictures.

3636222414_aec3c9fcc8_o.jpg

What do you guys think? I maybe have to repaint mine....

Excellent pictures Mark of your armour!!!

How long did it take you to complete?

Hi Scott, i think it took me about 3 weeks of build time to complete the suit for me to troop in it on sunday, although i was using my dl helmet. I still need to build the thermal detonator and the helmet and another belt rig for my ESB trooper :)

I noticed that you and other troopers lately painted their ab buttons with humbrol #14 french blue instead of the commonly used midnight blue.

It really makes sense because it was also used for the helmet stripes, and matches more with the blue in reference pictures.

3636222414_aec3c9fcc8_o.jpg

Since the hi res pics have been available, it seems more ovious that th ab plate buttons were actually lighter than the #15 humbrol people have been using :)

As suggested by Mark in another thread, I'm going to use #14 in my AP. I think it looks more accurate than #15.

But I also bought Humbrol #15 just in case... :P

• 2 weeks later...
Well i am 6 feet tall and eight over 15 stone which i think is over 200 pounds, Brian so i think it can be done :)

That's what I've been looking for, you sir I thank for helping me make my decision ;) I'm 6'1 and about 210lbs.

Thanks FBJ

• 11 months later...

Nice one Mark , ihave that probleam with the shins like that mod ,i was thinking today how to close my shins i mainley get them comming out at the bottom just got new tk boots and they are slightly shorter where did you get the hooks from Mark i need to try this mod.

Steve