Ways to connect cod and back piece underneath?

Anyone have tips and some pictures on how you connect the front cod and back pieces? Basically, the strip that goes underneath your crotch :lol:

I was planning on putting snaps on ABS sheets then gluing them on the front and back sections with some nylon webbing to connect them. Is this the best way or can I use something else?

Any help will be appreciated!

Michelle

TKEastbay

Anyone have tips and some pictures on how you connect the front cod and back pieces? Basically, the strip that goes underneath your crotch :lol:

I was planning on putting snaps on ABS sheets then gluing them on the front and back sections with some nylon webbing to connect them. Is this the best way or can I use something else?

Any help will be appreciated!

Michelle

TKEastbay

That's how its done.

I went to the dollar store and grabbed a neoprine bottle opener pad. Hacked it in half and installed with E6000.

I love dollar stores... ;)

Thanks all for the tips. I'm having a hard time finding snaps long enough to apply to ABS or even thinner plastic sheets :huh:

I may end up applying snaps onto some nylon webbing then securely glue them onto the armor. Wish me luck ;)

TKEastbay

Yup, what I done too. I tried velcro...too embarrassing.

yeah.. i had mine velcro-ed for a while.. then one troop it kept coming undone.. imagine my embarassment at asking a fellow trooper to "fix it".. LOL.. right after that troop, i glued it in!!!

Thanks all for the tips. I'm having a hard time finding snaps long enough to apply to ABS or even thinner plastic sheets :huh:

I may end up applying snaps onto some nylon webbing then securely glue them onto the armor. Wish me luck ;)

TKEastbay

You might want to try heavy duty snaps from Home Depot or Orchards.

Heavy duty marine snaps (used for attaching canvas on boats) have worked very well for me. The center shank on them is deeper than most snaps and they are very strong, I picked up a box of them at a West Marine store near me, I did the same as everybody else with the two snaps and elastic strap, works great.

Heavy duty marine snaps (used for attaching canvas on boats) have worked very well for me. The center shank on them is deeper than most snaps and they are very strong, I picked up a box of them at a West Marine store near me, I did the same as everybody else with the two snaps and elastic strap, works great.

I'll try looking for these marine snaps. I went to Home Depot, OSH, Lowe's - they all had the same smaller sized snaps. Thanks again all ;)

Michelle

TKEastbay

• 1 month later...
I'll try looking for these marine snaps. I went to Home Depot, OSH, Lowe's - they all had the same smaller sized snaps. Thanks again all ;)

Michelle

TKEastbay

you will need to go to like a boat shop where they sell all of the boat accessories

Or you can try places like Tandy Leather. That is where I was able to get them, and then just take a small square piece of ABS, and mount the snap to that, and glue to the inside of the cod piece.

Wallah!

B)