E6000 glue question

When my AP sets comes in. Do I need both E6000 and ABS plastic welder? I have seen posts where people use both. Can I get buy with just E6000. Also, in a local hobby shop I have seen a abs plastic welder that comes in a bottle with a swab like applicator. The name escapes me for the momment. Can any abs plastic welder that you see in hobby shops do the trick?

Thanks.

Andy

The ABS welder actually melts the ABS and then hardens it again so it really helps to have experience with it.

It also comes in both white and black so be sure it's not the black one.

I really like E6000 - strong and flexible. The flexible part is key.

the only problem with it is the 24hr cure period.

plastic weld does indeed melt plastic.

I use a combination of E6000 and CA glue. The CA glue holds edges together and prevents moving whilst the E6000 cures and gives it the eventual strength.

Here at home, we (me and my GF) have built both an FX and an AP, and I used only ABS weld on the FX, not one thing have fallen apart yet, after plenty of troops. The AP was put together using ABS weld to fasten two edges of ABS to eachother, then securing it with strips glued with E6000. Which also seem to work extremely well.

I used nothing but plastic weld on my 2 TK's, needs a thin coat on both surfaces and then anouter dribble and then clamped tight for a couple of hours for best results :)

• 3 years later...

I really like E6000 - strong and flexible. The flexible part is key.

the only problem with it is the 24hr cure period.

plastic weld does indeed melt plastic.

I use a combination of E6000 and CA glue. The CA glue holds edges together and prevents moving whilst the E6000 cures and gives it the eventual strength.

I really like using E6000 except for the long cure period. I've had a few instances where I needed to remove a cover strip or black elastic, which the E6000 allows.

I suggest E6000 - it hold up well but also has the flexibility to be (carefully) pulled apart if you need to. Plastic Weld is permanent and unforgiving.

I used nothing but plastic weld on my 2 TK's, needs a thin coat on both surfaces and then anouter dribble and then clamped tight for a couple of hours for best results smile.gif

Did you have any trouble with it leaking out from under the strips and then staining your armor?