ESB Stormtrooper helmet (CAP)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your skills are nothing less then impressive as always.

Ā 

I fully agree.

Ā 

The job you've done on this helmet is simply amazing! :duim: :duim:

Ā 

Thanks guys ;) , I'm trying to do my best. Still there are tons of good artists in this forum with greater skills than me. Chazz you sandtrooper is flawless one of the best out there.

Ā 

Seriously I am glad you like it guys

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Actually I've taken pictures of the inside of the same helmet. What you are seeing is the trim curving up with the helmet profile. Now the trim is uneven on the inside, so it's possible and likely that it was S trim with the inner lip cut off.

Ā 

Thanks for those photos Terrell :duim:

Ā 

I can clearly see that one side of the channel has been trimmed off from the 'S' profile trim. Why they trimmed it makes no sence really?

Ā 

Ok, so I did exactly the same thing, I just trimmed off the inside bevel of the neck trim so it is closer to the originals, I will try to post pictures later today. Thanks for your help guys.

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

Ā 

Ā 

CAP_int_01.jpg

Ā 

CAP_int_02.jpg

Ā 

CAP_int_03.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who made the mic tips?

Ā 

I know someone on the rpf recast a set of mine to make a comlink, but i didn't bother saying anything.

Ā 

If this is the same person, then it looks like i might have another recaster to try and deal with.

Ā 

Keith.

Can that be verified? EVO3 has a pretty solid anti-recasting stance of his own and has well-documented self-made props.

EVO3 did a run right here on the FISD with machined mics.

Ā 

So a found part is a rercast? How so? As much as Evo hates recasting, I doubt that is an issue.

Yes it can. The comlink tip he made and posted pictures of in a for sale thread on the rpf shows a mark that i put into my mic tips master.

Ā 

I don't know EVO3 and have nothing against him or anything. Like i said, i didn't even bother saying anything about the comlink, but now he seems to be selling them as mic tips.

Ā 

Keith.

Just a reminder...this thread is here to celebrate Armando's bucket.

Ā 

Keith, I know your position on recasting.

Ā 

Nathan, I know where you stand on that subject also.

Ā 

Troops, let's keep it on topic or I'll delete the offending post(s) and I'll lock this thread down.

Ā 

T :salute:

Just a reminder...this thread is here to celebrate Armando's bucket.

Ā 

Keith, I know your position on recasting.

Ā 

Nathan, I know where you stand on that subject also.

Ā 

Troops, let's keep it on topic or I'll delete the offending post(s) and I'll lock this thread down.

Ā 

T :salute:

Ā 

Thanks HPDBlues. The only thing I can say is that I saw EVO3 comlink and I thought the hovi mix he used for it were great. I ordered a couple of them and I weather myself. I also ordered before hovi mix from Keith and I can tell you the interior are completely different to the EVO3. I do not know if they are recast or not, but I can say they are very nice. I also loved the hovi mix Keith used for his TM hero bucket but I never could get them from Keith so I decided to get the EVO3. And now I would appreciate it if we can keep it on topic

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

I think I'm going to be here checking the ESB stuff out, I have a suit I want to build ESB. This helmet is a real beauty bro! I too am inspired and can't wait to delve into the ESB Trooper Universe. ;) A true beauty!

What kind of paint did you use?

Ā 

I used humbrol paints for the details; black satin, and gray #5. Taupe(Rustoleum Specialty Plastics), to recreate the HDPE, and for the white color I used Rustoleum Profesional gloss white 7592. I hope it helps :salute:

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

I used humbrol paints for the details; black satin, and gray #5. Taupe(Rustoleum Specialty Plastics), to recreate the HDPE, and for the white color I used Rustoleum Profesional gloss white 7592. I hope it helps :salute:

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

Ā 

Got to love that Rustoleum gloss white. Do you use a new can when you paint? Did you use primer?

Got to love that Rustoleum gloss white. Do you use a new can when you paint? Did you use primer?

Ā 

Sorry for the late answer. I have been away <_<

No I did not used primer because the HDPE color paint is made of for plastic surfarces and did no required primer at all. Once I applied this color I put the helmet away for a week so the paint can cure, then I applied the white rustoleum(brand new can).I hope this helps.

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

A

• 1 month later...