ROTJ Elite

Tech151

So... any update on the ROTJ elite Standards? Anything at all... even if it's just what lenses :P.

First I think we should eliminate the Hasbro toy blaster from any elite submissions then we can focus on the smaller items

First I think we should eliminate the Hasbro toy blaster from any elite submissions then we can focus on the smaller items

Ā 

I second this.

From recent talks with Paul I don't think the standards are going to be raised anytime soon. MEPD raised theirs when they got to about a third of all TDs being deployed, right now we have about 2.7% of the stormtroopers as elite. Lets get a few more % under our belt before we raise the bar higher.

Considering that there is only one ROTJ Elite, I'd be open to changing the standards depending on what exactly is being proposed.

Ā 

I can say that removing Hasbro for Elite is off the table for now.

From recent talks with Paul I don't think the standards are going to be raised anytime soon. MEPD raised theirs when they got to about a third of all TDs being deployed, right now we have about 2.7% of the stormtroopers as elite. Lets get a few more % under our belt before we raise the bar higher.

Ā 

Only 2.7% Wow not many of us huh :mellow:

I beg to differ with removing the Hasbro blaster from the elite options. Some hasbro blasters can be modded to make quite a convincing E-11. I do however propose that Hasbro requirements include the following in order for Elite Status

Ā 

1. Correct barrel modifications: 2 T track strips to cover the row of holes and removal of bottom left factory T track and replaced with a row of holes. Removal of the left side crecent greeblie. Possibly also flipping the right side crecent greeblie 180 degrees to make it correct.

Ā 

2. Existing greeblie requirements for each movie as currently stated by the Elite Standards (hammers, door catch, ESB Alligator clips D-ring)

Ā 

3. Must have a proper counter for ANH

Ā 

4. Must have a proper maghousing installed

Ā 

5. Must have a proper stock installed (functioning or non functioning - just has to have one)

Ā 

*for a ROTJ blaster I think all the T track should be removed and replaced with the proper U-shaped channel such as provided by Stomper*

Ā 

I am 100% up for being more stringent for the Hasbro blasters but not thier elimination.

I beg to differ with removing the Hasbro blaster from the elite options. Some hasbro blasters can be modded to make quite a convincing E-11. I do however propose that Hasbro requirements include the following in order for Elite Status

Ā 

1. Correct barrel modifications: 2 T track strips to cover the row of holes and removal of bottom left factory T track and replaced with a row of holes. Removal of the left side crecent greeblie. Possibly also flipping the right side crecent greeblie 180 degrees to make it correct.

Ā 

2. Existing greeblie requirements for each movie as currently stated by the Elite Standards (hammers, door catch, ESB Alligator clips D-ring)

Ā 

3. Must have a proper counter for ANH

Ā 

4. Must have a proper maghousing installed

Ā 

5. Must have a proper stock installed (functioning or non functioning - just has to have one)

Ā 

*for a ROTJ blaster I think all the T track should be removed and replaced with the proper U-shaped channel such as provided by Stomper*

Ā 

I am 100% up for being more stringent for the Hasbro blasters but not thier elimination.

Ā 

yeah I agree with some of this, but in the end its still a hasbro toy blaster and not a prop replica, but thats just me :)

Considering that there is only one ROTJ Elite, I'd be open to changing the standards depending on what exactly is being proposed.

Ā 

I can say that removing Hasbro for Elite is off the table for now.

yes, if we start doing this, I think we should add the "encouraged" ROTJ mods into the Elite standards also

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...