"Stomperized" Hyperfirm ANH E-11...

Stomper

Hey Troops,

A couple years back I bought a 2nd hand Hyperfirm ANH E-11 (that I forgot about) and found it sitting in a box out in my workshop a few weeks ago while wading through the MOUNTAIN of crap I have laying all over the place.... it had a horrible paint job on it, as well as old beads of glue from fallen off greeblies, so I got to fiddling around with it and decided to make a few modifications to it to improve it's accuracy over how they usually come...

First I reshaped the trigger guard to a more rounded shape (from the "squashed" look they come with), I then took advantage of the Hyperfirm material's characteristics of "skinning" and carved out the "fill" inside the front sight guards... much nicer looking!

GcZju6a.jpg

I then dumped the (IMO) funky looking "standard" HF scope rail that was glued onto it, carved grooves in the proper places and installed an aluminum scope rail and rubber M38 scope that I casted from a real one I have in my library of parts. It's bonded into the grooves (or slots) with rubberized CA glue, and is ROCK SOLID! I then peeled off the "glued on popsicle stick" looking T-rails, bored out the vent holes on the barrel at each end and installed a "seconds set" (had a some tiny air pockets that I couldn't sell to anyone) of my own rubber T-track and tucked them into the holes for the more "accurate" look.

I then cut off the stubby (way too short) magazine flush with the magazine well, and bored it out with my dremmel tool to make it hollow... again taking advantage of the HF material's "skinning" characteristics to know how thick to make the walls of the mag-well. I made a "quick & dirty" mold of the magazine from the deactivated Sterling SMG I have, and then casted that in rubber and stuffed it into the mag-well... it looks much more accurate than the "stock" HF magazine solution. After that, I made a rubber casting of my (IMO) more accurate power-cylinders and replaced the "stock" HF part, and added the wires that go the the Hengstler counter, and then made a D-ring for the rear end cap and added chrome tape to the bolt in the ejection port. The only thing left is to add a bayonet lug, but I haven't made the mold off my Sterling SMG yet... :0Lighten: A light misting of satin black spray paint to "unitize" everything and presto... a trooping ready, modified HF E-11 that is unique (and more accurate) from everyone else's'.... B)

(Here's a modified MR E-11 that I own for comparison)

SPrFnyb.jpg

The modded HF...

5OKl6b3.jpg

qpEaJGp.jpg

2kZ4306.jpg

6NssiXM.jpg

Here's how HF ANH E-11's look "Stock"... they're very nice, but I like to take things over the top... or as the "kids today" say... "off the hook!" :lol: :

4ae2pse.jpg

1ERN0ac.jpg

IukeXlh.jpg

This is just the warm-up for me, because I'm in the process of developing my own "rubber" E-11's... and it will look a LOT like what you see in these photos, and have some EXCELLENT "Stomperized" features. I may even offer my services to those who have HF E-11's and would like these mods done to it! B)

Oh man, this is beautiful work Tony. My HF E-11 is suffering from an inferiority complex. Probably because it will be replaced when you do yours :) Consider me customer #1 when you them.

:salute:

Oh man, this is beautiful work Tony. My HF E-11 is suffering from an inferiority complex. Probably because it will be replaced when you do yours :) Consider me customer #1 when you them.

:salute:

Sorry I've been #1 in line for about 5 months now :P .

Sorry I've been #1 in line for about 5 months now :P .

Yeah, he's even pre-paid... but youse two are numbers 2 & 3 on the impending list!

FYI- I just ordered a sample sized shpment of the new, uber-cool material I'm considering using on these!... Hopefully it does what I want it to by finding out from casting a Biker Scout blaster with it... since I already have those molds made. ;)

Oh man, those mods look great!

Any chance you can detail your d-ring mod? I want to do that mod to my hyperfirm and would love to hear about your take on it!

I'd also be down for one of these stomperized versions :D

Hey Fitz,

I used the metal wire used for suspended ceilings, bent it around the handles of two X-Acto knifes in a jig that I made up to replicate the dimensions of the original D-ring. I then took the correct sized drill bit and drilled through the ring "stub" of the rear endcap and worked it in. I can make one and send it to you for $5.00USD... Its that much because after PP fees and postage/materials eat up the money I make a whopping $2.00USD for my time and energy.... :lol:

I've been thinking I just need to start making up an "elitist kit", comprised of all the needed parts to get the various E-11 versions up to Elite standards for all the DIY'ers out there. :0Lighten:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Stomper,

I am new to the boards, but am really amazed at your work. I'm trying to make a E-11 with my hasbro, and i work at a rubber and plastics factory for over 20 years. I was able to make everything else, but am having trouble creating a counter and mag housing. Do you have one of each of those to spare? PM me at your earliest. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Hey Stomper,

I am new to the boards, but am really amazed at your work. I'm trying to make a E-11 with my hasbro, and i work at a rubber and plastics factory for over 20 years. I was able to make everything else, but am having trouble creating a counter and mag housing. Do you have one of each of those to spare? PM me at your earliest. Thanks

I have seen several tutorials for scratch building counters, and mag housings.

mostly these are made from sheets of styrene.

IMHO I would also not look to making a HASBRO conversion at all if you're looking for the kind of accuracy you see in

the above posts.

Hyperfirm vs Resin? I vote for Resin, hollowed out and modded!

soon there will be a aluminzed resin hollow version out there somewhere, ready for a soundboard, and lights.