Wrap testing

Did a quick wrap test today. Using iridescent silk chiffon in burgundy, I cut some strips of the fabric in different sizes, approx 5cm wide and probably around 30ish cm long. I don't currently have any painted and weathered TK armour pieces finished so I just used my Clone hand plate for the time being. I folded parts of the fabric as I was wrapping/layering.

3HOv5FV.jpeg

First wrap-around was loose, subsequent attempts worked way better.

vi7kQBk.jpeg

ouMYwXr.jpeg

gHdkdjQ.jpeg

I was trying to replicate the look from the Eman Esfandi picture and I think it worked exceptionally well. With some adhesive and weathering me thinks this should be perfect. Maybe some fray-stop as well if the adhesive/glue doesn't suffice.

jI4LnRO.jpeg

The specific company I used was Prism Silks. Here is a link to the chiffon: https://prismsilks.com/products/burgundy-red-iridescent-silk-chiffon?_pos=4&_sid=327245dd2&_ss=r

Unless there's any objections I'd say that "iridescent silk chiffon in burgundy colour" is the exact same as what was used on screen, or its the absolute closest thing in my opinion. If the wraps extend to level 2-3 I think this specific fabric should be listed,yes? 

• Like 2

Yeah, the way the silk material bunches and frays looks like an exact match to the screen used material. That's really really nice looking. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

The trooper material is SUPPOSEDLY the same stuff that the nightsister gowns are made with. Is it the same stuff in real life? No answer has come forth yet, but silk/chiffon seems plausible for the screen used gowns as well.

Morgan-Elsbeth-Great-Mothers.jpg

Check out this scene. The Nightsisters (great mothers?) dresses blow in the wind in a very silk/chiffon way.  The material seems very flowing and ephemeral, just like the material J found.

Another mark in the plus column for this material! I'm gonna order some. :dancing-trooper:

Check out this scene. The Nightsisters (great mothers?) dresses blow in the wind in a very silk/chiffon way.  The material seems very flowing and ephemeral, just like the material J found.

Another mark in the plus column for this material! I'm gonna order some. :dancing-trooper:

And tell us, Adam. This will make how many different versions of these wraps that you’ve purchased? Gotta be maybe your fourth, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Are you considering using the spray fabric glue they used on set to keep the wrapping in place?

It also aided in some of the discolouration in areas where the fabric was doubled over and helped with the distressing not continually threading and becoming a mess.

For anyone using spray glue Down Under, check the color of the glue, there are a few brands that are yellow and can look like snot (boogers), Spotlight craft spray dries clear (or did the last can I purchased) :D