I think I met the ultimate Star Wars fan today...

VaderDave

We attended a Troop today at a local Barnes and Nobles booksellers. It was basically a big photo op/autograph session with the proceeds going to a local Elementary School to buy books and other supplies.

Well we came out and lined up in our spot and the first people in line was a man with 3 small kids and a very pregnant wife, all wearing ROTS t shirts. They came up and got photos and stuff and then left and we worked for the next 2 hours handing the 500+ people in line.

Well we finished the appearance and we went to grab something to eat and our head handler asked if we remembered the first family in line.

She then proceeded to tell us, as she had been talking to them before we came out, that the wifes water had broken, RIGHT THERE IN THE STORE, as they were waiting for us! and that she had refused to leave for the hospital, BECAUSE SHE WANTED PICS WITH VADER AND THE STORMTROOPERS! :o

I've heard of die hard SW fans before but she by far takes the prize! :D

Wow - that it a fan. And with kids in tow to boot. What a cool story, and I bet it made you guys feel great to provide her that wish.

that is what I call a fan!

Would have been really cool if she went in to labor right there and Vader got to deliver the kid!

"...I'll call him...Anakin!"

:P

LOL my wife just said, it was probably a ploy to cut the line! Probably had a water balloon at the ready :lol:

If that was the case, does it make her more or less of a fan? ;)

That's a pretty cool story...heck, my wife gets upset when I tell her not to deliver on Sunday during the regular season (NFL)...:)

Great story, and what a great mother.

Please pardon the slight hijacking of this thread, but did anyone else notice that Amish Trooper is back! (see his reply to this thread above)

Amish Trooper, how are things? Where have you been? What's going on?

:dance::duim:

Great story, U should visit and get post birth pics!!! LOL

That would be a classic " Vader holding a newborn"!!!!!!