What happened to T*E

johnnymac

What ever happened to T*E? I was going through a bunch of old threads in the ForSale section and he had a bunch of really nice looking helmets for reasonable prices? I have looked around and saw that he was having a hard time with getting orders out in a timely manner. Does anyone know if he's making helmets anymore?

What ever happened to T*E? I was going through a bunch of old threads in the ForSale section and he had a bunch of really nice looking helmets for reasonable prices? I have looked around and saw that he was having a hard time with getting orders out in a timely manner. Does anyone know if he's making helmets anymore?

Running away, covering head and unmentionables, waiting for high-explosive can of worms to litter countryside. :P

doug more or less covered it....

He had a website up where he sold some lids he had found when dusting off his storageroom or something, don't know if it's still up though.

I just want to specify that T*E does amazing work, and he's made a HUGE contribution to our hobby.

I don't know the guy, and have never even met him, so far be it from me to cast judgment on him, one way or the other.

I'm not a huge fan of some of his posts in the past, but no matter how ya' slice it, the dude makes a MEAN helmet.

I was just commenting on the fact that he seems to be a magnet for controversy-- folks seem to get all riled up whenever his name comes up.

Not sayin' it's right, I'm just sayin' it's so.

We have a rule on the forum not to sell items that aren't in hand. T*E violated this rule by selling helmets he did not have in hand. Also, he resorted to open flaming of others. Yes, he has contributed much to this hobby and even to this forum, but bad behavior is what it is and we gave him far more breaks than we do most everyone else.

from what I know that's a recast of the SFS helmets Matt did. Not his work though. The tubes are all wrong on the recast due to problems with the moulds

Matt sells on eBay now under the name matt970isdead

this one recently ended:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STORMTROOPER-Helmet-bl...%3A1|240%3A1318

That's not Matt (TE), it's recaster from what i hear does terrible work.

Also I want to clarify, that Matt was not banned for his violations of the forums sale rules. That sort of action would lead to a seller not being allowed to sell items anymore. Unfortunately his actions outside of that left me no choice but to ban him. All of this was overseen by the Legion Captain of the Guard by my request since it was the first and only person involuntarily banned last year.

Hi guys, I don't post here much as I'm usually on The Dented Helmet. I have known TE since the 2nd grade and I can gaurantee that the ebay imposter is not TE. Matt is still around, but matt970isdead is not him.

That's not vac-formed - that's fiberglassed.

Arn't most if not all of the lid's that are derived from the SFS lid FG with the trim's & earcap'a incorporated into the design? I'm aware the vendor in the post is'nt T*E

back OT :) has there been another been any further website up yet by T*E? just wondered :mellow:

Ah ok. Thx for the correction guys on the ebay seller. I just assumed (I thought I heard somewhere that was him). My humble apologies for stating as fact! :salute: