Looking for Deep Clamps

HI All,

Does anyone know where I can get some deep spring clamps? I need them to be at least 6" deep. the only one I can find are 4" I want to plasti weld my theighs, shins & forarms. But can't find clams deep enough to go "into" the theigh or shin.

I found one specialty tool company that had them, but they are way expensive. I used rare earth magnets, got them on line, as the ones at the local stores were not strong enough.

Ā 

www.magnet4less.com is where I got mine. Order extra as they aren't that much and shipping is a little high, but their prices are way lower than anyone else out there. I've ordered twice and had no problems.

I was also on the look out for some deep clamps for glueing my thighs and shins but was unable to find any.

Ā 

In the end i just made do without them. I made sure i keyed the area which needed to be glued and used a thin covering of E6000 on each part and then put them together using small clamps at each end and used blue painters tape to hold the middle together while the glue dried.

Ā 

I have had no problems at all by using this method and saved myself a few quid on clamps that were destined to be used only a handfull of times.

I found one specialty tool company that had them, but they are way expensive. I used rare earth magnets, got them on line, as the ones at the local stores were not strong enough.

Ā 

www.magnet4less.com is where I got mine. Order extra as they aren't that much and shipping is a little high, but their prices are way lower than anyone else out there. I've ordered twice and had no problems.

Ā 

Ā 

How many pounds of pull would you say you need?

Try looking in automotive body repair stores for tools. I have 3 12" deep clamps, and I love them! Cost me about $24 Canadian at the time. There made in China so I don't see a manufacture stamp on them. I got them from a Vehical Tech from my old battalion so next week I'll try to see if he's still there and the name of the shop he got them from and post the name/place here. :D

radude210 said:
How many pounds of pull would you say you need?

Ā 

These are the ones I like. Watch the fingers, they will snap and pinch quick if your not careful. BTW make sure you look at their quantity discount, buying more can actually cost less when you total out.

Ā 

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

What I did was to alternate abs glue and super glue. I used abs glue as the primary glue but would put dabs of super glue to function as my clamps. I did not glue the full length of my thighs in one shot. I started at one end and worked my way up. I would apply a few inches of abs glues and end with an inch of super glue. I would clamp what I could, tape what I could and just use my own two hands to hold the super glue part. Once that set in 30 secs or so I could set the piece down and let the abs glue do its job. Then a little later I would come back, add another section of abs glue followed by a small section of super glue....

• 1 year later...

I found the clamps I was looking for. I knew someone had to make them. I had checked Harbor Freight about a year & half ago. Nothing, & then the other day. there they were. 8" deep "C" clamps. This is what I used on all my legs & arm parts. :dancing-trooper:

I was trying to post pics, but photo bucket is down today. Will post later.