ANH Re-release question

johnnymac

In the 1990's, when Lucas decided to remaster and digitalize a bunch of scenes in the Star Wars Trilogy for cinema release, he completely reshot the desert scene with the famous line "Look sir, droids."

Does anyone know what kind of armor he used for the shots? I saw a documentary on the remake at the OmniMax over fifteen years ago. (long before my obsession took over. :-) )I remember them talking about how they had a hard time finding people to wear the TK costume because of the intense heat of the desert. Lucas ended up using US Marines in the updated/remastered version.

Wow! I can't believe this thread is not exploding. If you have access to any of this footage please share it with me, because, I guess i am living under a rock.... I had no clue. This has got to be a joke. :trooper:

In the 1990's, when Lucas decided to remaster and digitalize a bunch of scenes in the Star Wars Trilogy for cinema release, he completely reshot the desert scene with the famous line "Look sir, droids."

Does anyone know what kind of armor he used for the shots? I saw a documentary on the remake at the OmniMax over fifteen years ago. (long before my obsession took over. :-) )I remember them talking about how they had a hard time finding people to wear the TK costume because of the intense heat of the desert. Lucas ended up using US Marines in the updated/remastered version.

They didn't redo the look sir droids part

they did add some Sandies in there right before that scene though.

They wore ROTJ armor that was apparently painted with Bantha Poodoo

They also had dropboxes & hideous backpacks

:wacko:

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I wish I knew how to find that documentary. It was showing at the St. Louis Science Center in the 90's. A girl that I was dating had their X-mas party there and this was the movie playing at the OmniMax.

Those helmets on posted above look very different from ANH.

I definately remember them shooting it in the desert. I wish I knew how to find that documentary. It was showing at the St. Louis Science Center in the 90's. A girl that I was dating had their X-mas party there and this was the movie playing at the OmniMax.

Those helmets on posted above look very different from ANH. Dare I say ... ugly.

I definately remember them shooting it in the desert. I wish I knew how to find that documentary. It was showing at the St. Louis Science Center in the 90's. A girl that I was dating had their X-mas party there and this was the movie playing at the OmniMax.

Those helmets on posted above look very different from ANH. Dare I say ... ugly.

The RTOJ look might grow on you? :huh:

It did on me B)

Never! ANH frowns all the way! :D:P;)

LOL I used to feel the same way, then I went ESB with my second TE2. I think the ROTJ is ok it's my least favorite of all the helmets though. I'll be building one in the near future. :D