TK-1287 ESB Build[*AP]

Hello everybody on whitearmor.net! I would first like to thank the community for putting up such a great detachment for the 501st. I remember back in the day, us stormtroopers were about the only costume without a detachment (thanks Daetrin!). Without these boards, I would still feel comfortable wearing my FX, but now I'm on to bigger, better, and more expensive things, haha.

My name is Andy, and I am TK-1287 of the Neon City Garrison. I've been a member of the Legion since 2006, but have been trooping unofficially as my Boba Fett since 2005. I have also been serving as GML of the Neon City Garrison since 2007. My body type is 5'9" and 120lbs, so the FX kit doesn't fit my body type at all, that goodness for AP!! I've been wanting to do an ESB Elite stormtrooper for the past year, but I finally have had all of the funds in order, and I think waiting the extra year was well worth it.

So it begins...

So far:

AP Stormtrooper Armour: Arrived

JD Stormtrooper Shoulders: TBA

TM Snowtrooper Handplates: Arrived

Helmet Decals: Arrived

Helmet Brow Trim: Arrived

Helmet Neck Trim: Arrived

Helmet Frown Mesh: Arrived

Two-Tone Hovi Mics: Arrived

Flat Green Helmet Lenses: Arrived

Neck Seal with Bib: Arrived

Undersuit: TBA

Silk Gloves: Arrived

Jodhpur Boots: Arrived

Off-White Canvas Belt: Arrived

Looped Leather Holster: On List

MakerOfThings Blaster: Arrived

CIMG1524.jpg

CIMG1525.jpg

CIMG1526.jpg

CIMG1527.jpg

CIMG1528.jpg

CIMG1529.jpg

CIMG1531.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I've put together so many FX suits it's not even funny, and I've trimmed several FettPride suits of Boba armour, so I think I should be able to handle this :)

Andy

I wouldn't speak to soon mate, I've helped to put a good fair few suits together now

and the AP as got to be the most ill fitting out of all of them.

Nothing matches up properly and nothing is bloody straight forward with it. :angry:

Check out Peter's -Stukatroopers tutorial, that man knows his stuff and this suit

drove him half crazy :blink:

This can be a BEE-HATCH and thats no lie :(

Good luck mate

I decided to start on my helmet today. I trimmed the thighs last night but pics will come later.

For the inside of the helmet, I coated it with Plasti-Dip, what you coat tools with, it gave the inside a fantastic rubbery finish. After I let that dry overnight, I started trimming out the eyes, I made sure to use a brand new razor blade trimming them out, I believe I captured the ESB look pretty well.

CIMG1570.jpg

CIMG1571.jpg

CIMG1572.jpg

CIMG1573.jpg

CIMG1574.jpg

Nice idea the Plasti-dip coating!

Just three questions about it: 1) Did you primed it first? 2) Does it stick well to the plastic? 3) Does it stink "rubbery" once cured?

Nice idea the Plasti-dip coating!

Just three questions about it: 1) Did you primed it first? 2) Does it stick well to the plastic? 3) Does it stink "rubbery" once cured?

1. I didn't prime it.

2. It sticks extremely well to the plastic.

3. Doesn't smell after 3 days, haha.

Helmet is just about done! I just need to paint the frown, vocoder, ears, add pinstriping around the ears, install the lenses, and install the frown mesh. Then I'm all done with this majour piece of the puzzle which is the ESB Stormtrooper!!

CIMG1580.jpg

CIMG1581.jpg

CIMG1582.jpg

CIMG1583.jpg

CIMG1584.jpg