left handed BAH!

Anomaly

Nobody's mentioned ESB where the stormies where the holster on the right but most carry the blaster in the left hand as the pic below.

post-1558-1250574962_thumb.jpg

As a leftie it wouldnt be too much hassle to cross draw the blaster from the right hand holster as the mag would be on the outside with the handle facing forward.

:)

• 2 years later...

Sorry for raising this from the dead, lol, but a question came up on our boards (for fun) and I totally remembered some discussion over here about what side to wear the holster so I did a quick search and here we are
:)

I basically chimed in on our boards pretty much what was already written here (can't believe my memory was that good). Reading back through this though, I figured I'd throw a few things out there.

I'm left handed writing, but right side dominant for everything else - like shooting and kicking and punching. I also skateboard and surf regular (rightie) but realized I brush my teeth with my left hand and always put my left foot in pants first hahaha! I also think I wear my pants belt backwards compared to the rest of you (or righties)... I thread it from the right going into the left and thus circling around back to my right (if that makes sense). Some weird things going on there.

Also, back on topic, has anyone ever considered the very simply answer as to which side the holster should be worn = whatever side you want to shoot from? I'm a police officer, and although we all wear the same uniform our gun is just worn on whatever side we shoot from thus some holsters are on the left and some on the right. I get that in the movie they probably had reasons like the layout of the E-11 and wanting to look uniform and consistent, but if we wanted to look at the reasons as if Star Wars was "real" then we could take the ROTJ Endor battle and simply say some are holding it the blaster with their right and others with their left simply because that is their dominant hand
;)

And not for nothing, we can't hit anything anyway so which way you're holding it or where the holster is ends up a moot point lmao
:laugh1:

I think one of the reasons that the holster is worn on the left is because of the mag. If you try and holster the gun on your right side the mag hits your leg. If you turn it around then the gun is backwards.

I have an ESB which is holstered on the right, and removing the gun while it's backwards is very awkward.

It's all very awkward - and I am ambidexterous! But then, I have hips. They kind of get in the way of everything TK.

I started holding in the right but switched to left when I learned that was "the right thing to do" (pun intended) for ANH. It has actually become more comfortable to hold it in my left. If my arm gets really tired and I switch, I can't keep it in my right for long. *weird* (But then again, I have hips.)

I troop a lot with TKRalf who is ESB and we look like good symmetry on either side of Vader or a special edition R2 X-box 360. We can both point in or both out, depending on which side we take.

One thing I've definitely noticed is that I need a notch in my holster for the mag. Is that acceptable? Can't go ruining my EI status.

the holster should have a notch cut in it already? are you wearing the standard AP holster?

his cut is wrong. it just has a swoop, not a cut out.

if you need any help photos would be great!

any strange right handed notches in the holster for a right side mount would be wrong.

some people try to holster the blaster on the right with the blaster facing forward. this is completely wrong.

holsters on the right REQUIRE the blaster to be holstered with the grip handle facing front

and the blaster is supposed to be "backwards" when holstered on the right.

there are plenty of examples showing ANH style troopers holding the blaster in their left hand and shooting.