getting a helmet

well i was lookuign around and i dont really want to get one off ebay cuz people do get scammed alot on ebay, and i wanted a helmet that i could build sorta liek the fx kit but the helmet is to big for me, anyone no of a good helmet that is somewhere from 100-180? and i cant find any that arnt already built i want to by it as a kit so i can have the fun of building it myself. <_<

The MRCE is the only one in that price range, aside from an AP second.

I'd turn your spellchecker on too - I can't read 1/2 of what you wrote.

Many MRCE owners end up tearing down and rebuilding the helmets anyway, so in addition to being in your price range you can still have the experience of building it up yourself. There are a ton of good tutorials here on how to do this.

Not only is the MRCE in your price range, it's readily available. Google "Master Replicas Collectors Edition stormtrooper" and take your pick of vendors (including eBay).

Many MRCE owners end up tearing down and rebuilding the helmets anyway, so in addition to being in your price range you can still have the experience of building it up yourself. There are a ton of good tutorials here on how to do this.

Not only is the MRCE in your price range, it's readily available. Google "Master Replicas Collectors Edition stormtrooper" and take your pick of vendors (including eBay).

iv been scammed like 50 times on ebay unfortunatly

are those wearable helmets or are they only display models

The MRCE is totally wearable. Do a google image search, or even look around this very board, you'll see troopers with modified MRCE helmets.

It just takes a little searching.

i anly asked because i have seen some that are on like display stands and cant be worn so idk i just dont no wwich one is wich and i dont want to buy the wrong one.

If you don't want to use ebay, try play.com for an MRCE. They're reliable and a good price too. I bought one and was very happy with it.

But for screen accuracy, you'll probably be much happier with perhaps an AP helmet or similar. Only TAKE YOUR TIME (and ask lots of advice) when building it - it can ruin your day if you mess it up!

AP offers "seconds" helmets, which are regular helmets with very very minor defects, like a blemish or something somewhere, for about 175.

As Catbread said AP seconds is defo the way to go if its around $180 you wanna spend they are good reliable lids and screen accurate.

You can't go wrong with the AP Second for the price... there are other options out there though. Just make sure that you take your time and look around. -Not just on this forum, but others as well. The helmet is the most inportant part of the armor, make an informed decision and take your time.

Why might someone want to rebuild or modify this kind of helmet

• 2 weeks later...